Sponsored

R1T Without Tonneau Option Delivered

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

A new owner on Reddit has received an R1T without the tonneau option. This is the first I’ve seen. You can see the different button in the image below.

Unfortunately, it seems like the owner did not realize they had to re-add the tonneau option after the price change and never intended to receive a truck without it.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Without Tonneau Option Delivered 7C583B89-746D-4B96-AB12-C199724DC9FB
P

Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
First we've seen. Notice the tailgate button is different. On Reddit, the OP says they didn't know they had to re-add the option after the pricing fiasco.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
This is the biggest accidental development since the 3/1 pricing fiasco!

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

First I've read about without the tonneau. I've read about people not realizing when they change their wheel configurations they don't realize the spare may get dropped, and needs to be re-added. Anytime I change my config I make sure everything is still there. It is unfortunate the guide didn't mention the lack of a tonneau to them, but the guide may not have realized it either. And it isn't the guides responsibility to make sure the customer has everything they want selected. Several people here have said they would rather skip the tonneau and get one aftermarket. Here's hoping they can still order a manual one once they are available, if they want.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Oooof. It’s one of the first things mentioned in the infamous March 1st email.

Vehicle base pricing and the cost of certain options, upgrades and accessories have increased. On R1T Adventure and Explore packages, the tonneau cover is now a selectable upgrade.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Am I the only one who just wants more detail on what the build without the tonneau involves? How well sealed is the entry to the slat storage area? I see the button is different, anything else?
Someone in the forum was told by Rivian the space is empty and the bed looks the same, including the horizontal slot that the tonneau would slide back and forth on.

Sponsored

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Someone in the forum was told by Rivian the space is empty and the bed looks the same, including the horizontal slot that the tonneau would slide back and forth on.
So an inaccessible void? Would be nice if it was extra storage.

I would happily "downgrade" my nonfunctional power tonneau to a manual.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
So an inaccessible void? Would be nice if it was extra storage.

I would happily "downgrade" my nonfunctional power tonneau to a manual.
That’s what Rivian CS told someone else here in the forum. But that is obviously speculation without more info. I agree with you - I would love for that to be a neat little locking storage box vs a tonneau.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Great news... I know a few of us have stuck w/our "no tonneau" or "manual tonneau" config, looks like they may be actually delivering! I have a "manual tonneau" config, but they can deliver without the manual panels and ship those to me later if it gets me my R1T faster.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
I know mistakes happen, but for the life of me I can't understand NOT going over your configuration at least once a week and being hyper detailed about buying this vehicle. I feel like I could go through the configuration page blindfolded haha

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I know mistakes happen, but for the life of me I can't understand NOT going over your configuration at least once a week and being hyper detailed about buying this vehicle. I feel like I could go through the configuration page blindfolded haha
Why go over it weekly when the wait is in geological time?

I set my configuration at preorder time. The only changes I made was adding a couple of accessories, and ensuring the power tonneau was added back in when I saw the March 1 email.

The time it’s necessary to review configuration is when it is being confirmed and converted to an actual order
Sponsored