First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Looks like they’re sticking with the fabric ”pull loops” for access to underseat storage. Functional I suppose, but makes me question the guy who told us they were benchmarking the interior against the likes of Bentley and Lambo.
Tough balance here because "quality" and "utility" aren't mutually exclusive, but carry different connotational baggage.

I'd rather have a functional pull loop than some fussy push-release/button/whatever, as long as it's durable, thoughtfully designed, and ages well. I want "quality," not "glitzy." But the difference is hard to spot until you try it in person.

(EDIT: A great counter example is the fussy door controls in a Model 3/Y, especially before they added the backlit "door" icon to the interior button. Yes, it's electronic and sleek and ostensibly high-quality. But nothing about "I have to explain to every single passenger how to get enter or exit this fscking car" feels like "luxury.")
Sponsored

Last edited:

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

What color y'all think that is? Its seems too dark to be LA Silver and not dark enough to be El Cap Granite so thinking Limestone. But... when you watch the video and they show the skycam view, it looks Rivian Blue. So confused.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

What color y'all think that is? Its seems too dark to be LA Silver and not dark enough to be El Cap Granite so thinking Limestone. But... when you watch the video and they show the skycam view, it looks Rivian Blue. So confused.
LA Silver

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Do my eyes deceive me or are those the 20" AT wheels, originally for just the R1T but since available for the R1S, in a dark style? They look great! I was wondering if that combination would be possible, because it seemed like that wheel was not available as a dark option, while the other 20" wheel and the 22" wheel were available in a dark style.

If these 20" wheels are available in black but for a crazy upcharge then I'll stick with the non-dark option (and maybe get them powder coated), but it seems like an interesting permutation that hasn't been seen before. Though I could have easily missed an update along the way.
Not sure what you're talking about, this is a R1T with those wheels, not an R1S. And those dark wheels are not available for either the R1T or as R1S currently on the configurator.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I also saw RJ in the crowd at the landing. he was in a grey shirt with I think some black, red, and white nikes.

Capture.PNG
How in the world can you tell that's RJ Scaringe from that photo?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
There's no reason to even assume it's a standard Rivian color. The Blue Origin feather graphic on the side certainly isn't a standard Rivian offering.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Anyone see that there are videos of production on the Instagram post?!

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

There's no reason to even assume it's a standard Rivian color. The Blue Origin feather graphic on the side certainly isn't a standard Rivian offering.
True

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

looks like they're all geared-up to make painted shells .....
sure would like to know/see more about battery fabrication

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone see that there are videos of production on the Instagram post?!

Yes. Are you not hanging on every little post I make on here? Geeze. ?
Sponsored