Sponsored

39.1 OTA bugs (compressor, audio controls, etc.)

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I noticed my compressor was bricked (screen doesn't turn on, doesn't work) after the recent OTA, and have seen at least one other report of the same. Given it's not something people use regularly, I'm wondering if there are a lot more that just haven't been noticed yet.

If you have installed the latest OTA, check your compressor and report here if it's also not working. There may need to be a patch to the update.
Sponsored

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Just tested mine and it's working. You may want to try doing a full reboot and see if that fixes it (left arrow and hazard button).

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
not working either. did a reboot last night which did not help

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
OK yeah I just posted about my air compressor not working, in a different thread. I have installed the latest update too. Not sure if that is the problem. I had not used the compressor in about a month. But yeah it for sure has zero power running to it. The lights in the bed are still coming on, when I toggle that.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
If the compressor was not working, the suspension would be a wreck. My truck is kneeling and rising with no trouble.

Are we talking specifically about the compressor plug in the bed with the psi settings not working? Essentially, you are no longer able to hook up your air hose and fill anything?

Sponsored

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
correct. the compressor plug witht he psi settings has no power. It's possible the latest update killed it. Not sure.

OP
OP

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
If the compressor was not working, the suspension would be a wreck. My truck is kneeling and rising with no trouble.

Are we talking specifically about the compressor plug in the bed with the psi settings not working? Essentially, you are no longer able to hook up your air hose and fill anything?
Sorry, yes, the one in the bed, not the one for suspension. The screen is dark and nothing turns on. Suspension works fine, but there are different compressors for each as I understand. That, or, it's just the controller in the bed that has a bug. It's almost surely just a software bug from the OTA, as there are multiple reports now post install.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Try hitting unlock on your fob and see if it powers it back on. With .35 software, if the truck was locked I could still get into the bed with the tailgate button, but the compressor would still be powered off until the doors were unlocked. I don't have my truck right now nor the .39 update.

OP
OP

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Try hitting unlock on your fob and see if it powers it back on. With .35 software, if the truck was locked I could still get into the bed with the tailgate button, but the compressor would still be powered off until the doors were unlocked. I don't have my truck right now nor the .39 update.
Nope, everything was unlocked. It's definitely a bug from the update. Not a surprise, as most OTA's have gone past the .1 version.

Polecat

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Programmer
I just went and tested mine, which is on the latest update, and it works currently.

Sponsored

GHuff

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Clubs

Just tested mine and it's working. You may want to try doing a full reboot and see if that fixes it (left arrow and hazard button).
Hasn't it been reported in this forum that Rivian has said to NOT do these full reboots on your own? Genuinely curious. Any reports of this reboot causing issues for anyone?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

UGH I just HAD to test this...
Mine is not working either. No reaction to button presses. Also, it's the first time I noticed a loud actuator sound at the air hose connector when locking and unlocking...

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Hasn't it been reported in this forum that Rivian has said to NOT do these full reboots on your own? Genuinely curious. Any reports of this reboot causing issues for anyone?
That was partially due to it deleting logs when rebooting, which I'm told is resolved. Also, there is an issue doing too many reboots in a row, but it should be OK if done sparingly.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

UGH I just HAD to test this...
Mine is not working either. No reaction to button presses. Also, it's the first time I noticed a loud actuator sound at the air hose connector when locking and unlocking...

Isn’t the sound the gear guard cable lock engaging?