Gassious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Mercedes Benz GL550
Clubs

I it's actually coated aluminum, continuous with the rest of the bar.

PXL_20220521_184645573.jpg
Wow! I actually didn't expect that it would be one piece and painted.

It looks like it was engineered specifically for T-slot mounts. I wonder why Rivian even went with the Yakima HighRoads with the strap mounts as standard instead of selling the HighRoads with the T-slot. The T-slots make it a much cleaner looking install.
Sponsored

el_scorcho

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I have my Rivian and have a 4-bike Equip-D on order. Iā€™ll post pics when I get the hitch rack from 1up.
Just got my R1T and wanted to ask if you had any trouble with the fact the hitch receiver is recessed? I can just barely get my 1up in enough to tighten the security bolt, and even then I am unable to access the slot the the hitch lock goes in.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Just got my R1T and wanted to ask if you had any trouble with the fact the hitch receiver is recessed? I can just barely get my 1up in enough to tighten the security bolt, and even then I am unable to access the slot the the hitch lock goes in.
Can't use the hitch lock with it unfortunately. It's why I was thinking of having longer side plates made. But I haven't gone that route yet, just been putting my bikes on the roof.

el_scorcho

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Can't use the hitch lock with it unfortunately. It's why I was thinking of having longer side plates made. But I haven't gone that route yet, just been putting my bikes on the roof.
Bummer, lock canā€™t be used, even with a hitch extender?

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sponsored

Freshturk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Finally got my 1up crossbar mount installed and Iā€™m really thrilled with it as itā€™s pretty much the only option for those with wheelbases over 48ā€. The beauty of the 1up is it doesnā€™t require you to center over the crossbars. With this you can mount the rack with rear bias to accommodate longer bikes. Wheelbase on this bike is 49.5ā€ and Iā€™ve got about 3ā€ of clearance behind the aero thing above the back window and I could offset the rack even more if I decided to(currently have the end of the rack flush with the bumper as to avoid any OOOPS when lowering the garage door). Iā€™m loading the bike by not opening the forward mount all the way but limiting it to a point that I can load from the rear and still not touch the aero thing.

Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars D23A7C0D-0BA7-4F9B-B366-42DF1804AF55

Last edited:

Lsthrz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla S, 2012 LR4
Occupation
Geologist
Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars 674D29F3-6B1C-498B-A453-0F8CCDE199DD

I really like the 1UP option, but have been happy in the meantime with this fix. No 4x4 rock crawling but very stable so far.

Rivian635

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Acura MDX Hybrid, Honda CRV
674D29F3-6B1C-498B-A453-0F8CCDE199DD.jpeg

I really like the 1UP option, but have been happy in the meantime with this fix. No 4x4 rock crawling but very stable so far.
This is exactly what I am hoping to do for quick trips to the local trails... Cant tell from the pic - about how much room is there behind the bach tire of the bike and the bed wall (bheind the cab)??

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I use the Equip D from OneUP and unfortunately the recess of the factory hitch doesn't allow for the hitch pin to go through, so the cinch bolt is the only thing holding your bike(s) in the receiver and because of that I carry the OneUP allen set in my gear tunnel and tighten before and after every ride.......I do believe there is enough metal to drill for a hitch pin, but it's close. As it sits now I have the OneUP less than 1/2" from my tailgate in the up position......

el_scorcho

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I use the Equip D from OneUP and unfortunately the recess of the factory hitch doesn't allow for the hitch pin to go through, so the cinch bolt is the only thing holding your bike(s) in the receiver and because of that I carry the OneUP allen set in my gear tunnel and tighten before and after every ride.......I do believe there is enough metal to drill for a hitch pin, but it's close. As it sits now I have the OneUP less than 1/2" from my tailgate in the up position......
Yeah same issue for me. I ended up getting a 7ā€ hitch extender and itā€™s working well now. A bit wobbly though. Might get some shims but I doesnā€™t seem bad while driving. Only remaining issue is iā€™ll need to hitch locks to be truly secure.

Sponsored

el_scorcho

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Finally got my 1up crossbar mount installed and Iā€™m really thrilled with it as itā€™s pretty much the only option for those with wheelbases over 48ā€. The beauty of the 1up is it doesnā€™t require you to center over the crossbars. With this you can mount the rack with rear bias to accommodate longer bikes. Wheelbase on this bike is 49.5ā€ and Iā€™ve got about 3ā€ of clearance behind the aero thing above the back window and I could offset the rack even more if I decided to(currently have the end of the rack flush with the bumper as to avoid any OOOPS when lowering the garage door). Iā€™m loading the bike by not opening the forward mount all the way but limiting it to a point that I can load from the rear and still not touch the aero thing.

D23A7C0D-0BA7-4F9B-B366-42DF1804AF55.jpeg
How is this setup working out for you? I have an XL MTB and just unsure if it will hang too far off the back... and those are the flush mounts, correct?

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Is there any concern using the T-slot for bike/ski mounts? The black slot/channel appears to be plastic. Could it break or crack over time especially with the force applied to it when a bike is roof mounted as would be the case with a R1S?

Has Rivian designed the slots specifically for T-slot mounts?

I have Thule T-slot bike mounts that I would like to use rather than the Yakimas that Rivian sells.
I know others have addressed the "plastic" concern. I'll just add that I hang my RTT from my garage ceiling by four eyelets secured exclusively in the t-slot - so each of them has about 50 pounds of continuous pressure pulling upwards when it's in storage. I think that's more or less a torture test for the t-slot and they don't show any sign of wear or deformation.

I sure hope they're up to it, since it's hanging directly over my Tesla's windshield šŸ˜… I'll let you know if it fails!

Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars 1660156688273

Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars 1660156677452

el_scorcho

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I know others have addressed the "plastic" concern. I'll just add that I hang my RTT from my garage ceiling by four eyelets secured exclusively in the t-slot - so each of them has about 50 pounds of continuous pressure pulling upwards when it's in storage. I think that's more or less a torture test for the t-slot and they don't show any sign of wear or deformation.

I sure hope they're up to it, since it's hanging directly over my Tesla's windshield šŸ˜… I'll let you know if it fails!

1660156688273.png

1660156677452.png
seems fine. šŸ˜¬

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
How is this setup working out for you? I have an XL MTB and just unsure if it will hang too far off the back... and those are the flush mounts, correct?
Not OP but I have the same setup with two bikes (XL 29ers) and it's working great. The bikes do hang out over the back a little bit but it's not an issue.

Only one pictured here but it's a great way to carry bikes without stretching the footprint of the truck:
Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars 1660156885778

el_scorcho

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Not OP but I have the same setup with two bikes (XL 29ers) and it's working great. The bikes do hang out over the back a little bit but it's not an issue.

Only one pictured here but it's a great way to carry bikes without stretching the footprint of the truck:
1660156885778.png
very cool. Thanks! I do have the 1UP hitch racks, but the hitch extender I had to get makes it more wobbly, and backup cameras/sensors go nuts, so I wanted to try the bed rack option. I would guess the hitch rack is better for range, but not positive about that.
Sponsored