fg3

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
@Mathme dope! thank you for sharing!

I'll let you all know when I get mine, whether they shipped all the parts with it, and how the install goes.
Sponsored

Luckydwg

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5
I ended up just ordering one as well. Hopefully it comes with all the hardware. I will report back here once I have it up and installed.

FatherTed

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Polestar 2, Nissan Leaf
I had the same parts missing when my cover was delivered Friday. I called them and they shipped out another bolt set. They sent the parts out 2nd day air, and it I was able to install the cover today.

Attached are pictures of the shipping, Bolt install (and the missing washers), as well as a quick video I took of the cover. I tried to show the overall fit on the truck in bright sun, how to open it, close it, and at the end of the video a close-up of how it looks along the side rails.

Overall, compared to the other options on the market, this one looks to be really well built, pretty close to water tight, secure, and easy to remove and use.
Appreciate you taking the time to share this video - I have ordered one for my R1T. Thanks.

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
@Luckydwg I just checked my truck and the spare cover door touches touches the track that's installed at the side of the bed. Looking in there, I think I could still wrestle the spare out of there when/if needed...I'll determine for sure I another 4500-5500 miles when I'm due for a tire change. Here's a quick pic of where the spare tire hatch and tonneau cover meet ...

Rivian R1T R1S 22-ON Rivian R1T 4ft 6in Box (w/ OEM tonneau track) by Agricover IMG_1234

Luckydwg

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5
@Luckydwg I just checked my truck and the spare cover door touches touches the track that's installed at the side of the bed. Looking in there, I think I could still wrestle the spare out of there when/if needed...I'll determine for sure I another 4500-5500 miles when I'm due for a tire change. Here's a quick pic of where the spare tire hatch and tonneau cover meet ...

IMG_1234.jpeg
Thanks for checking.

Sponsored

Jlschoen

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and others less cool
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Ordered the LoMax cover last Saturday and it came today with ALL parts. Very easy install, took about 15-20 minutes. Initial quality is very good. Overall very pleased with the quality and value of the cover.

Rivian R1T R1S 22-ON Rivian R1T 4ft 6in Box (w/ OEM tonneau track) by Agricover IMG_3006

Rivian R1T R1S 22-ON Rivian R1T 4ft 6in Box (w/ OEM tonneau track) by Agricover IMG_3003

Rivian R1T R1S 22-ON Rivian R1T 4ft 6in Box (w/ OEM tonneau track) by Agricover IMG_3002

Rivian R1T R1S 22-ON Rivian R1T 4ft 6in Box (w/ OEM tonneau track) by Agricover IMG_3001

Rivian R1T R1S 22-ON Rivian R1T 4ft 6in Box (w/ OEM tonneau track) by Agricover IMG_3004

Rivian R1T R1S 22-ON Rivian R1T 4ft 6in Box (w/ OEM tonneau track) by Agricover image

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1t
Occupation
Manager
Ordered the LoMax cover last Saturday and it came today with ALL parts. Very easy install, took about 15-20 minutes. Initial quality is very good. Only negative (if there has to be one) is the slight gap on the top of the tailgate, but overall very pleased with the quality and value of the cover.

IMG_3006.jpeg

IMG_3003.jpeg

IMG_3002.jpeg

IMG_3001.jpeg

View attachment 57869

IMG_3004.jpeg
something seems to be wrong with your install. Mine doesn't have a gap near the bed door.

Last edited:

Jlschoen

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and others less cool
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

something seems to be wrong with your install. Mine doesn't have a bag near the bed door.
Ok, thanks. Installer alignment error -now no tailgate gap.

Last edited:

inconceivable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Thanks for checking.
FYI: I have the 1EV roll up cover and it has a very similar track that causes the spare compartment hatch to hit it. I suspect it would be very similar to how this would work. I have been able to removed my spare tire without issue, so I think you’ll be good.

rjcrowder

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I purchased and installed (yesterday) the "Access" roll-up cover from Agricover. Uses the same mounting mechanism for the rails and everything fits and looks great. I don't have the cross bars so I couldn't tell you if it will roll up underneath them.

Agricover Access Original

Sponsored

vordo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Rav4 EV
Occupation
Film Music Editor
FYI: I have the 1EV roll up cover and it has a very similar track that causes the spare compartment hatch to hit it. I suspect it would be very similar to how this would work. I have been able to removed my spare tire without issue, so I think you’ll be good.
I thought the roll up has a thinner rail.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

The more I look at the Lomax, the more I like it.
It's looking unlikely I'll be able to get a power tonneau cover for my replacement truck, so this is likely the way I'll go. IMO, the Rivian manual tonneau is lame.

What I would REALLY like is a DiamondBack tonneau. I wonder if the Maverick version would fit the R1T.

Last edited:

inconceivable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I thought the roll up has a thinner rail.
Hard for me to say if it’s thinner or thicker then the Lomax, but it’s definitely thick enough to cause you not to be able to open the spare compartment. And since the rail sits at a similar height at the Lomax (right above the OEM tonneau track) I suspect getting the spare in/out will be a pretty similar experience. 🤷‍♂️

thealkemistik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Got the tonneau cover and installing it but running into an issue with this piece. For those who installed it, did you just remove this piece to make room for the cover to fit in?
Rivian R1T R1S 22-ON Rivian R1T 4ft 6in Box (w/ OEM tonneau track) by Agricover IMG_1549
Rivian R1T R1S 22-ON Rivian R1T 4ft 6in Box (w/ OEM tonneau track) by Agricover IMG_1550
Rivian R1T R1S 22-ON Rivian R1T 4ft 6in Box (w/ OEM tonneau track) by Agricover IMG_1547

Rainman

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Taycan
Got the tonneau cover and installing it but running into an issue with this piece. For those who installed it, did you just remove this piece to make room for the cover to fit in?
IMG_1549.jpeg
IMG_1550.jpeg
IMG_1547.jpeg
no, push it further forward until it locks in place.
Sponsored