myboodai

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I thank god for answering my prayers and thank you all for your support,

I’m grateful for what has happened today.

Rivian have tried to help via OTA but with many failed attempts they couldn’t push the update unfortunately and that was my last hope to solve the problem that was mentioned in my previous thread

( a leap of faith that ends up with regret).

No regrets at last!!

Thanks to @EVS_UAE look them up in instagram (not a paid ad this is pure customer satisfaction experience), these guys made an effort to visit me in Kuwait with the owner of the company himself Mr Saed al Jnaiby and some how reprogrammed the vehicle using software and were able to reset the vehicle plus they used some tricks of their own to wake up the HV battery and they did.

They knew how desperate i was and they also knew how much will it cost me to ship it back to the US and they haven’t took advantage of my situation at all.

Their price was beyond reasonable and it took them around 5 hours to get the truck up and running.

I would like to extend my gratitude to everyone here that tried to help me by commenting in the thread or via msgs and to everyone that showed me that i wasn’t making a wise decision bringing the truck to the other end of the world and asking for support.

The hero of the situation was my dear Brother Fawaz Boodai and my dear cousin Mishary al Khaled whom have directed me to try out @EVS_UAE and it was well worth the shot.

I would definitely recommend “EVS_UAE” to be a Certified Rivian Service in the Middle East since they are already working on a couple of R1T’s and getting them fixed without breaking a sweat.

Rivian R1T R1S My Kuwaiti Rivian has been revived!! 1669158802226

Rivian R1T R1S My Kuwaiti Rivian has been revived!! 1669158827930

The truck is super fun to drive i simply cant wait till morning to get it on the road again.

Warm regards,

Mohammed Boodai

Cheers to you all!!
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
So glad you found them and got your Rivian going again! Hope you enjoy every minute with it.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Glad you were able to get some help.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
AWESOME!!!! I hope you post some pictures and videos of your R1T in action!

Sponsored

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Congratulations! We will be interested to hear what reactions you get to the Rivian from fellow Kuwaitis.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Rivian have tried to help via OTA but with many failed attempts they couldn’t push the update unfortunately and that was my last hope to solve the problem that was mentioned in my previous thread

No regrets at last!!

Thanks to @EVS_UAE look them up in instagram (not a paid ad this is pure customer satisfaction experience), these guys made an effort to visit me in Kuwait with the owner of the company himself Mr Saed al Jnaiby and some how reprogrammed the vehicle using software and were able to reset the vehicle plus they used some tricks of their own to wake up the HV battery and they did.

They knew how desperate i was and they also knew how much will it cost me to ship it back to the US and they haven’t took advantage of my situation at all.

Their price was beyond reasonable and it took them around 5 hours to get the truck up and running.

I would like to extend my gratitude to everyone that tried to help me by commenting in the thread or via msgs and to everyone that showed me that i wasn’t making a wise decision bringing the truck to the other end of the world and asking for support.

The hero of the situation was my dear Brother Fawaz Boodai and my dear cousin Mishary al Khaled whom have directed me to try out @EVS_UAE and it was well worth the shot.

I would definitely recommend “EVS_UAE” to be a Certified Rivian Service in the Middle East since they are already working on a couple of R1T’s and getting them fixed without breaking a sweat.

1669158802226.png

1669158827930.png

The truck is super fun to drive i simply cant wait till morning to get it on the road again.

Warm regards,

Mohammed Boodai

Cheers to you all!!
Awesome man! Glad you got it up and running again!

My wife's uncle has a law firm in Kuwait, and always sends me photos of his desert overlanding adventures (lots of getting stuck in the dunes) Looks like so much fun though.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti
Clubs

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
Great news! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully it wasn’t too expensive to fix. Maybe Rivian can learn from this.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Cool, glad to hear you were able to get it resolved. If I'm ever in Kuwait City, I'll look you up.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

No regrets at last!!

I would like to extend my gratitude to everyone here that tried to help me by commenting in the thread or via msgs and to everyone that showed me that i wasn’t making a wise decision bringing the truck to the other end of the world and asking for support.

1669158802226.png

1669158827930.png

Warm regards,

Mohammed Boodai

Cheers to you all!!
I am so happy for you!

I hope you have a lot of fun adventures with your Rivian. I know that I have no right to ask you for anything but if it is not too much trouble please post pictures and videos when you’re out having fun with it. I think a lot of members here would enjoy seeing the scenery there.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Congrats @myboodai! I hope you get an opportunity now to experience the joys of Rivian ownership like Rivian owners in the US have.

I'm very glad Rivian was at least willing to to work with you remotely.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

That’s awesome! I’m so glad you got it going and now also have some future support for your supertruck! Pictures would be nice if you get a chance.
Sponsored