Sponsored

Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date?

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
It's 'cause nobody has theirs yet. Silence from RIVN isn't unusual since the S-1 is out there but the expected flow of trucks in the wild is conspicuously absent.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I have never heard of someone having to sign an NDA to take delivery of a consumer product you paid for. That’s just seems way too controlling and weird.
Unless you have an NDA to hold an event ahead of time. Similar to the event in July in Normal.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Unless you have an NDA to hold an event ahead of time. Similar to the event in July in Normal.
I guess that's possible but as other might have stated, I don't see what the intent would be. Its a production vehicle, its in a consumers hand or about to be, why have them sign an NDA? Its probably not true but if it is its some crazy s#!t I've never heard of. Why would Rivian be so controlling?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I guess that's possible but as other might have stated, I don't see what the intent would be. Its a production vehicle, its in a consumers hand or about to be, why have them sign an NDA? Its probably not true but if it is its some crazy s#!t I've never heard of. Why would Rivian be so controlling?
?‍♂

Marketing? Bringing back "the 10" to show how much improvement there's been on the truck since July? To connect with customers? There are a lot of things Rivian stays quiet about that I don't get. I mean, they wouldn't even confirm an integrated garage door opener ahead of releasing the manual.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

?‍♂

Marketing? Bringing back "the 10" to show how much improvement there's been in the truck in January? To connect with customers? There are a lot of things Rivian stays quiet about that I don't get. I mean, they wouldn't even confirm an integrated garage door opener ahead of releasing the manual.
"the 10" were drinking out of the kool-aid so I can't imagine how much more glowing they could be about the R1T than they already were but I guess its good for sound bites and commercials. Maybe as youre implying, the early deliveries could be "testers" to get feedback from, in exchange for getting the vehicles sooner.

I don't think they need to try this hard. Pre-order holders are a particularly vocal and early adopter mindset group so they are going to get feedback whether they like it or not. They wouldn't have to go to all this trouble imo.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Commercial worthy
That'd be a hell of a commercial if Rivian strung @DuckTruck along in relative silence all the way till then and then dropped a truck off as a surprise. Permagrin engaged. (it'd also be mean to do to him).

Last edited:

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
I think @DuckTruck's account has been hi-jacked. No way he would reply with only 1-2 sentences.