Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Definitely need some longer side plates for the Rivian to be able to get more insertion, but it's totally serviceable the way it is with the longer 2" receiver. Based on where the taillights are, I won't even need lights on the rack when there aren't bikes on it.

Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars 1649528874072

Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars 1649528883175
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Oh, and if anyone here lives in the Salt Belt and has a 1up rack, this is what my stuck hitch piece looked like after I finally freed it from the receiver I had on the Bolt (after I tried my best to clean it up). I literally just left it in the hitch all the time and it ended up extremely stuck after a couple seasons. It's messy, but I'm going to slather it in antiseize if I end up leaving it in.

Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars 1649529815752

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

This looks like a pretty nice tailgate solution.
This is exactly what I need! I hate using the hitch mount system for a solo ride and the beep beep beep during reverse drives me crazy, plus leaving the rack in blocks the view of the Rivian logo on the tailgate ;)...........I have the 1 Up and the Thule hitch racks....and looked at Quikr (wait forever)..........The Thule is also friendly to my Orbea 42lb eBike.....

I was disappointed to find out that the Rivian (Yakima) bike mounts wouldn't work with any modern MTB (especially slack geometry).....One Up is promising for top of bed mount....aftermarket community will be aggressive for this truck...(time to ride)

Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars IMG_20220401_114228

Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars IMG_20220401_114238

Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars IMG_20220401_114249

Last edited:

Delusions of Adequacy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GX460, Rivian R1T
I’ll probably need a longer locking pin then, too. Would you please share details with me, so I can do the same thing? Simply ask 1UP for a longer locking pin?
I don't know how much help this will be for you Brent but I did receive the new locking pin from 1up today - a bit long but I ended up putting electrical tape wrap around one side to snug it up - I would think 3.5" would be perfect if anyone makes that?
A couple pics: 1st one, the pin lock on the right is what I had used for years but is to short for the Rivian & on the left is the one I received today & will use for now.
Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars PXL_20220410_153739944
Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars PXL_20220410_155712874.MP (1)

Delusions of Adequacy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GX460, Rivian R1T
Not a 1up rack product but I did end up installing a couple Thule TopRide fork mount racks on our Rivian crossbars. I went with these as they are a breeze to install / take off. Much like our crossbars no tools are needed. I think I can have the crossbars and racks on & off in under 5 minutes.
Not the most secure as far as locking the bike but I do like the fact that I can mount just about any thru-axel bike FAST. When its just me I'll probably stick with the hitch mount 1up but I ride with a couple other guys a few times a month and this will be a good option to have.

Will it fit in the garage?
Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars PXL_20220410_221918890.MP

Not a problem - as long as I remember to use the dropper...
Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars PXL_20220410_222351695

Sponsored

diz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Not a 1up rack product but I did end up installing a couple Thule TopRide fork mount racks on our Rivian crossbars. I went with these as they are a breeze to install / take off. Much like our crossbars no tools are needed. I think I can have the crossbars and racks on & off in under 5 minutes.
Not the most secure as far as locking the bike but I do like the fact that I can mount just about any thru-axel bike FAST. When its just me I'll probably stick with the hitch mount 1up but I ride with a couple other guys a few times a month and this will be a good option to have.

Will it fit in the garage?
PXL_20220410_221918890.MP.jpg

Not a problem - as long as I remember to use the dropper...
PXL_20220410_222351695.jpg
That’s what we like to see!

I was just about to ask if anyone was doing a fork mounted setup. Glad to know it is straight forward. It’s my preferred method.

Rivian635

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Acura MDX Hybrid, Honda CRV
Damn seeing that bike hang over the back makes you realize how short that bed really is.
Yes - R1T looks great in person, but when you see the bed the first time it is amazing just how small it is...

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars PXL_20220423_133729159

I was able to slide my tent over enough to fit a 1up on the crossbars too. I didn't tighten it down at all. Really only slid the tent over to improve access to the fridge I have in the bed.

Pcr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC sierra
Occupation
Retired
In-Bed Rivian Bike Rack. Works with tailgate down. And also with tailgate up. The back wheel of the bike sits perfectly on top of tailgate. Pros and cons of course, but works great and easily tilts up to allow spare tire cover to raise. Just thought I'd add it to a bike rack thread.
Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars 20220430_093150
Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars 20220430_093028

Sponsored

Lsthrz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla S, 2012 LR4
Occupation
Geologist
In-Bed Rivian Bike Rack. Works with tailgate down. And also with tailgate up. The back wheel of the bike sits perfectly on top of tailgate. Pros and cons of course, but works great and easily tilts up to allow spare tire cover to raise. Just thought I'd add it to a bike rack thread.
20220430_093150.jpg
20220430_093028.jpg
Is it easy to take in and out when not needed?

Pcr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC sierra
Occupation
Retired
Very. The 1st one I ever made for my truck bed was wood, which wasn't very smart...too heavy. Since then, whenever I traded in a truck and the bed size differed, I would make a new one out of PVC pipe. On this one, I shaved off the front of it that goes up against the front of the bed, to allow the tie down handle on each side of the truck bed to flip up and bungy the top of the rack to the anchor. If wanting to remove it, you just lift up the back of the rack to 90 degrees, and slide it out over the wheel wells. You'll notice the back of the rack is not as wide as the front. That allows you to put it in and take it out.

Pcr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC sierra
Occupation
Retired
Very. The 1st one I ever made for my truck bed was wood, which wasn't very smart...too heavy. Since then, whenever I traded in a truck and the bed size differed, I would make a new one out of PVC pipe. On this one, I shaved off the front of it that goes up against the front of the bed, to allow the tie down handle on each side of the truck bed to flip up and bungy the top of the rack to the anchor. If wanting to remove it, you just lift up the back of the rack to 90 degrees, and slide it out over the wheel wells. You'll notice the back of the rack is not as wide as the front. That allows you to put it in and take it out.
What also works so well using PVC pipe, is being able to adjust the width of each side. My bike tire is wider than my girlfriends bike tire. So on her side, I cut PVC pipe and snap an extra one (or more) over the first pipe, to create a smaller width. You will see this in the middle of the rack (front to back), where the bottom of the tire hits the piping. And on the front and back of the rack where the top front and top back of the tire hits, creating a solid hold. But I still bungy the handle bars down to the top of the tire rack, when traveling.

Gassious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Mercedes Benz GL550
Clubs

Is there any concern using the T-slot for bike/ski mounts? The black slot/channel appears to be plastic. Could it break or crack over time especially with the force applied to it when a bike is roof mounted as would be the case with a R1S?

Has Rivian designed the slots specifically for T-slot mounts?

I have Thule T-slot bike mounts that I would like to use rather than the Yakimas that Rivian sells.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Is there any concern using the T-slot for bike/ski mounts? The black slot/channel appears to be plastic. Could it break or crack over time especially with the force applied to it when a bike is roof mounted as would be the case with a R1S?

Has Rivian designed the slots specifically for T-slot mounts?

I have Thule T-slot bike mounts that I would like to use rather than the Yakimas that Rivian sells.
I it's actually coated aluminum, continuous with the rest of the bar.

Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars PXL_20220521_184645573
Sponsored