Sponsored

2022.47.0 software update installed w/ SNOW MODE!

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

anyone having issues with the truck not turning off after the update? There's another member that posted in a separate thread, so I'm not alone at least.

Getting excessive Accessory Power consumption while charging.

Overnight I had +13 kWh / 0 kWh temp control / 4.5 kWh Accessory Power

Vehicle locked, in a garage, gear guard off, nothing on the seats, no seatbelts buckled, no phone proximity(even turned off bluetooth just in case), reclosed all doors and frunk, climate off, radio off, I've never turned on the 120v outlets, fob in a metal box.

Something (a fan of some sorts) is running continuously unless I unplug and lock the truck.

Anyone got any ideas? I haven't tried a full reset yet, just an infotainment. I have a work lunch and I'll try the reset after lunch.
Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
After reading all of the potential issues with this I am thinking about waiting for a later update before I install. Has anyone had a XXXX-.2 available and waited for a .3 to install?

hungrycaterpillar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
As the P-touch'd saying above our Supply Shop says, "PISS POOR PLANNING ON YOUR PART IS NOT AN EMERGENCY ON OUR PART."
I learned it proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

More error messages popping up since I installed the update. Now it is telling me the regen is reduced due to high battery charge. Battery is at 73%. Sent the images and video to customer service. Asked if they can request a software rollback. They are telling me the engineers are investigating the issue now.
1DAC904B-025B-4A08-826A-076FA66C2CEB.jpeg
What was your max charge at the time? If 70 that would trigger the message since you're already "overcharged".
I wish....lol but I didn't have to wait too long for the update. Rolling phases I suppose. My hubby says why rolling phases for the update when they only have roughly 14k of cars out there compared to Tesla. who knows.....
Because if there are problems they'd rather it be in 10% of vehicles rather than 100%.

Any updates on a dashcam? That's my #1, 2, and 3 wishlist item.

Last edited:

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired

What was your max charge at the time? If 70 that would trigger the message since you're already "overcharged".

Because if there are problems they'd rather it be in 10% off cats rather than 100%.

Those poor cats 🐈

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I think a great easter egg would be if Gear Guard Garry recorded Santa creeping around your vehicle on Xmas eve.. :CWL:

Sponsored

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition

Because if there are problems they'd rather it be in 10% of vehicles rather than 100%.

Max charge was set to 85%. I even changed it to 100% while the battery was at 71% but I was still receiving the message along with reduced regen.

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

Max charge was set to 85%. I even changed it to 100% while the battery was at 71% but I was still receiving the message along with reduced regen.
I've gotten that warning even before this latest update. It goes away from your notification once your drive away and then park. I didn't noticed any reduced regen at all. The bottom bar for the regen where u see the slashes will start to get smaller in time as u drive along. My SOC usually starts around 80-85% when i first drive it for the day.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

anyone having issues with the truck not turning off after the update? There's another member that posted in a separate thread, so I'm not alone at least.

Getting excessive Accessory Power consumption while charging.

Overnight I had +13 kWh / 0 kWh temp control / 4.5 kWh Accessory Power

Vehicle locked, in a garage, gear guard off, nothing on the seats, no seatbelts buckled, no phone proximity(even turned off bluetooth just in case), reclosed all doors and frunk, climate off, radio off, I've never turned on the 120v outlets, fob in a metal box.

Something (a fan of some sorts) is running continuously unless I unplug and lock the truck.

Anyone got any ideas? I haven't tried a full reset yet, just an infotainment. I have a work lunch and I'll try the reset after lunch.
I think letting it sleep over lunch may have corrected the issue. I'll test charging overnight. But after lunch, leaving it unlocked, i came back in 10 min and it was all quiet.

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
My truck broke trying to update to this version. lol. SC is trying to remotely troubleshoot but so far it hasn't been fixed. My update failed to install overnight, and then in the morning, I'm still on the old version but with a slew of errors/warnings on every door/hatch/sensor it seems:
Rivian R1T R1S 2022.47.0 software update installed w/ SNOW MODE! 6287E9BA-6DF3-4EE0-9257-5C5156DF74A9

FNWY2004

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 04 Porsche 911 GT3
Occupation
Real Estate
First day on the new update.

A couple things I noticed so far with the update is that in conserve mode I’m having some turning issues. Turning corners at intersection from a stop or low speed, after accelerating moderately, the truck immediately grabs and darts at almost a 90 degree right or left angle. It’s almost as if the inside motor is pulling way too fast and causing the truck to pull at an abrupt angle instead of a gradual arching motion while turning. It’s forcing me to have to correct in the opposite direction to get back into my intended track. Never noticed this before. Also noticed slippage in conserve mode on dirt covered or dry one side/wet other side paved roads. I haven’t changed the way I drive at all. Something changed, and feels as if there’s an increase in power/torque delivered to the front motors through-ought the throttle range. Didn’t notice it in sport or all purpose, only conserve.

Who knows, it might just be me and I need to ease up on the accelerator in conserve mode more/relearn how to drive with the new update.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Roads are a bit covered and windy today. Probably some glare ice involved. Launch for all-purpose felt like there was a little more traction available but it also sent the truck quite a bit more sideways before really getting going. Snow mode is a lot more aggressive about keeping traction control under control while still adding power in continuously, as you can tell by the acceleration curve. I'm pretty impressed by it, great job Rivian.

with snow mode
Rivian R1T R1S 2022.47.0 software update installed w/ SNOW MODE! 1671800272925

With All Purpose.

Rivian R1T R1S 2022.47.0 software update installed w/ SNOW MODE! 1671800312394

IThinkFreely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Bronco Badlands
This update has totally messed up phone key connection.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

This update has totally messed up phone key connection.
Whenever that happens, I restart bluetooth on my phone, do a search and click to pair on all four "Rivian Sensor #" IDs and it seems to fix it. Pixel 7 here.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I just did a bunch of snow covered road testing (and -8degf). Snow mode works exceptionally well (and for my purposes...eliminates the snow tire need...with 20's) and the heater(garage is 5 degf...i did preheat)works great too. Only thing I would change is adding more elements to the steering wheel heater, if I am being picky.

Would snow tires be better...yes. Always. I used to put them on seasonally on sport sedans before i was able to separate my sports car from my daily. And they made those sedans perform like tanks. Plus that let me run extreme summer rubber for 3 seasons. But with a truck with all terrain tires and now this snow mode....midwest winters will be just fine without them.

Last edited:

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 2002 Ford
Occupation
Business Owner
Has anyone gotten the new system update and then underneath it says "paused"? Then below all that it says on the screen current system version 2022.43.02. I am currently working with Rivian SC on it.
Sponsored