Sponsored

How noisy is your front end?

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Has anyone been in an R-T that doesn’t have these or similar noises. My loaner does and the loaner of another poster does as well. Where are all these quiet trucks?
Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Wasn't there a service bulletin very early on about a plate that was missing up there...some sort of spacer?
Hadn't heard that- can you dig that info up? I'd be good to have in hand when they tell me it's 'normal'

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Hadn't heard that- can you dig that info up? I'd be good to have in hand when they tell me it's 'normal'
It was probably last March/April...I'll see if I can find anything.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I had found it at some point, but it is for super early vins. Something like Oct/Nov of 21 I recall.

Rivan

First Name
Rivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Lexus RX350, Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Eng
Clubs

I am wondering if Rivian have someone looking into these forms, but it would be interesting to see when did this issue got introduced, example my VIN is in the mid 15XXX, I noticed someone in the 15XXX also and few others have been driving it for a month or so.. it would be a good thing to have everyone add the time and VIN here.. maybe they will see this and address it later on? just a thought..

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I am wondering if Rivian have someone looking into these forms, but it would be interesting to see when did this issue got introduced, example my VIN is in the mid 15XXX, I noticed someone in the 15XXX also and few others have been driving it for a month or so.. it would be a good thing to have everyone add the time and VIN here.. maybe they will see this and address it later on? just a thought..
I am in 3xxx and reported it to them on my first service trip back in June 22, I believe. They just said "normal" at that time...and they seem to still think it is....or at least keep telling people it is.

Rivan

First Name
Rivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Lexus RX350, Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Eng
Clubs

I am in 3xxx and reported it to them on my first service trip back in June 22, I believe. They just said "normal" at that time...and they seem to still think it is....or at least keep telling people it is.
oh ok then, it looks like its been there for some time.. I know how annoying the noise can be in slow speed with bad road. i feel like something might come off lol, but its been there since long ago ... it might be just matter of time, next improvement?? well just have to wait for that

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Angie, the Bellevue SC manager, just called. I had requested the manager call me about another issue. Let her know about the ever expanding noisy frontend thread on the forum and how we all find this unacceptable and not 'normal.'

AlpMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, 4Runner
Occupation
Doing stuff
Exactly what mine sounds like
Welp, if this is the way its gonna be....might be time to get my order in on a dual motor max pack with the upgraded suspension. Hopefully they'll have engineered all the issue away by then.
That's pretty much exactly what I did; sold my truck Saturday and placed an order for a new one and hope by the time I take delivery that these things will be worked out.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
That's pretty much exactly what I did; sold my truck Saturday and placed an order for a new one and hope by the time I get that these things will be worked out.
I hear ya…did Rivian try and fix any of your issues?

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Wish we could inquire with Johnny what his clangs and clunks were. 🤔

Rivian R1T R1S How noisy is your front end? 366A3A59-1C42-47E7-B763-A3F7410F9239

AlpMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, 4Runner
Occupation
Doing stuff
I hear ya…did Rivian try and fix any of your issues?
Honestly, I didn't really pursue it much with them. The one time I had it in they said it was normal. I had opened a new ticket and over several phone calls with a service advisor they pretty much said yeah that's normal but bring it in and we'll take a look. I'm also not driving that much now days and have another car (4Runner) so I just decided to sell while I can still make a bit of profit and will just get back in the line. I'm also going to switch to an R1S so it kinda worked out in the long run.

AlpMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, 4Runner
Occupation
Doing stuff
I am curious; everyone in this thread seems to be in a T. Anyone have any experience with these sounds on an S? I would assume it's the same but who knows...

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I just dropped my truck off at the Rivian Service Center. They gave me a loaner, another R1T (540 miles on it, mine has 560 miles). The loaner makes the same excat noices as mine. You can hear it in the video I posted here. I'm pretty sure they will tell me that it's normal. I'm no automotive engineer but there is NO way anyone would design any type of supension that would make that noice. They would have heard it during testing. It's either defective parts or inproper install. Rivian probably doesn't have a fix at the moment but are continuing to roll out trucks and plan on addressing it later.
I was just going to ask if newer builds have this issue. With 560 miles, thats a pretty new build, looks like they havent done anything to try to fix these known suspension issues.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I was just going to ask if newer builds have this issue. With 560 miles, thats a pretty new build, looks like they havent done anything to try to fix these known suspension issues.
It sucks they haven't solved, but on positive side, the more that they keep delivering trucks that make noise, and people keep showing up on these forums, maybe we get Rivians attention that just telling us all to live with our noisy suspensions, isn't going to be acceptable.
Sponsored