Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Sorry for the bad photos. VIN 118xx. Only one magnet on frunk load floor. Don’t know if this has been noted before. Used to be two.

5203307F-734C-446B-809A-E92C7C01707B.jpeg

F16A4256-AA63-47A2-8585-39BFF43152E1.jpeg

E50CADB1-2BE2-42D7-A467-F59BA348A74B.jpeg
The magnet is on the middle now?
Sponsored

Lpotter86

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Yes

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

And I imagine all this taking away of features is done without Any official announcement... just a quiet removal or mention on the website

Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

As long as they are taking things out-they should keep going with the bloody glass roof.
Frankly, Munro is so old I don’t know what he knows about anything anymore. It’s so painful to watch him that after 2 videos I couldn’t anymore.
Besides, removing practicality from an adventure vehicle will just turn it into simply any other car/truck out there (powertrain excluded).

QGessner

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Refrigerated tub in the front seems like the best feature ever. That's not one to avoid; it's marketing heaven.

If it's a matter of trying to avoid condensation or drippage on what's below, I would think that a waterproof bottom and a properly routed drain hose would be a better answer.

I say this without having looked at it; just spitballing here.
That is one of the features I was looking forward too. I want to be able to plug in my cooler/freezer and place it in the frunk - seems like the best place. I wish that Rivian would stop cutting corners - this is NOT why I have a reservation in for an R1T.

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
I wonder if this was done primarily for cost-cutting or if they want to actively dissuade people from putting refrigerators in the front? I suppose the latter is futile, however, given the proximity and ease of accessing the 12V batteries.
f...g Munro guy told them and they took his advice. While the old fart might not have a need for 12v in the front, i did plan on using the frunk on my inflatable standup paddle board (SUP) and an electric pump. their air hose plugs are not meant for SUP design--i asked.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RivianuserR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40, Volkswagen E-Golf
Regarding communication: I don't think it's fair to expect Rivian to send out an email to it's customers everytime a minor detail is changed.

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

DC9EA75B-135C-4055-B71F-49A1D1B52298.jpeg

…But the cost savings here!
Yeah but finding a bunch of different $1 savings adds up once you are making 100k vehicles. One less outlet here, a magnet there, single molded part instead of needing 10 screws and bolts, etc etc. knock $100 off the total cost and over 100k vehicles you just saved $10m dollars.
I would obviously prefer they start with efficiencies that don’t impact the user, but I understand and respect the intent.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Yeah but finding a bunch of different $1 savings adds up once you are making 100k vehicles. One less outlet here, a magnet there, single molded part instead of needing 10 screws and bolts, etc etc. knock $100 off the total cost and over 100k vehicles you just saved $10m dollars.
I would obviously prefer they start with efficiencies that don’t impact the user, but I understand and respect the intent.
But why now? Why wasn't this done before deliveries began? Or it could wait for the next model year, for example... But why now? Seems weird.