First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
2 more weeks left in May. Still no new delivery windows or being contacted about what options you are flexible on. Wonder if they'll make it.
Just like last year they’ll give us a Memorial Day weekend update… 🙁
Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
2 more weeks left in May. Still no new delivery windows or being contacted about what options you are flexible on. Wonder if they'll make it.
I'm not predicting who will be in which window, but here is my prediction for what the official windows will be:

• Window #1: Jun-Dec, 2022
  • Window #2: 1H 2023
  • Window #3: 2H 2023
  • Window #4: Sometime in 2024
This would suck, but I think Rivian is going to use a very different method than the one they used when creating the windows they sent us last December. The new method for the windows will optimize for delivering the MOST R1 vehicles.

I think batching and delivery location will weigh more heavily than the past. We're already seeing this is all the recent deliveries in the old Oct-Dec delivery window.

To maximize R1 deliveries in 2022, Rivian will need to pay less attention to preorder date. Again, that would suck, but Rivian is under tremendous pressure to hit their overall 25k delivery numbers.

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
I'd like to have my R1T sooner, I just don't know how that is going to happen with procurement issues happening not only in the auto industry but in the construction industry (like I am.) It adds a critical new layer trying to obtain products well in advance then store them to add to the build later.

H@ll Shanghai is in lockdown now and causing more product issues all over the place.

I just don't see production dramatically improving. It will be incremental for the next year or so.

With gas so expensive $$ and after seeing an R1T up close yesterday, it makes me want my truck even more. Just have to be patient, and hope that all the smaller issues get sorted out by the time I take delivery of mine.
Sponsored