DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

This may already be out there, but in a call with Customer Service today, they mentioned that the Owner's Guide would be coming out on Rivian's website in September, before vehicle deliveries begin.

I was told it will be multi-media in nature, possibly with some interactive portions. It will be comprehensive, much like the paper versions we've been used to seeing in past vehicles. I understand it will be downloadable, so that we may have it on our phones and tablets to take along in our vehicles. I didn't confirm that it would be on the UI, but not sure it needs to be, if it's available on other mobile devices.
Sponsored

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
Like many in these Forums, I'm sure I'll devour it cover-to-cover, long before the vehicle shows up. ?
Your "long before the vehicle shows up" will be drastically different than our "long before the vehicle shows up."

By the time I get my truck, I will have read the manual front to back 20 times and will be able to write a dissertation on it... While you will be out there climbing mountains and fording 40" of water for glee.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
This may already be out there, but in a call with Customer Service today, they mentioned that the Owner's Guide would be coming out on Rivian's website in September, before vehicle deliveries begin.

I was told it will be multi-media in nature, possibly with some interactive portions. It will be comprehensive, much like the paper versions we've been used to seeing in past vehicles. I understand it will be downloadable, so that we may have it on our phones and tablets to take along in our vehicles. I didn't confirm that it would be on the UI, but not sure it needs to be, if it's available on other mobile devices.
I would bet it will be identical to what is available in-vehicle.

if it works anything like the in vehicle stuff from BMW and others, there will be videos/animations illustrating functions.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I am so excited for this because I think it will finally declare some of the small answers I have been looking for.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Like many in these Forums, I'm sure I'll devour it cover-to-cover, long before the vehicle shows up. ?
I will know more about my R1T than whoever does the delivery stuff on the big day. If they have service info available on a similar timeframe I will have bought myself a subscription and gone through that too! ???

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
This seems like it would be problematic to troubleshoot issues such as "Center console unresponsive/ crashed, how to reboot?" or "12v battery is dead how to recharge/ replace it". Hopefully the manual can be downloaded to your phone for use when outside of service.

I wonder if the R1's will have aux. 12v battery cables accessible when their is no 12v power similar to Tesla?

Sponsored

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
I wonder how many times I can read (or listen to) the Owner's guide between now and spring 2022 (my best guess for LE delivery for me) :crying:

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
I wonder how many times I can read (or listen to) the Owner's guide between now and spring 2022 (my best guess for LE delivery for me) :crying:
I'd say about 1632 times at least. Right there with ya. ?

It shall also be henceforth known that any and all naysayer-friends-and-family asking for rides after picking their jaws up off the floor (especially those who swear by ICE vehicles)...MUST complete the Truffle Shuffle prior to entry of the vehicle. ?✌?

Rivian R1T R1S Owner's Guide coming soon - in September! tumblr_nqv2s9KsJ41u5g4cmo4_r1_250

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

This seems like it would be problematic to troubleshoot issues such as "Center console unresponsive/ crashed, how to reboot?" or "12v battery is dead how to recharge/ replace it". Hopefully the manual can be downloaded to your phone for use when outside of service.

I wonder if the R1's will have aux. 12v battery cables accessible when their is no 12v power similar to Tesla?
I was told last night that it will be downloadable. You're right about that backup. When you need it, you gotta have it!

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
For Tesla owners out there: Am I correct that Tesla does not have the manual anywhere other than the console? It's not possible to download the whole thing to a phone or tablet (whether as a PDF or as part of the Tesla app)?

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

For Tesla owners out there: Am I correct that Tesla does not have the manual anywhere other than the console? It's not possible to download the whole thing to a phone or tablet (whether as a PDF or as part of the Tesla app)?
I am able to download a PDF manual from the Account page on Tesla's website. The app only has video guides available.
Sponsored