Sponsored

R1 Refresh announcement soon?

Hayseed_MS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
I read it was until tomorrow. Nonetheless, looking forward to the news. Chatted Rivian to see when they would post anything about it. He stated he did not know but they would send an email when there was something to report. Tell me you will not answer me without telling me you will not answer.

jambaman84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I'm assuming they will talk about it during the Q1 quarter call which is supposed to happen in May.

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
If they just put in a new line, they're going to need to spend a little time ramping up. Maybe they'll sell down their backlog before sharing anything. My bet is that they'll show up in the R1 Shop first without much explanation, like the last update of "new" batteries. But, being announced on the Q1 call would also make a lot of sense.

Sponsored

jambaman84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

So, May 7th, after market close?

What’s the over under on the new R1s showing up before then? After?
Yeah I think that's when they'll announce it. I think RJ also mentioned that he was going to be talking about the refresh/revamp at Normal during the conference call in May. I don't really think we will hear anything official until then. But I'm sure we will start hearing rumors or confirmed rumors as it gets closer to the date. But I would assume nothing official until then.

evhelphub

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
VW ID4, R1T (on order); Prev: R1T QM
If they just put in a new line, they're going to need to spend a little time ramping up. Maybe they'll sell down their backlog before sharing anything. My bet is that they'll show up in the R1 Shop first without much explanation, like the last update of "new" batteries. But, being announced on the Q1 call would also make a lot of sense.
Agreed. I bet Q1 is less than stellar financially, but Rivian will be able to sell investors on the upgrades to hold them over until Q2. With all of the sales going on, delivered units should look better then.

I'm excited to see what they bring to the table. Even if the changes are primarily cost savings for the company, there have to be some benefits like weight reduction and perhaps reliability improvements that will positively impact owners.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My name is Mike, and I have a (car) problem
Any changes that result in new feature content will be announced* on the configurator as soon as they want to start moving trucks.

That said, I cannot imagine a whole raft of new options coming available - just platform enhancements that will result in a higher quality, lower cost (to build) vehicle. Which is definitely goodness, IMO.

Chunter415

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, F150, Highlander
Occupation
Cyber Security
Long time reader of this forum, first time posting. This is defiantly news I'm waiting on and have been since about January when we decided we would pursue an R1S. I'm very surprised they didn't announce anything during the shut down to gain momentum and cash (orders). The only reason I can logically think to not was due to a huge supply of inventory that they need to sell off, as once the refresh happens any existing inventory becomes immediately de-valued due to further price reduction. This is why we saw the lease deals, Stealth wraps, earth day promos.

I wouldn't expect much on the Q1 call, as that will be focused on the Q1 numbers, financial and sales. Often investor calls touch on upcoming and total FY guidance, but don't give product announcements.

At this point I have to imagine it's any day, as once the plant is back on line they need orders to start making, unless they need to focus on making the EDV for Amazon and other companies who have orders. 🤷‍♂️

I'm checking almost daily for the updates and if they are what I'm hoping for I'll be finally placing my order!

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
Long time reader of this forum, first time posting. This is defiantly news I'm waiting on and have been since about January when we decided we would pursue an R1S. I'm very surprised they didn't announce anything during the shut down to gain momentum and cash (orders). The only reason I can logically think to not was due to a huge supply of inventory that they need to sell off, as once the refresh happens any existing inventory becomes immediately de-valued due to further price reduction. This is why we saw the lease deals, Stealth wraps, earth day promos.

I wouldn't expect much on the Q1 call, as that will be focused on the Q1 numbers, financial and sales. Often investor calls touch on upcoming and total FY guidance, but don't give product announcements.

At this point I have to imagine it's any day, as once the plant is back on line they need orders to start making, unless they need to focus on making the EDV for Amazon and other companies who have orders. 🤷‍♂️

I'm checking almost daily for the updates and if they are what I'm hoping for I'll be finally placing my order!
There’s no actual confirmation that there’s even a refresh that will be tangible to a buyer. The shut down was to revamp stuff save money on building vehicles, not adding features.

Sponsored

olsonnet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Retooling may be done but there's probably another month of training before they start ramping up production again. Vehicles made during training will likely be demos or sold to employees (doubt you'd want one of the first batch...). I wouldn't expect any news from Rivian directly anytime soon as long as they still have inventory models to sell.

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
Retooling may be done but there's probably another month of training before they start ramping up production again. Vehicles made during training will likely be demos or sold to employees (doubt you'd want one of the first batch...). I wouldn't expect any news from Rivian directly anytime soon as long as they still have inventory models to sell.
I would be shocked if they didn't announce refresh info by or coinciding with Earnings announcement on the 7th.

bdwalters

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3, Model Y
Occupation
Hardware Engineer
There’s no actual confirmation that there’s even a refresh that will be tangible to a buyer. The shut down was to revamp stuff save money on building vehicles, not adding features.
There was no confirmation of new features. We’ll get that soon, though. They need to reduce costs, but they can’t afford to sit still. They need to build excitement.

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

An employee from the Denver Space said he expected some type of reveal in late May.

I’m guessing there’s still some testing and validation to do

edman007

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CY R1S
Clubs

My bet is that they'll show up in the R1 Shop first without much explanation, like the last update of "new" batteries. But, being announced on the Q1 call would also make a lot of sense.
Definitely won't show in the shop before announcement. They will do what they did for the standard pack, build some first to get stock, then make the announcement while dropping them into the shop so they can say available now.

I do think they want that to be before the earnings call so they are not fielding questions about the product. I'd expect May 6th
Sponsored