Ow My Balls

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1991 Audi 200 20v Avant and 2016 VW Golf R
Clubs

Update is coming out. Cool features added with quick control icons which are pretty darn useful. The gear guard update just adds the late night stop motion video to the infotainment so you can watch it in the car on the main screen.

UPDATED WITH OFFICIAL INFO:

https://stories.rivian.com/software-update-2024-03-02

And a video demo:

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Snazzy Labs

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Genesis GV80, Coda EV
Occupation
YouTuber
I laughed when I saw people suggesting they’d merely added the YouTube video to the car as a feature because that would be absurd.

And yet that’s what they did. How about streaming service apps in addition to the single video? Haha

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

I think it makes sense why they haven’t enabled streaming services yet. They are currently paying for LTE. They’ll probably launch streaming services and start charging for LTE at the same time.

But yes, it’s weird that they released a single video to tease video streaming capabilities.

wski441

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S
Clubs

I think it makes sense why they haven’t enabled streaming services yet. They are currently paying for LTE. They’ll probably launch streaming services and start charging for LTE at the same time.

But yes, it’s weird that they released a single video to tease video streaming capabilities.
a single video that *all* rivians can play and they get all the telemetry data around... its a pretty sneaky way to validate and find performance holes

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
a single video that *all* rivians can play and they get all the telemetry data around... its a pretty sneaky way to validate and find performance holes
Sneaky like a fox...

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Can't wait for the car to stay up all night downloading prime video and watch it while it's parked in the driveway supposed to be sleeping. Some teenagers just ignore curfews.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I laughed when I saw people suggesting they’d merely added the YouTube video to the car as a feature because that would be absurd.

And yet that’s what they did. How about streaming service apps in addition to the single video? Haha
It’s a preview and teaser for what’s to come.

Sponsored

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

…update just adds the late night stop motion video to the infotainment so you can watch it in the car on the main screen.
That’s the new entertainment app that was due out last summer.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

Just watched Jose's video. He already has it and goes over what is looks like and can do

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
New Vehicle app looks to be a HUGE improvement, wow. Aligned to the left side, and you can have it automatically show up when the car is put in park? Fantastic!
Yeah it does look fantastic!

But, one last item I'd like to see for quick access (and on the "1st page" of that screen) is "Wiper Service Mode" - up here, that is synonymous with "we expect snow/ice". Many folks lift their wiper blades off the windshield to avoid them freezing/building up ice. I'd love a way to do this quickly without diving into menus. It is slightly faster on my R1T than on my Model 3... but adding it to this menu would be the best way to go. Plenty of space to put the icon right on the windshield.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird