First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S and Mercedes 450GLS
Occupation
Airline Operations
Thanks for the charts. I am betting that this number is rapidly diminishing as the first round of "Will you take BM over OC" that happened in Mid March my guide said she had a 50% hit ratio on takers converting to BM from OC. That would reduce this to about 12% left of all OC Launch Green reservation holders. With last night's news, i'd say this drops at least in half again, if not more. Thinking at the end of the day those that stick with Launch Green and OC will be a true minority, whereas they originally would have made up nearly a quarter of all Launch Green R1T's. This is something for me to consider as the original percentage shows that there would potentially be at least 24% of all future buyers on resale years down the road who may prefer the OC interior. Time will tell. For now, still struggling with the potential to switch. Guide informed me the Camp Kitchen and Tents are due late this year, not 2023 as i read in another post. However, with anything, that's subject to slipping. So it's either wait until Fall (meaning more like November) for OC and hope the Camp Kitchen and Tent is available to come all at once.
I agree... I'm a Dec 3rd 2018 R1T res holder, with Ocean Coast and an alleged Mar-Apr delivery window...a guide, a signed PBA, and multiple assurances for the last two months that my delivery was "on track"... but I switched to Forest Edge last week, based on the rumors and the dreadful suspicion about OC that proved to be true.

As an aside I did have the exact Midnight Black R1T at my house, with the Forst Edge interior for my 1st-mile drive...and have to admit it was beautiful... but it was not what I had originally chose.

I just cant wait six more months for OC, which could turn into nine or 12+ based on Rivians tack record. The only Rivian has been consistent with is failing to meet their own estimates....and not by a little...by a lot.
Sponsored

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

It looks amazing. If I wasn't dead-set on RB/OC I'd definitely consider it.
Yep, CY and FE are great. It’s a config they’ve had at events. Rivian employees told me it was their fav.

Very much colors of nature that work well together.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

It looks amazing. If I wasn't dead-set on RB/OC I'd definitely consider it.
Same, but LG+FE. If I didn't have LG as an option I'd be CY+FE. Really contemplating joining team yellow still.

Looks amazing.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Have you heard anything in regards to a service center in Hawaii yet?
Not a thing, but I assume it'll be somewhere on Oahu.

Whenever my 8/2020 preorder scheduled for Phoenix delivery arrives, I have thought about putting it on a Matson ship to Kona, but I'm not crazy about doing that if no service is available.

Sponsored

JOSH565

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 BMW 550i/ 97 Land Rover Range Rover/ 21 MachE
Occupation
Maintenance
Clubs

Not a thing, but I assume it'll be somewhere on Oahu.

Whenever my 8/2020 preorder scheduled for Phoenix delivery arrives, I have thought about putting it on a Matson ship to Kona, but I'm not crazy about doing that if no service is available.
Let me know if you do. My dad is on the big island, I may have to visit and check out your truck.

Pendarin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2020 Zero SR/S
I believe your sentiment here is not the issue at hand. This is not a Karen throwing a tantrum because the nightly special is sold out at a favorite restaurant.
There are several issues at hand here, many have been discussed. Don't marginalize my point and focus on just one of them.

I don't get why Rivian had OC pre-orders sign PBAs. That bit makes no sense to me unless they actually did produce some OC vehicles and those are the ones who are getting PBAs. (I don't think we really know that yet.)

But I do kinda get why people were told one thing Monday morning and another Monday evening. Rivian needs to convey a united front, something they've been terrible at so far. Why, one might ask? Because not doing so fuels this uncertainty, confusion, speculation, and dissapointment. In my mind, the ones who screwed up here were the guides that let some of their folks know about the OC delay ahead of Monday. But I don't blame them--they're doing what they are expected to do: form a relationship with their customer and help them, and they're doing so with the information they have. What should have happened is all of this kept held close to the chest until they were ready to communicate it, which they finally did yesterday. Rivian hasn't yet learned that they have to control the narrative. To do so, it means keeping folks in the dark until you can communicate clearly and consistently with the message you really intend on conveying. That can take time, and meanwhile customers will be in the dark; but it's by necessity of avoiding confusion and frustration.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I find the comms to be completely flippant, which pisses me off more than anything.

One sentence in a generic email sent to everyone turned “you’re getting your truck in a few weeks!” to “haha, j/k, it’s yet another six month delay (but why would you trust ANY timeline we give you at this point?)”

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain
I can see how batching makes production more efficient but the supply shortage of certain parts which limited them to 25k this year still exists so they will hit that limit sooner. Unless they know they are likely to exceed the 15k R1 estimate.
I agree 100% produce your LE because you have the parts! End of story.

Sponsored

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain
From the beginning of all this I have professed that the delivery schedule should ONLY be based on your order date…period. Just not fair but they have not asked my opinion. Why should someone that orders one year after someone else, get their vehicle sooner? Should you be able to board an airplane flight earlier because you wore black pants that day? Frustrated in Hermosa Beach. JB
I will wear black pants if I get my truck earlier lol 👖🥴

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain
I have OC R1S and signed to PBA over a week ago... I wonder what that means?
It means you won't get a truck in my opinion. I hope you do get it though!

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Come on! It's ALL very simple. There's a clear message from Rivian here people: "Stay between the lines" or "No R1 for you!"

Want one? Then RB/LG, LE/Adventure, 20" wheels, Black Mountain. Deviate at your own risk. 😜

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Come on! It's ALL very simple. There's a clear message from Rivian here people: "Stay between the lines" or "No R1 for you!"

Want one? Then RB/LG, LE/Adventure, 20" wheels, Black Mountain. Deviate at your own risk. 😜
Your location and build date still need to be factored in. Switching to the ideal configuration may not help all that much. At some point in the near term ideal configuration will change and if you don’t have your R1 by then; well you are SOL.
Sponsored