kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Will you good people kindly get the R1S manual online for us to download.

Can't be too hard since the R1T manual has been out nearly a year and the R1s shares so many common features.

You're either already delivering at least the LE R1S or are, or soon will be, delivering the earliest releases of the R1S Adventure. Surely you're not handing owners a car without an owner's manual.

Candidly, those of us in que for the R1S hang on everything you can give us. If I can't yet have my R1S, at least give me the means of studying up on the make.

So give . . . said your ardent supporter and de facto salesman.

None yet.
Sponsored

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

Quick summary on the latest version of the R1T manual (https://assets.rivian.com/k534zewng...238b3250a/r1t-owners-guide-en-us-20220425.pdf)

Manual labelled 4/25/22 for software version 2022.15.x which has started rolling out to non-employee vehicles (I'm about to update mine).

• Changed auto high beam setting from holding the turn signal away to a setting under Driver+.
  • You can now lock rear cabin lights from rear control. As a parent of little kids who like pressing buttons, I appreciate this.
  • It now includes a description of the “Power Guage” on the driver display.
  • Includes a more detailed descriptions for drive modes.
  • Includes a more detailed descriptions of stability settings and a chart showing the options available for drive modes.
  • Sport Launch mode dropped from ride height chart though I never saw that mode available anyway.
  • Dropped the specific speeds cited for auto ride height lowering.
  • Note indicating that adaptive cruise control may reduce speed when cornering which I have observed.
  • More warnings added about adaptive cruise control.
  • Now includes instructions on removing underside body panels to expose frame rails for when not using the Rivian supplied jack to lift the vehicle.
  • Added instructions on how to pull the vehicle from the trailer hitch.

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

New version of the R1T manual: May 23, 2022 (software version: 2022.19.X)

https://assets.rivian.com/2md5qhoea...f5d4da00e/r1t-owners-guide-en-us-20220523.pdf

Updates:
  • Added text indicating that using the key card/band to unlock the door when the vehicle is asleep can take up to 8 seconds.
  • Added garage management instructions.
  • Improved vehicle lights section and added a diagram.
  • Added instructions for the audio media options.
  • Note indicating auto wipers do not operate in park or neutral going less than 5 mph.
  • Added soft sand mode description.
    • Low regen is currently only available in soft sand mode.
  • Instructions added for reset/calibration of the tonneau cover.
  • Car wash mode description added.
  • Added pedestrian warning description and cleaning notes.

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

I also compared the new R1S manual to the previous one and didn't see anything R1S specific updated.

I did miss a change: There are now 3 places in the document that indicate to "Only use Rivian-supplied paint protective film (PPF)." These are in the context of keeping sensors clear though I'm not sure where one gets this Rivian-suppied PPF.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I also compared the new R1S manual to the previous one and didn't see anything R1S specific updated.

I did miss a change: There are now 3 places in the document that indicate to "Only use Rivian-supplied paint protective film (PPF)." These are in the context of keeping sensors clear though I'm not sure where one gets this Rivian-suppied PPF.
Rivian? ;)

Sponsored

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

Change summary of new R1T owner's manual (June 27, 2022; software version: 2022.23.X):
https://assets.rivian.com/2md5qhoea...1fd968128/r1t-owners-guide-en-us-20220627.pdf

Aside from minor cleanup:
  • Note added about proximity away from home feature.
  • Added note about toll transponder/sticker placement.
  • Description added for “Show and Tell” mode.
  • Added controllable front windshield vent to ‘additional climate settings” section.
  • Pet comfort mode section added.
  • Note indicating that the charging pad won’t damage an NFC card.
  • Instructions added for navigation use.
  • Tire air down instructions added with noted minimums per tire.

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

Updated July 25th 2022

• Added note on how to open door handles when in car wash mode.
  • Added note with list of conditions where the vehicle may be making sounds when parked.
  • Added information about pet comfort mode.
  • Instructions added for adjusting the steering wheel.
  • Information included on a new “Auto” ride height setting for all-purpose and conserve modes.
  • Information added on the automatic front camera setting and behavior (parking).
  • Note added indicating that Gear Guard video may reduce the range of the vehicle over time when on.
  • Installation, removal, and cleaning information for 21” wheel cap added.
  • Vehicle shipping mode information added (turns off software updates, gear guard motion detection, and passive lock/unlock)

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

Also there were some R1S specific additions in the R1S manual:
  • Added Cargo area diagram.
  • Added info on the second row: center seat, seat adjustment, and armrest.
  • Added flat seat folding info.
  • Added section on optional retractable cargo cover operation.

Mickey

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
I was wondering the same. My guess is to have the capacity to be winch-ready. There's no alternator (in an ICE, you'd be idling the engine when winching), and it's unlikely the DC-DC converter is a suitable replacement for one for that kind of a load.
The two 24v batteries power the computer ("brains"), lights, accessories, etc. Those of us with older Launch editions who had their R1T completely die found this out the hard way. These are the core of the entire EV.

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
The two 24v batteries power the computer ("brains"), lights, accessories, etc. Those of us with older Launch editions who had their R1T completely die found this out the hard way. These are the core of the entire EV.
There are no 24V batteries in these vehicles. They're 12V, and the newer vehicles only have one with an additional capacitor. This thread was over a year old at this point and is now out of date.

Mickey

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
There are no 24V batteries in these vehicles. They're 12V, and the newer vehicles only have one with an additional capacitor. This thread was over a year old at this point and is now out of date.
Excuse the math typo

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T OWNERS MANUAL Guide  is here! ? IMG_20240117_205010

@timesinks checked out a while ago, you trying to bring him back?
Sponsored