First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Not sure why y'all are doubting.... there is clearly at least one black R1S there.

found-you.jpg
That is without a doubt some of the BEST photoshopping I have ever seen. Brava! 👏🏻
Sponsored

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
That is without a doubt some of the BEST photoshopping I have ever seen. Brava! 👏🏻
Honestly I'm kinda proud of myself for adding the skew effect for extra crappiness lol

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Hooray!!
Please post 103039843048 photos when it arrives.

Heh, think they need to produce more yellow to help the forums be more sunny.
I absolutely will. Just signed the PBA earlier today. She didn't have any specifics, but I feel like I might be getting the truck quickly because there's so few yellow ones being ordered. As long as they can figure out how to get it down to me in Kentucky, since we don't have any nearby active service centers.

For all I know, one of those in the photo is going to have my name on it. We already did some pre-planning with our insurance guy, planned some licensing steps with the county, and started talking to the bank about getting the financing portion set up. I've also got all my trade-in quotes ready to go.

I'm happy to make this happen as quick as possible.

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Construction Cost Consultant
As far as Wall Street is concerned, they care about produced, delivered, revenues and guidance. Orders are meaningless because they can be cancelled.
I don't know that I agree that orders are meaningless because "they can be cancelled." While it's true that preorders with a $1000 deposit (or $0 deposit if you cancelled and were reinstated like me) can be cancelled, the PBA, once signed, cannot. I'm sitting down to read it now. The Order Agreement outlines that it (the PBA) creates a "binding legal contract between you.... and Rivian LLC".

Rivian R1T R1S Tons of Rivians & Amazon Vans ready to ship... photos [removed at request of Rivian] Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 10.08.18 PM

A paragraph or two below that, you make an "Agreement to Purchase."

Rivian R1T R1S Tons of Rivians & Amazon Vans ready to ship... photos [removed at request of Rivian] 1651295581871

I'd make the argument that a "customer" with a PBA is more valuable as they are now legally bound to purchase the vehicle. Whereas the person who just put a $1000 deposit down yesterday and can cancel at any time isn't necessarily guaranteed to convert into a customer/sale.

Where I'm going with this is - I wonder if they're trying to lock as many preorder holders into these PBAs as possible to make the books look better somehow for the upcoming meeting. Was just a thought. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Last edited:

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Did nobody point out the one R1S in the last picture? See the wiper blade? ...but, it has plates already, so it's not a customer delivery.

View attachment 20424
thats not an R1S. the read bumpers are different between the S and T. thats def. another T

Sponsored

Deleted member 6231

I don't know that I agree that orders are meaningless because "they can be cancelled." While it's true that preorders with a $1000 deposit (or $0 deposit if you cancelled and were reinstated like me) can be cancelled, the PBA, once signed, cannot. I'm sitting down to read it now. The Order Agreement outlines that it (the PBA) creates a "binding legal contract between you.... and Rivian LLC".

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 10.08.18 PM.png

A paragraph or two below that, you make an "Agreement to Purchase."

1651295581871.png

I'd make the argument that a "customer" with a PBA is more valuable as they are now legally bound to purchase the vehicle. Whereas the person who just put a $1000 deposit down yesterday and can cancel at any time isn't necessarily guaranteed to convert into a customer/sale.

Where I'm going with this is - I wonder if they're trying to lock as many preorder holders into these PBAs as possible to make the books look better somehow for the upcoming meeting. Was just a thought. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
I agree with what you are saying on the PBA’s. However, what do you think the percentage of signed PBA’s are of total orders 1-2%?

I am not a doubter, I am just realistic about how pessimistic the market is right now. The sentiment is perform above expectations or we are going to destroy your stock.

I believe Rivian is the company I had hoped Tesla would be. Everyone now says Musk is a genius but they clearly have no recollection of how badly Tesla was flailing between 2013-2018. If it weren’t for the hundreds if not thousands of owner volunteers helping with quarter-end deliveries, Tesla would not be where it is today. I hope that RJ and Rivian management can learn from the mistakes of Tesla.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
With only 2-months left in the 2nd quarter I don’t see how Rivian is going to meet its production target of 15k R1 trucks/SUV’s for 2022.

That works out to 312.5 vehicles per week, 62.5 vehicles per day to stay on target.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
With only 2-months left in the 2nd quarter I don’t see how Rivian is going to meet its production target of 15k R1 trucks/SUV’s for 2022.
Still a lot of 2022 left and they will be ramping to produce more every month.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I truly hope the new guy, Frank Klein from Magna, injects his magic and manufacturing experience into Rivian to exceed their goal for 2022.

Sponsored

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I truly hope the new guy, Frank Klein from Magna, injects his magic and manufacturing experience into Rivian to exceed their goal for 2022.
He's only been on the job what a month, 45 days? I wouldn't think there's much he could do to improve 2022, we're almost halfway through. His decision making will set up 2023 and beyond.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
He's only been on the job what a month, 45 days? I wouldn't think there's much he could do to improve 2022, we're almost halfway through. His decision making will set up 2023 and beyond.
He does not really start until June 1st. This last email about simplifying productions sounds like he may be providing input though. Time will tell.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
I agree with what you are saying on the PBA’s. However, what do you think the percentage of signed PBA’s are of total orders 1-2%?
If they are struggling to deliver what they've produced by end of quarter. I could see the benefit to get signed PBAs from a number of customers as well. They could start reporting on "produced", "delivered" and "pending delivery" (or something like that - aka PBA). It would give them a new metric that shows more solidified orders aka locked income. As someone said. Preorders are good but cancellable. They are also going to have to report on the lost pre-orders after price-gate at the same time. So I could see this being a good way to offset that.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
thats not an R1S. the read bumpers are different between the S and T. thats def. another T
The easiest way to tell is that the rear "hatch" of an R1S (don't know what exactly it's called, but the frame around the rear windshield) would be black. In this case, it's body color. Now had it been a black R1T it would have made for an interesting debate ...

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
Given the eagle eye experts on this forum, its next to impossible for Rivian to sneak R1S units by us. The fact that none have been seen (other than that midnight black one in the drone picture and perhaps one more), tells me that R1S is not coming off the production line. The wait continues.
Sponsored