Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

People should email CS, Tony, RJ or whomever else to tell them they want the 12v back.

I have lived without a fridge in my car my whole life, so it’s not like I will miss it, but for some, the frunk fridge option was a real selling point.

My Guide told me they removed it because they felt like people weren’t using it.
I haven't used mine but I use my outlets all the time in the bed and they ruined that too with the timer.
Sponsored

Deacon

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I picked up my r1t Wednesday and was very disappointed that the 12 volt frunk outlet is no more. For me a refrigerator is much more useful than a camp kitchen.

Deacon

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

People should email CS, Tony, RJ or whomever else to tell them they want the 12v back.

I have lived without a fridge in my car my whole life, so it’s not like I will miss it, but for some, the frunk fridge option was a real selling point.

My Guide told me they removed it because they felt like people weren’t using it.
I will definitely let my guide know.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I could lose the flash light and useless camp speaker (and third row and have bit more second row legroom).
Mid October announcement!!!!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Mine didn't come with a fleshlight.

I'll check as soon as I can, but I think with the over-the-air update I lost my 12 volt outlet...
Wow...already huh

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Mine didn't come with a fleshlight.

I'll check as soon as I can, but I think with the over-the-air update I lost my 12 volt outlet...
Are u kidding?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

So disappointed this was missing when we picked up our R1T last week (vin 120xx). First road trip is this weekend and we had to put the cooler in the back seat…now the frunk is relegated to an oversized storage abyss.
Probably their plan originally

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I blame sandy munro
Told you guys that getting Sandy involved wasn't necessarily a good thing. In his early videos when they were looking at the dash and the quality of materials - he said something like "I don't know how Rivian is making money!"

This is the first shot in a long line of shots that are coming.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

These are the reasons I jumped on the r1t shop as soon as I could. Paid more for the tonneau and change the color I had initially wanted because I was sure by the time my order was filled it would be a two motor version.
Psychic 🔮

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Told you guys that getting Sandy involved wasn't necessarily a good thing. In his early videos when they were looking at the dash and the quality of materials - he said something like "I don't know how Rivian is making money!"

This is the first shot in a long line of shots that are coming.
Nothing but good news again.

Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Nothing but good news again.
Honestly, my fear with Sandy's involvement is that he's going to turn Rivian into Tesla in terms of quality. Sandy is driven to do exactly two things: reduce cost and complexity. That's it. That is what people hire them for.

He raves about Tesla all the time. I am all in on Rivian exactly because I think they are the anti-Tesla. If they start behaving like Tesla in terms of quality and service, I'm out.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Honestly, my fear with Sandy's involvement is that he's going to turn Rivian into Tesla in terms of quality. Sandy is driven to do exactly two things: reduce cost and complexity. That's it. That is what people hire them for.

He raves about Tesla all the time. I am all in on Rivian exactly because I think they are the anti-Tesla. If they start behaving like Tesla in terms of quality and service, I'm out.
I sincerely hope not

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Sorry for the bad photos. VIN 118xx. Only one magnet on frunk load floor. Don’t know if this has been noted before. Used to be two.

5203307F-734C-446B-809A-E92C7C01707B.jpeg

F16A4256-AA63-47A2-8585-39BFF43152E1.jpeg

E50CADB1-2BE2-42D7-A467-F59BA348A74B.jpeg
Does it still feel fairly secure with only 1 magnet?
Sponsored