Sponsored

RDB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Yeah if the way this looks on the screen is even close….this is a miss. There are so many amazing grays, currently on the road, that they could have used and people would have been thrilled.

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Rivian has said that White is the only color without flake. So Limestone has it. There’s literally a white Rivian next to the Robin’s egg Rivian, so white balancing shouldn’t be too difficult. Obviously they took so long on the color because someone somewhere thought three grays was too much. Perhaps there was also the thought that a more feminine color might work better in the mix, particularly when you consider that the colors are for the R1S too. I’m looking forward to better photos of the color and will keep my mind open until they’re out, but in the meantime my earnest and thoughtful reaction is
Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE Rivian R1T seen at Salt Lake City Delivery Center! FFA7C4E8-DD39-4381-BC44-3F36D61D51AA

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I might be in the minority here but if it’s powder blue I’m f’in IN! ?

Sponsored

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
This might be nice on an R1S with the right wheels. Calling Ms./Mr. Photoshop.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

It reminds me of a slightly darker version of Ford's Space White.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Woof. Huge miss and nothing like the renders if this is legit.

RVXIAN

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Sales
I thought it would be closer to Nardo Gray. Was surprised when mentioned blue hues according to Reddit. Not sure if the blue maybe the sunlight but would have to see it in person. Didn’t like Rivian Blue but in person is gorgeous!

Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE Rivian R1T seen at Salt Lake City Delivery Center! 19371717-BD28-4900-9BEA-733EC127B514

Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE Rivian R1T seen at Salt Lake City Delivery Center! 75D135BE-3731-41BF-BCD1-84BCCF5FBEFD

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

That is hideous.

In that particular photo, it looks like just a light blue VW bug.
Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE Rivian R1T seen at Salt Lake City Delivery Center! PCB6OSWKHII6TODGIBWI6S7HAY

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Look at all of this negativity and fighting on this thread. What has become of us?

Once, Limestone united us in curiosity and speculation. Now, it will tear this forum apart!

All of that, and I am really disappointed in it if that is indeed Limestone (not sure what else it would be)

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
Would you believe that my Audi e-tron GT in this picture is gray? Audi calls it Suzuka Gray but the only time it doesn't look white is when you see it in the snow. In the snow it looks very much like this representation of Limestone. I would have to see Limestone in person before pulling the trigger.
Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE Rivian R1T seen at Salt Lake City Delivery Center! 1647946560056

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning, '23 Ioniq 5
I think whether or not it's a good color misses the point. I was debating between this and El Cap and this isn't even in the ballpark of what their website was advertising as far as I'm concerned.

Very clearly we all thought we were weighing shades of grey and metallics whereas there's a definite blue hue here.

It's possible some of it has to do with the color from photography/post processing, but as someone who works in video production I look at that picture and see the color of the surrounding items and what range they're in and I don't see any kind of huge blue shift. I'll reserve judgement until I see more but based on this, looks like a dark grey Rivian is in my future.

Edit: Are we sure this is LS and not a wrap or custom weirdness?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)