First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Just noticed in the shop that it appears the max pack for 2023 R1Ts only have a $9,100 add instead of the full $19,100 add. Seems like a decent deal for those looking for max range. For example, silver R1T, dual motor, max pack, with powered tonneau is $79k and eligible for tax credit.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

That should help move them. Much more reasonable upgrade charge for the added range.

Looks like 2023 R1T Large pack prices are reduced to $3100.

MadMax

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY, Mercedes GL450
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I just noticed this same thing yesterday. I've been a LONG time pre-order holder holding out for the max pack and was then underwhelmed when they finally released it. I've been on the fence ever since trying to decide if the marginal benefit of the max pack was really worth the extra cost. Then, yesterday when checking R1 shop inventory options, I noticed a big price difference between 2023 and 2024 vehicles. I just called customer service this morning and confirmed that it's actually a discount on all 2023 vehicles with battery sizes above standard that they have in inventory, I'm pretty sure it's not just max packs. All 2024 vehicles still have the same old pricing tiers as battery size increases, but battery pricing tiers on 2023 vehicles all appear to be $10,000 lower.

Unfortunately it looks like they're only offering the free stealth PPF in April on 2024 vehicles, which makes sense in offering an incentive to move their still higher-priced models.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My name is Mike, and I have a (car) problem
There are some really good deals in the shop. It’s tempting to move to a Max Pack, Perf DM, especially at those lease rates.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

There are some really good deals in the shop. It’s tempting to move to a Max Pack, Perf DM, especially at those lease rates.
I was thinking the same thing but seems they are also including the power tonneau cover in these trucks at no charge. At least I couldn't find one with the RUS and no Tonneau and this pricing.

Shame, maybe I could convince them to remove it 🤔

Sponsored

MadMax

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY, Mercedes GL450
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I was thinking the same thing but seems they are also including the power tonneau cover in these trucks at no charge. At least I couldn't find one with the RUS and no Tonneau and this pricing.

That seems to be the case. On all of the 2023 vehicles I see when I apply the power tonneau filter, it says it's included at no extra cost. Although, customer service also explained to me when I called that many of these vehicles don't actually have it installed yet, and that if you purchase one that has it included in the price but where's it not yet installed, you will receive a retrofit install after delivery.

Why do you not want the power tonneau cover? I was always of the opinion that I could live without it if I had to pay a couple thousand $ up-charge for it, but when they dropped the price to $500 on existing inventory (and now apparently $0 on 2023 inventory), I thought, "Why the hell not?"

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

That seems to be the case. On all of the 2023 vehicles I see when I apply the power tonneau filter, it says it's included at no extra cost. Although, customer service also explained to me when I called that many of these vehicles don't actually have it installed yet, and that if you purchase one that has it included in the price but where's it not yet installed, you will receive a retrofit install after delivery.

Why do you not want the power tonneau cover? I was always of the opinion that I could live without it if I had to pay a couple thousand $ up-charge for it, but when they dropped the price to $500 on existing inventory (and now apparently $0 on 2023 inventory), I thought, "Why the hell not?"
I have the PTC on my current truck, the OG version and it still works but majority of the time I have my camper shell on so I can't use it. For my use case it's just added weight.

For the rest of you it's a great deal.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Sooo tempting...but refresh is sooo s00n.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My name is Mike, and I have a (car) problem

Don’t worry, it’ll break soon enough on its own and you can use the slats for roofing material.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Don’t worry, it’ll break soon enough on its own and you can use the slats for roofing material.
My OG's still working since 2022 with a little dry lube and a little luck. I have more faith in Rivian🤞

Sponsored

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

Just noticed in the shop that it appears the max pack for 2023 R1Ts only have a $9,100 add instead of the full $19,100 add. Seems like a decent deal for those looking for max range. For example, silver R1T, dual motor, max pack, with powered tonneau is $79k and eligible for tax credit.
So something slightly less insane...?

rbrak29

First Name
Rolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Get it or wait for refresh??????

Dirtman16

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Get it or wait for refresh??????
The existing version is so good. If the savings is important to you...I wouldn't hesitate. There will always be something new on the horizon.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

not seeing the price difference in the Shop on the max pack for R1T. here in PNW. maybe its region specific.

Eric9610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Tesla MY, MB E350, MB S550
Clubs

I have seen several of the test cars around and I think a lot of people will be disappointed for waiting. The only thing that would be an improvement to jump at is 800v architecture and faster on-board charger. I don't hank any of this makes it in a cost out improvement.
Sponsored