Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Maybe Im a bit dense but I definately didn't pick up on this in the email. I spoke to CSS today and they informed me that as a reservation holder with a 2022 delivery window, that I will be contacted by a guide by the end of May. The relevant passage in the email is:

" For preorder holders with a delivery window in 2022, we will be reaching out in late May to gauge your preferences and help further inform our build combinations. If you’re flexible on certain options, you may be able to take delivery sooner. If you love your original configuration and prefer to stick with it, then no action is required on your part — we’ll simply continue to update you on your estimated delivery timing. "

The guide is supposed to sort of have an introductory conversation with you about your configured options what will potentially help things along, and what will slow them down. Maybe I'm giving CSS too much credit here, but I'm 50% giddy and 50% skeptical upon learning this. Seems like its news, if they're really promising guide interactions to all 2022 delivery window holders by the end of May.
Many of us have delivery windows that open, or even close, before then. So telling us that we’ll hear more in May doesn’t indicate things are on track. Especially if they haven’t shipped a single vehicle in our config yet.
Sponsored

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Many of us have delivery windows that open, or even close, before then. So telling us that we’ll hear more in May doesn’t indicate things are on track. Especially if they haven’t shipped a single vehicle in our config yet.
This is exactly it for me. I get why someone in late 2022 could be excited about this statement, but as someone whose window ends in 3 days that would be happy to change to whatever configuration gets me a truck, hearing more in late May doesn't exactly thrill me.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I have no issues with Rivian’s ramp and supply problems leading to an inability to deliver certain configurations. That’s not really a big deal.

But the fact that they are delivering basic Black mountain interior adventure builds to people who only ordered a year ago while some of you guys who ordered in 2019 haven’t gotten calls is really disheartening.

I’m not expecting my truck until my delivery window, but that doesn’t mean seeing people with the same build who ordered in 2021 get a truck doesn’t still sting.

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
I suspect this will be like the pricing fiasco. After pricing was rolled back, they sent out a mass email to customers telling them they'd see revised pricing in the coming weeks. Meanwhile, those waiting for imminent delivery were contacted with their pricing adjusted on an individual basis as needed. Those that are supposed to have delivery soon will still likely get delivery, assuming they change to a desired configuration. I'm not defending the actions, I'm just saying they have a track record of sending out a mass email to all, even if it doesn't apply to some of those customers.

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I suspect this will be like the pricing fiasco. After pricing was rolled back, they sent out a mass email to customers telling them they'd see revised pricing in the coming weeks. Meanwhile, those waiting for imminent delivery were contacted with their pricing adjusted on an individual basis as needed. Those that are supposed to have delivery soon will still likely get delivery, assuming they change to a desired configuration. I'm not defending the actions, I'm just saying they have a track record of sending out a mass email to all, even if it doesn't apply to some of those customers.
I hope you're right, but the fall non-deliveries (remember guides not admitting that they were going to miss October delivery deadlines until it was November?) point to Rivian never ever fessing up to delays until way after timing issues are obvious to all.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Seems like its news, if they're really promising guide interactions to all 2022 delivery window holders by the end of May.
I wouldn't count on it 100% - they could get away with sending an email at the end of May to all 2022 customers outlining precisely what the variables will be (e.g. we're focusing on building trucks with the off-road package in June/July, or we are out of the 20" darks, or we are only producing trucks in three colors) and request that you "sit tight" until a guide contacts you to discuss options.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Maybe Im a bit dense but I definately didn't pick up on this in the email. I spoke to CSS today and they informed me that as a reservation holder with a 2022 delivery window, that I will be contacted by a guide by the end of May. The relevant passage in the email is:

" For preorder holders with a delivery window in 2022, we will be reaching out in late May to gauge your preferences and help further inform our build combinations. If you’re flexible on certain options, you may be able to take delivery sooner. If you love your original configuration and prefer to stick with it, then no action is required on your part — we’ll simply continue to update you on your estimated delivery timing. "

The guide is supposed to sort of have an introductory conversation with you about your configured options what will potentially help things along, and what will slow them down. Maybe I'm giving CSS too much credit here, but I'm 50% giddy and 50% skeptical upon learning this. Seems like its news, if they're really promising guide interactions to all 2022 delivery window holders by the end of May.
If that is the case, then I hope they are starting this process now, because its going to require a lot of work to contact everyone with a 2022 window by the end of May.

waitingforrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
The email said "we will be reaching out in late May", not by late May.

Based on that wording, I don't think it's a guide contact for everyone with 2022 delivery date because there's not enough time "in late May".

I assume it'll just be an email and maybe an expected delivery date on the configuration page.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

Based on that wording, I don't think it's a guide contact for everyone with 2022 delivery date because there's not enough time "in late May".

I assume it'll just be an email and maybe an expected delivery date on the configuration page.
Yes. Thanks for that. As I stated; CSS today said that it would be via a guide by the end of may for people with 2022 delivery windows.

…The purpose of my post was to point out the incongruity between the email and the css interaction.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T

“And here’s your Friday* Update from Tony…” 😂

*we never said every Friday!

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
Having early vin cars before, I am okay waiting. That said if I could choose to keep all OC interior but change the wood trim I would.

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
I have no issues with Rivian’s ramp and supply problems leading to an inability to deliver certain configurations. That’s not really a big deal.

But the fact that they are delivering basic Black mountain interior adventure builds to people who only ordered a year ago while some of you guys who ordered in 2019 haven’t gotten calls is really disheartening.

I’m not expecting my truck until my delivery window, but that doesn’t mean seeing people with the same build who ordered in 2021 get a truck doesn’t still sting.
Based on this post, you might be well before those of us with an R1S….

Rivian R1T R1S 📥 New Rivian email: production sequence adjustments to maximize production output in spite of supply challenge 2731B52F-900E-44B5-8A5B-D125F5982DCA

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Based on this post, you might be well before those of us with an R1S….

2731B52F-900E-44B5-8A5B-D125F5982DCA.jpeg
Maybe. I think it’s honestly so spread out some guides are being proactive and making matches in their region and others aren’t (who knows).

I just feel bad for all you R1S and early pre-order R1T people. It’s ridiculous that they can’t give you straight answers. By now they know what’s going on with the R1S and should be transparent. It’s not that many people they need to contact.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

No matter how you slice it only approximately 16%(correct config/location/pre order date) of the R1s 83k pre orders will actually be delivered in 2022!

15k R1s + 10k EDVs - 1325 undelivered R1s / 83k = 16.4%

The assumption is that all parts be available and not have repeating QC issues.

Poor communication is an annoying issue but it is NOT the real issue. The real issue is parts supply and the looming battery shortage. No batteries = no production. Rivian is small baby fish in a pond filled with mature huge fish = end of the line.
Sponsored

Last edited: