Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Tesla opening their network up to competitors is the exact opposite of what anti-trust laws are designed to protect against. Think about it.
This is an entirely too simplistic understanding of anti-competitive behavior. Microsoft also allowed other browsers. Apple allows non-Apple software in their App Store. Yet their handling of both has been found to be anti-competitive.
Sponsored

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1S
Very disappointed that not all V3 and V4 chargers aren’t included. Going to make it even messier to determine where you can charge.
Really? Try using the vehicle navigation as it will only show CCS and NACS-compatible locations plus will precondition the HVB and if well implemented the current in-use stalls and how many vehicles are in route. And Plugshare and Rivian-owned ABRP will be updated with a NACS filter at some point fixing their limitations.

It’s an great start for those of us that see the glass as half full. Sure it isn’t every SC but Tesla has legitimate reasons to exclude over-subscribed SCs that don’t need more traffic, especially traffic that uses more than one stall to charge.

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
If it’s serial then we will get adapters in 2025.
I won't be shocked. Hopefully we are pleasantly surprised.
The good news is the 3rd party adapters are shown to work so if we really need to charge it is only $200.

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
What you are missing in my point is they have been all over bragging about being first, how all owners now have access, etc. They obviously were not prepared. Their site crashed with only 150k eligible customers based on number of Mach-E and lightnings sold. Opening up the network is useless without the adapter, so it is another hurry up and wait.

I hope Rivian is better prepared.
They won't, but I could be surprised. Good news is we will have access and 3rd party are only $200. I went ahead and ordered as I have an early April trip.

Sponsored

tobyringle

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Our navigation apps will be updated in March....actually receiving our adapters will most likely be MONTHS later. And if Tesla is manufacturing them....set your expectations realistically.

140 degrees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Rivian R1T
Clubs

It looks like there are already 9 Supercharger stations between Billings, MT and Worthington, MN, on average of 1 every <100 miles.
True, but if you refer to Tesla's map, zero of the nine will be open to us. As other's have indicated, there alternate routes. I had hoped that this option would become available.

JamuJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 2500, Polestar 2, R1T Max Pack Performance
Occupation
Retired Petroleum Engineer
Excellent news indeed. I look forward to terrorizing the superchargers this summer with the R1S or R1T and 28ft travel trailer 😎

PXL_20230717_145829479.jpg
I’ll be doing likewise. It’s a challenge sometimes at RAN stations. Here I arrived at a mall in San Antonio well before opening hours.
Rivian R1T R1S ⚡️ Rivian announces: March Tesla Supercharger access & free NACS adapters! IMG_2513

SilverII

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

The real question is when you get your adapter, where will you store it when not charging in your R1?

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
It looks like there are already 9 Supercharger stations between Billings, MT and Worthington, MN, on average of 1 every <100 miles.
Those are all V2 so off the board for non nacs vehicles

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
My point is nobody is buying a Rivian to tow, of course they can tow. That stated and in detail, EVs are terrible at towing any real distance, pull through stall or not. Of course Rivian will advertise towing, I would too given the torque. But in reality all you can really do is tow a trailer across town. Stopping to charge every 100 miles or so will get old quickly, this won't work for the common populace that Rivian needs.

On the flip side, someone will do a long distance tow and advertise some sort of great accomplishment.
Welp. I actually bought the Rivian specifically to tow with. There is one trailer or another on the hook more often than not... So not "nobody"... 😎
Rivian R1T R1S ⚡️ Rivian announces: March Tesla Supercharger access & free NACS adapters! 1000001958

RivianRunner

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Suzuki DR650
Occupation
Tester
True, but if you refer to Tesla's map, zero of the nine will be open to us. As other's have indicated, there alternate routes. I had hoped that this option would become available.
Do you have reason to believe that part of the route won't be opened when the units are upgraded to Ver. 4? Tesla can't accommodate everyone simply by declaring it so, they have to implement and test each station and I imagine that route isn't their highest priority.

Why is the glass always only half full, even when the whine is free?

Last edited: