Sponsored

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

They added an updated version of the manual labelled "September 29".

Other than some minor changes, the notable differences I saw were:

• Dropped the comedic reference to note a “Tire” on the exterior diagram.
  • Dropped the note restricting power seat adjustment to under 5 km/h.
  • New Note: Automatic seat and steering wheel adjustments aren’t available when the vehicle isn’t in Park.
  • New Note: Press any steering wheel control button to stop automatic adjustments in progress.
  • New Note: The electronic park brake is only on the rear wheels. There is an increased risk of rolling when replacing a rear tire.
  • Some refinement on jumpstarting:
    • If using a tow truck to jump start, the tow truck needs to be running until the Rivian vehicle powers up.
    • If using a jump box, it needs to maintain a steady voltage of 12.5 V at 15 A (30 A peak)

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
  • Dropped the note restricting power seat adjustment to under 5 km/h.
Thank jeebus. Not sure if it was a mistake, or if they changed course on that limitation But good news, nonetheless!

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
So, do we need to chock the wheels when changing a rear one then???
Every vehicle I can think of has the e-brake only clamp the rear wheels. This isn't unique to Rivian.

You should be chocking the wheels any time you lift any vehicle, imo.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Thank jeebus. Not sure if it was a mistake, or if they changed course on that limitation But good news, nonetheless!
I think you missed this part, adjustments are only available in park....
  • New Note: Automatic seat and steering wheel adjustments aren’t available when the vehicle isn’t in Park.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I think you missed this part, adjustments are only available in park....
I read that as being different.

For example, my vehicle lets me do one-touch adjustments if I'm not driving. Push the memory button once and the servos do their thing until they get to the right position. If I'm driving I can still make adjustments and even change memory positions, but I have to HOLD the button until it gets where I want it. The "automatic" portion is disabled while driving.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I read that as being different.

For example, my vehicle lets me do one-touch adjustments if I'm not driving. Push the memory button once and the servos do their thing until they get to the right position. If I'm driving I can still make adjustments and even change memory positions, but I have to HOLD the button until it gets where I want it. The "automatic" portion is disabled while driving.
So my drive coach at the first mile event related a story to me. When you first get in, they make sure you have the seat adjusted properly, you can reach the steering wheel with your back up against the seat and feet can reach the pedals.

Apparently one person did the test drive and liked to sit forward on the seat, not up against the back. Then when they did the 0-60 they were thrown back against the seat and couldn't reach the wheel or pedals.

My guess is to prevent something similar while driving, inadvertent changing of the seat position that would prevent access to the wheel/pedals. Think if something falls down the side and jams against the buttons. I can't say I've tried this with my Ram.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
My guess is to prevent something similar while driving, inadvertent changing of the seat position that would prevent access to the wheel/pedals. Think if something falls down the side and jams against the buttons. I can't say I've tried this with my Ram.
A solution for a problem that doesn't exist, imo.

Sponsored

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

There is a new revision of the R1T manual - 10/27/21 - Software Version 2021.43.0

https://assets.rivian.com/k534zewng...09335b0d9c1078adf18fbb69/r1t-owners-guide.pdf

There were several minor changes and the following items of note:
  • Added:
    • Alexa section (and Alexa references throughout)
      • Alexa is activated by a long press on the left side thumb control
    • Instructions on how to remove rear head restraints.
    • Information on the rear seat storage bin including information on the dividers.
    • Additional instructions on gear guard video management.
    • Instructions on how to perform a vehicle reset.
    • Additional info on turn signal use: "Lightly push to flash the turn signals three times. Push until it clicks for continuous turn signals.”
  • Removed:
    • Instructions on how to add a garage door opener.

Kidentist

First Name
Carlitos way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7,A3, Macan GTS
Occupation
Mouth Janitor
There is a new revision of the R1T manual - 10/27/21 - Software Version 2021.43.0

https://assets.rivian.com/k534zewng...09335b0d9c1078adf18fbb69/r1t-owners-guide.pdf

There were several minor changes and the following items of note:
  • Added:
    • Alexa section (and Alexa references throughout)
      • Alexa is activated by a long press on the left side thumb control

I wonder if it will allow you to ask alexa to play music from your Prime Music Playlist just like you can on other Alexa enabled devices.......:please:

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I wonder if it will allow you to ask alexa to play music from your Prime Music Playlist just like you can on other Alexa enabled devices.......:please:
I previously received this response from Rivian on the topic:

Hello Tim,
We received an email from one of our representatives at the Venice HUB about some questions you had and wanted a follow up on.
About Alexa, our Alexa functionality is different because in a Rivian, Alexa can control physical vehicle functions such as HVAC, windows, opening and closing the front trunk, and more. Users will be able to check on their gear remotely by accessing the vehicle’s bed camera from anywhere via Alexa Fire. The integration also allows Rivian to provide new “car-to-home” and “home-to-car” skills unique to its vehicles, as well as access to certain Alexa features when the vehicle is offline. An example: “Alexa, is my Rivian charging?”
You'll have access to audio streaming with Spotify, TuneIn and Alexa-powered Amazon Music + Audible. (Meaning you can access Amazon Music + Audible, but only through Alexa voice requests, not the infotainment UI.
If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out! Thank you for making Rivian an ally in your future adventures and have a great day!
Forever Adventurous
Josh

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
You'll have access to audio streaming with Spotify, TuneIn and Alexa-powered Amazon Music + Audible. (Meaning you can access Amazon Music + Audible, but only through Alexa voice requests, not the infotainment UI.
This seems so clunky lol

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

• Removed:
    • Instructions on how to add a garage door opener.
So...I guess that means they won't have any sort of HomeLink equivalent functionality. That's disappointing.
Sponsored