Sponsored

2022.47.0 software update installed w/ SNOW MODE!

Ronimal

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeep Wagoneer
Add my thumbs up to snow mode! Drove on some packed snow and ice in our balmy -5 MN temperature today. Much more confidence inspiring. Not “blizzaks on a subaru” level of confidence, but enough where you aren’t terrified of the truck getting squirrelly on deceleration. The relaxed throttle is appreciated as well. Not sure if I will need snow tires at this point.
Sponsored

Jack Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette Z06, Cherokee, Nissan Titan, BMW 1200GSA
Add my thumbs up to snow mode! Drove on some packed snow and ice in our balmy -5 MN temperature today. Much more confidence inspiring. Not “blizzaks on a subaru” level of confidence, but enough where you aren’t terrified of the truck getting squirrelly on deceleration. The relaxed throttle is appreciated as well. Not sure if I will need snow tires at this point.
Wife’s car was a Crosstrek on Blizzaks… she couldn’t understand why everyone was going so slow. when the Subie hit 100,000 got her a Jeep Cherokee… i have to reminder her to put it snow mode. She gets mad and asks why every car cant be like a Subaru. I have a feeling an Outback is in the future.

miasm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Anyone else feel that stopping/hold mode feels a bit sloppier? I've noticed more rolling back/forward on slopes when I let off the accel pedal. At a drive through (rut right at the window), it felt like I went back and forth 2-3 times rocking in it before the truck finally decided to stop.

No like. It's sloppy, not assertive.

Grajjie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Ioniq Electric, Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

My truck, in the MI service center, did get it, but my loaner Nissan Kicks has not and still has 122HP FWD (but also Android Auto/Carplay, voice to text, and an aux port so...)
My truck in the Brooklyn service center just got it but my Chevy Colorado rental with the standard check engine light didn't.

Sponsored

SparkyDriver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Airline Pilot
I’m not too particular about a quiet ride, but the motors are noticeably louder. Not my imagination. Maybe something to do with the increased range or regen? Fortunately I kind of like it.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
got the update overnight and woke to a wood stress crack.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
I’m not too particular about a quiet ride, but the motors are noticeably louder. Not my imagination. Maybe something to do with the increased range or regen? Fortunately I kind of like it.
I thought I noticed that as well.

Sponsored

Alex D

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Business Owner
I got to do my first real test in the snow tonight with the new mode. We got 3 inches of powder in the last few hours and the roads weren’t cleared at all.

It’s a big improvement. Stopping is no longer sketchy. The truck manages deceleration super well. But it’s still super playful on acceleration, but not sloppy. It lets you hoon if you want but without a lot of drama if you start going too sideways. I was pleasantly surprised at how playful it still is while being within control. I’m excited to test it more snow!

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

The app controls and location sharing weren’t working until I reset my infotainment. Seems to work fine now. Also noticed that I now get a “camp speaker not connected” error.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Dry pavement run on snow mode with low regen and muted throttle was noticeable. I had been using “standard” regen in AP mode for snow with reasonabe outcomes at low speed, but sketchy results for more aggressive snow driving.

Also tested it several times, low regen still allows OPD and stops the vehicle completely including semi steep downhills. Not a full on coast mode at all. Feels like this is a great middle ground as continuous long descents still need some level of engine braking (in this case regen). Feathering on slick shouldn’t be so pucker factor inducing, and a mistake on the throtte should avoid unleashing 800 horsies on snow.

Confidence restored for winter. I very much appreciate the Rivian response to this need.

MFC all. Merry Christmas.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Installed over night. Truck went into Performance limited turtle mode immediately switching to drive. It went away, but was a worrying start.

Someone suggested the motors are louder and that may be leading me to notice them as well. They seem louder at speeds < 40.

My app’s control screen seems to not be updating after the truck update - no new buttons in the Controls ellipse menu.

Regen was limited on the whole school drive this morning, but no messages on each engagement. 29 degrees/55% batt.

Envelope curve of how regen is applied is visually and physically noticeably different.

I’m also hearing about a 200-300Hz whine coming from the front of the truck when I’m outside. Like a mini-fan or transformer is whining.

Last edited:

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Updated yesterday. Yesterday evening was treated to the first turtle mode in 12k. Went away in about 30 seconds.

Will monitor to see if that shows up more.

Not sure why, but mine took about 2.5 hours to install, too. Thought it was bricked for a while....but then finally jumped a bunch in progress.
Sponsored