Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Based on this post, you might be well before those of us with an R1S….

2731B52F-900E-44B5-8A5B-D125F5982DCA.jpeg
How did this person get assigned a guide (at least 14 days before this post) for a July-Sept delivery window? Doesn’t make sense.
Sponsored

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
The guide is supposed to sort of have an introductory conversation with you about your configured options what will potentially help things along, and what will slow them down. Maybe I'm giving CSS too much credit here, but I'm 50% giddy and 50% skeptical upon learning this. Seems like its news, if they're really promising guide interactions to all 2022 delivery window holders by the end of May.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

So I'm a 11/27/18 preorder holder (Black Mountain to boot) and was contacted by Rivian January 10th regarding my Max Pack order(s) and asked if I would like to downgrade to get earlier delivery of my Adventure Spec R1T in 2022.

I told them, yes! Absolutely, get me a R1T! I'll take anything ASAP! The following week changes were made by Rivian to my configuration for my earliest R1T preorder (downgraded to a Large Pack, that's it) and now I haven't heard a damn thing since. Nothing! No one tells me anything and no one knows anything.

I've been waiting since 2018, I was #551 for orders world wide. Rivian called me to "expedite things" and I'm still completely clueless, and almost hopeless, as to when I'll potentially get my R1T.

Worst part is "this" wasn't a big deal, but now I have a 1 month old, Land Rover out of no where tells me they're buying back my 2020 lemon of a car that can't be fixed (which has been in another state for 14 months) and that my loaner car needs to be turned in immediately (which was 4 weeks ago).

So now I don't have my Rover, don't have my loaner Rover, don't have my R1T, have a new baby... Oh... And I drive 35-40k miles a year for work and don't have a car.

My only saving grace is my wife is on maternity leave and we're basically sharing her car. However I travel for work and am gone for days at a time, so again, this just sucks!

It's been a sub par experience pretty much the entire time, and keeps nose diving more (IPO, this, etc.). I mean all the events and Rivian rah rah rah meet and greets only go so far and now my displeasure is way beyond it.

I'm upset mainly because CS is useless/clueless yet so readily available to disappoint you each at every possible interaction? Did I mention I live 50 miles away from the plant in Illinois (in case anyone is wondering).

So much for a customer experience.

I will close with this... These are all first world problems 😂

Hopefully I hear something soon, but until then.

"Honey where's the damn car keys!"... Baby screaming in background 😑

Last edited:

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

So I'm a 11/27/18 preorder holder (Black Mountain to boot) and was contacted by Rivian January 10th regarding my Max Pack order(s) and asked if I would like to downgrade to get earlier delivery of my Adventure Spec R1T in 2022.

I told them, yes! Absolutely, get me a R1T! I'll take anything ASAP! The following week changes were made by Rivian to my configuration for my earliest R1T preorder (downgraded to a Large Pack, that's it) and now I haven't heard a damn thing since. Nothing! No one tells me anything and no one knows anything.

I've been waiting since 2018, I was #551 for orders world wide. Rivian called me to "expedite things" and I'm still completely clueless, and almost hopeless, as to when I'll potentially get my R1T.

Worst part is "this" wasn't a big deal, but now I have a 1 month old, Land Rover out of no where tells me they're buying back my 2020 lemon of a car that can't be fixed (which has been in another state for 14 months) and that my loaner car needs to be turned in immediately (which was 4 weeks ago).

So now I don't have my Rover, don't have my loaner Rover, don't have my R1T, have a new baby... Oh... And I drive 35-40k miles a year for work and don't have a car.

My only saving grace is my wife is on maternity leave and we're basically sharing her car. However I travel for work and am gone for days at a time, so again, this just sucks!

It's been a sub par experience pretty much the entire time, and keeps nose diving more (IPO, this, etc.). I mean all the events and Rivian rah rah rah meet and greets only go so far and now my displeasure is way beyond it.

I'm upset mainly because CS is useless/clueless yet so readily available to disappoint you each at every possible interaction? Did I mention I live 50 miles away from the plant in Illinois (in case anyone is wondering).

So much for a customer experience.

I will close with this... These are all first world problems 😂

Hopefully I hear something soon, but until then.

"Honey where's the damn car keys!"... Baby screaming in background 😑

I feel your pain ! My wife and I would kill each other if we had to share one vehicle :punch:, though I would be on the losing end, since I can work from home, while she has to drive to multiple locations for her job.

It's been very frustrating for me as well. We are both early preorders who live within an hour of the factory and have switched configurations to get what is available. We can save them money on shipping by picking up at the factory.

The only thing I can figure is our original configurations had us further down the line and while changing the configuration bumped us up, it's not like we are put at the front of the line. They have to fit the order into a process that is in a constant state of change, balancing orders with available materials and available staff at the service locations.

I know the Chicago service center is just now coming online. I wonder if that plays into it ? Based on mileage, I'm in between Normal and Chicago, but it takes less time to drive to Normal without the traffic delays.

rivianbuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 RANGE ROVER SUPERCHARGED
Occupation
DRINK MAKER
As an Ocean Coast interior orderer, I am choosing to try and find the positive to all the delays... think about this... my Rivian truck that Rivian is going to sell me for $73k is likely worth $90-100k today. At the rate of inflation at 10%+, if I get the truck in 2023... now the truck I am spending $73k is worth $100-110k... and likely most of the "bugs" have been worked out... I had the chance to switch to black interior and didn't... zero regrets...

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
As an Ocean Coast interior orderer, I am choosing to try and find the positive to all the delays... think about this... my Rivian truck that Rivian is going to sell me for $73k is likely worth $90-100k today. At the rate of inflation at 10%+, if I get the truck in 2023... now the truck I am spending $73k is worth $100-110k... and likely most of the "bugs" have been worked out... I had the chance to switch to black interior and didn't... zero regrets...
That's a far too healthy and positive outlook! You are hereby banned from internet forums for one year since you clearly do not understand how they work!! 😄

Sponsored

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
I would agree with you if I had two cars right now 😂

In all seriousness I so wanted ocean coast, but the wood 😑... If it were a true white oak, versus a more pale pink/yellow (seriously) I'd have totally went with it.

Better yet, Black Mountain wood trim in a Ocean Coast two tone interior would be my absolute favorite. But I'm still really surprised Rivian didn't go with a "non wood" renewal option across the entire line?

I probably would have taken anything "not wood" in my vehicle over what they have now.

Just not a wood trim fan anymore.

1shadowsabre

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 Ram 1500 ecodiesel Honda Shadow Sabre
Ordered Feb. 6th 2021
Adventure Package
Max Pack
Glacier White
20" All Terrain Wheels
Ocean Coast Interior
Full Sized spare

I have never had 1 personal correspondence from Rivian, no delivery date, never been contacted by a guide. Never an opportunity or invitation for a test drive..... zip, nada, zero. Other than the emails regarding price increase and subsequent decrease total silence.
I am not too worried about it so am waiting. Like others I am thinking my Rivian "may" appreciate just due to the price increases.
It appears to me that the Ford Lightning may undercut them substantially but we will see.
I kinda get the feeling that Rivian is really struggling as a company. New startup, production line tweaks, supply chain issues and raw material shortages as well as general inflation. This is a really tough time to be a new car company startup!
I will be keeping my order as the truck really seems great and has a lot of amazing features!

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Ordered Feb. 6th 2021
Adventure Package
Max Pack
Glacier White
20" All Terrain Wheels
Ocean Coast Interior
Full Sized spare

I have never had 1 personal correspondence from Rivian, no delivery date, never been contacted by a guide. Never an opportunity or invitation for a test drive..... zip, nada, zero. Other than the emails regarding price increase and subsequent decrease total silence.
I am not too worried about it so am waiting. Like others I am thinking my Rivian "may" appreciate just due to the price increases.
It appears to me that the Ford Lightning may undercut them substantially but we will see.
I kinda get the feeling that Rivian is really struggling as a company. New startup, production line tweaks, supply chain issues and raw material shortages as well as general inflation. This is a really tough time to be a new car company startup!
I will be keeping my order as the truck really seems great and has a lot of amazing features!
Completely agree!

No parts = no R1s, everything else is noise.

orionexp

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Adventure
Occupation
retired
So, any guesses on the magic configurations? (Aside from Black Mountain Interior)
When I talked with my guide on the final config, he said I needed to remove the Gear Tunnel Shuttle ($1500) to expedite my delivery, then get it installed at a Rivian center (about 65 miles away) when they are able to add those. I already had Black Mountain.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

When I talked with my guide on the final config, he said I needed to remove the Gear Tunnel Shuttle ($1500) to expedite my delivery, then get it installed at a Rivian center (about 65 miles away) when they are able to add those. I already had Black Mountain.
That sounds reasonable and is good information.

Thank you!

Sponsored

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
So to add fuel to the fire, click on the link for this story and then look at picture...OC doors going down assembly line!!!!UUUmmm Tony you gots some splainin to do...(there are of course plenty of logical explanations but it's funny none the less).
Dirty_B

https://emeatribune.com/rivians-ipo-lockup-is-almost-over-heres-what-that-means-for-the-stock/

IThinkFreely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Bronco Badlands
I ordered Dec 4 2018 - the number in the link I think was around 3200. Anyway, at the time I believe I thought the LE units were going to be ONLY green so I reserved an Adventure and basically forgot about it for a couple of years - I would imagine there are very few non LE ahead of me....yet some Adcentures are delivered already so who knows.

I had not heard a personal peep out of Rivian until about 3 weeks ago they sent me the invite for the First Mile drive. My current window is July - Sept BUT I'm OC interior. I had a 30 second thought process about changing but there is no way I can do that. OC is hands down the nicest finish so I'll wait.

I did treat us to a Bronco Badlands for summer fun and will keep my Model 3 until such time as Rivian comes through. The First Mile guys felt the OC thing isn't that big a deal - just a reshuffle in how the factory is processing orders. Maybe I'll have the R1T by year end. Maybe. I honestly never expected to so the OC delay was not a surprise. The bed has been soiled so many times by these guys it's par for the course.

IThinkFreely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Bronco Badlands

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
2 more weeks left in May. Still no new delivery windows or being contacted about what options you are flexible on. Wonder if they'll make it.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

2 more weeks left in May. Still no new delivery windows or being contacted about what options you are flexible on. Wonder if they'll make it.
I think now that Q1 call is complete and most of the configuration shuffle is over the new delivery windows will be along shortly.
Sponsored