djsider2

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Mid March now... are they going to announce the full enablement on the last day like Ford did.
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
At this point, I am most interested to hear if we will need to register/order an adapter or if it will automatically be shipped to us.

Kenmecca

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Directlineanswers.com
Vehicles
R1S; Audi A5
Occupation
Business Owner
RJ was not joshin us when he said by March, March 2025 seems more plausible.

Rgrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
OTA 2024.07.02 was a pre-requisite for SC access, and this release has now rolled out to the majority of customers. Now it will take a switch-flip: Both Rivian and Tesla will need to flip the switch that allows each to share the other's data. Whether Rivian will decide to flip the switch before or after adapters start arriving at customers is TBD. But I think they will flip the switch this month, even if the adapters go through a slow, phased roll-out.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Service Center employees aren't the most reliable sources for these sorts of things.

I have a hard time believing that they won't ship any adapters until mid year, although I do believe that the rollout will be very slow once started.
Just under promising

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
At this point, I am most interested to hear if we will need to register/order an adapter or if it will automatically be shipped to us.
I can't think of a scenario where they would automatically ship these out, especially since mailing addresses may have changed or they people may have recently sold their vehicle.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
I agree - an opt-in model is far more likely. I expect that when Rivian is ready to ship, they will send out an email telling us what we have to do to get an adapter.

Hercules10

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Hopes are fading for a speedy rollout. Starting on a 4,200 mile road trip from the Bay Area to LA, Fort Worth to see the eclipse, then back through Monument Valley, Moab, and Salt Lake City in 3 weeks. Was keeping my fingers crossed that adapters would be sent out and we get the green light at Tesla stations. I'll have to settle for EA when I can't reach a RAN. At least I'll hit the RANs as far as Phoenix and starting with Truckee on the way back.
A2Z has an adapter that have proven to work with the Ford and I'm sure you it will work with the Rivian. It's $200 bucks. I already order mine.. I got a road trip in June...

For the Eclipse look up the Hestia Telescope for the cell phone. Pretty cool.

CJdergroße

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Management
A2Z has an adapter that have proven to work with the Ford and I'm sure you it will work with the Rivian. It's $200 bucks. I already order mine.. I got a road trip in June...

For the Eclipse look up the Hestia Telescope for the cell phone. Pretty cool.
Im sure it will work, but im not going to spend $200 to get a 3rd party adapter, when a OEM-blessed one is coming for free. I don’t want to risk this a2z quality control, they have less skin in the game, than Tesla or whoever is making ours.

portdirect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (QM), R1S (DM Large), EZGO RXV 48v
Occupation
Blinkenlight Hearder
Tesla chargers now showing up in Rivian navigation and phone app - it suggested I use the Springfield IL superchargers, but alas no adapter 20 mins after midnight on go-live day 😂 would have been fantastic, just spent 45 mins waiting to start charging in Normal at the EA station 5 mins from the Rivian factory with one station out of order, and the other three full with folks literally charging to 100% 🎻

Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Im sure it will work, but im not going to spend $200 to get a 3rd party adapter, when a OEM-blessed one is coming for free. I don’t want to risk this a2z quality control, they have less skin in the game, than Tesla or whoever is making ours.
I chatted with Rivian this morning. They said we may not get adapters until next year! I would bet cost saving will be a reason for Rivian to drag their feet on these.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I chatted with Rivian this morning. They said we may not get adapters until next year! I would bet cost saving will be a reason for Rivian to drag their feet on these.
A2Z and Lectron are going to make a lot of $$$ on their adapters in the meantime.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
My understanding is that Rivian is not manufacturing the adapters so no cost savings to be had. Even if there were, availability of the Tesla charging network should help drive vehicle sales so would be in Rivian's best interest to make adapters available ASAP.
Sponsored