GHuff

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Clubs

I'm starting to get a little annoyed that there haven't been any improvements to Phone call and text UX and useability.

Also, using my phone to play podcasts or audiobooks in my Rivian is a terrible experience and there haven't been any improvements to address it. I can't be the only one with these issues.

Phone calls, texts, audio books, and podcasts are MUCH more common (daily) than a random Zoom glitch.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

People need to be more clear with the launch bug - in my experience it's only a lag to get going (like what you're saying) meaning that I let off the brake, it takes 0.5 seconds, and then starts moving. In my case, it starts moving at full power. People are making it seem like their 0-60 is being delayed by 0.5 seconds, which isn't the case.

To be clear, previously when I let off the brake, it takes 0.001 seconds, and then starts moving. It still feels like the same 0-60.
I disagree, it definitely isn't hitting as hard and the amount of delay seems to vary slightly as well. Seems like they have a limitation on torque ramp rate that is lower than what it used to be. It's still very quick, but after doing several launches last week, it doesn't currently seem capable of hitting the 3.0s 0-60 based on what my dragy was saying.

I didn't get the dragy until after I'd already put snow tires on the truck, but I could reliably get 3.4s 0-60 with 1ft rollout on the snow tires with obvious tire spin and a frozen battery. No tire spin on the sport tires and it's pulling similar times with it occasionally being only slightly faster. I'd expect to reliably get faster times. The inconsistency is just strange.

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
I'm starting to get a little annoyed that there haven't been any improvements to Phone call and text UX and useability.

Also, using my phone to play podcasts or audiobooks in my Rivian is a terrible experience and there haven't been any improvements to address it. I can't be the only one with these issues.

Phone calls, texts, audio books, and podcasts are MUCH more common (daily) than a random Zoom glitch.
They are working on the media player the most! You would hope the zoom call fix was something minor or maybe a lot of rivian employees had to deal with it, so they fixed that first.

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD

what audiobook app do you use? i use alexa to play my books on audible without requiring the phone. granted, it's been buggy since the last release, but has worked since the get go.

Sponsored

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

I also hope they fix the "Alexa, play 'xyz' on Pandora" and it just does nothing, that's been occurring since the last most-recent update. I know this is a "hack" work-around though, and expect that us Pandora users may be SOL. 😣

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I also hope they fix the "Alexa, play 'xyz' on Pandora" and it just does nothing, that's been occurring since the last most-recent update. I know this is a "hack" work-around though, and expect that us Pandora users may be SOL. 😣
Yes.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
"Fixed a rare issue that didn’t allow the media source icon to appear in the audio panel."

Hopefully they mean this? 😆

1684251406360.png
Nope. This is intentional. Decode it and see...

Last edited:

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
Fixed an occasional issue: Alexa occasionally didn’t play music even when Alexa responded and confirmed the command to play music.
Apparently "occasional" means every day or two. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Like being able to set 3 or more places, such as home / work / etc. -- places you spend a lot of time.
exactly. Or set a temporary place. If I'm going to spend a week in a cabin and not drive, I'd like to limit the vampire drain if I can't plug in.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I think this is just a new glitch. I don't use pandora but I do use amazon music this way. An infotainment reset fixes it for quite a while for me. I just wish we could do them while driving like I can in the Polestar.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
I disagree, it definitely isn't hitting as hard and the amount of delay seems to vary slightly as well. Seems like they have a limitation on torque ramp rate that is lower than what it used to be. It's still very quick, but after doing several launches last week, it doesn't currently seem capable of hitting the 3.0s 0-60 based on what my dragy was saying.

I didn't get the dragy until after I'd already put snow tires on the truck, but I could reliably get 3.4s 0-60 with 1ft rollout on the snow tires with obvious tire spin and a frozen battery. No tire spin on the sport tires and it's pulling similar times with it occasionally being only slightly faster. I'd expect to reliably get faster times. The inconsistency is just strange.
I think the 3.0s metric is for the configuration with 21s, no? I got 3.2s on my 21s in the winter, with less than 80% battery. 20s and 22s should be slower ultimately.

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
I think the 3.0s metric is for the configuration with 21s, no? I got 3.2s on my 21s in the winter, with less than 80% battery. 20s and 22s should be slower ultimately.
no, the 22s should be fastest i think.
Sponsored