Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
  • Snow traction device section added to page 151 including indication that you shouldn’t use chains/cables on the 20” tires, but “textile-based” devices can be used
First, thanks for the change log!

Second, is this normal for AT tires? I am fortunate to live in a mostly fair-weather area -- this weekend, we're expecting 1-3" of snow and I will not be on the road at all because it'll be a nightmare.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
First, thanks for the change log!

Second, is this normal for AT tires? I am fortunate to live in a mostly fair-weather area -- this weekend, we're expecting 1-3" of snow and I will not be on the road at all because it'll be a nightmare.
It is likely a clearance issue. Chains or other such devices are only required for passenger vehicles in places with antiquated winter tire rules ?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It is likely a clearance issue. Chains or other such devices are only required for passenger vehicles in places with antiquated winter tire rules ?
meaning they don't have winter tire rules? lol

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Hmm, long ago they would be required to transit Cajon pass in SoCal when it was icy.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Last edited:

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

New version of the R1T user manual has been posted labelled January 18, 2022 (Software: 2022.03.X): R1T Manual

• More detailed description of key card and band use. The time period between scanning and being allowed to start the vehicle was updated to 60 seconds from 30.
  • Reduced the number of smartphones that can be paired down to 2 from 4.
  • Pointless note added indicating auto high beams won’t operate when the lights are set to parking lights or lights are off.
  • Also apparently auto high beams activate at 25 mph and deactivate at 18 mph.
  • A bunch of added detail in regard to the in-door flashlight, primarily in regard to maintenance.
  • A couple new technical notes added about connecting the vehicle to wifi.
  • Added info and maintenance notes in regard to the front cameras and radar in the driver+ section.
  • Added list of operating conditions for park assist.
  • New section added for “object detection” under park assist.
  • Dropped “140 miles in 20 minutes” and “25 miles in an hour” wording about RAN and Waypoint charging.
  • Waterproof indication for spare tire compartment switched to “No”.
  • Dropped "Rivian app" from the list of ways to operate the front trunk.
  • Interesting wording added to the “storage and security” and “camping and off-road” sections indicating “Rivian-supplied accessories work best with your vehicle.” And that non-Rivian devices should be unplugged when not in use.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
  • Reduced the number of smartphones that can be paired down to 2 from 4.
  • Dropped “140 miles in 20 minutes” and “25 miles in an hour” wording about RAN and Waypoint charging.
  • Waterproof indication for spare tire compartment switched to “No”.
  • Dropped "Rivian app" from the list of ways to operate the front trunk.
I find these changes extremely disappointing.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Those changes do kinda suck, but at least the phone thing and the frunk thing could be altered by software down the road. Unless there’s been a hardware change I suppose

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Those changes do kinda suck, but at least the phone thing and the frunk thing could be altered by software down the road. Unless there’s been a hardware change I suppose
the frunk part is a bit odd to me. I wonder if the phone pairing change is a temp usability.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
the frunk part is a bit odd to me. I wonder if the phone pairing change is a temp usability.
Perhaps done in the interest of security after the recent Tesla hack? Theft/access issues are one thing, popping someone's hood while they're driving is something else.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Perhaps done in the interest of security after the recent Tesla hack? Theft/access issues are one thing, popping someone's hood while they're driving is something else.
hadn't heard about the Tesla hack.

Man, I would hope that the car would be smart enough not to open the hood while it's in drive...

HTownB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Just remember, if the cop pulls you over immediately get out of the car running and screaming, “BEES! BEES!”

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
There's a new version dated 2/28/2022. Has anyone diffed it yet?
Sponsored