Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Only a 1400 mile drive from my house. I hope they can get some RAN chargers up and running a bit closer to here. The likelihood of my family driving that far out west is pretty dang low.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
https://rivian.com/newsroom/article/rivian-adventure-network-launches-in-colorado-california

Rivian Adventure Network fast charging launches in Colorado, California

Press Release

June 27, 2022

Rivian opens three fast charging sites this week in Colorado and California, the first deployments in its nationwide Rivian Adventure Network. These “Level 3” DC fast charging sites will initially provide over 200 kilowatts of power, allowing Rivian drivers to add as much as 140 miles of range in just 20 minutes and creating new opportunities for sustainable adventure far from home.

The first Rivian Adventure Network site in Salida, Colorado opened to the public on Monday, June 27 with four chargers, including a pull-through charger to accommodate vehicles towing trailers. The site also hosts four “Level 2” Rivian Waypoints chargers, which are available for use by any EV – not just Rivian vehicles – through the Rivian smartphone app. Thanks to its natural beauty and abundant nearby recreational opportunities, Salida is an ideal location for Rivian’s first fast charging site. The second and third Adventure Network sites in Inyokern and Bishop, California, will open on June 28 and 29. These California sites support frequently visited areas like Yosemite National Park, Sequoia National Forest, Mammoth Lakes, and Death Valley National Park.

“We designed Rivian charging to support electrified adventure, and these first sites demonstrate how we’re enabling drivers to responsibly reach some of the nation’s most breathtaking natural spaces,” said Trent Warnke, Rivian’s Senior Director of Energy and Charging Solutions. “In addition to scenic or off-the-beaten-path destinations, our fast charging rollout is designed to ensure travelers have places to charge along major transportation corridors coast to coast.”

Recognizing that vehicle electrification is only one step in reducing environmental impact, Rivian is matching charging on Rivian Adventure Network and Waypoints chargers with 100% renewable energy on an annual basis. Rivian is engaging directly with clean energy developers and operators to promote tangible contributions to a cleaner grid when drivers plug in. To support this initiative, Rivian is building a portfolio of high-impact renewable projects around the country that balance technologies, location, and energy solutions. Integrating these solutions into a company-wide sustainability strategy is a foundational step on our path toward net-zero carbon emissions.

Rivian will continue opening Rivian Adventure Network sites with an initial goal of 3,500 fast chargers at 600 sites across North America.

Updated with video from @OutofSpecKyle

Last edited by a moderator:

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
300kW charging?! Or is that for the whole cabinet? If it’s for a cabinet of 3 chargers, that seems like it might throttle if even 2 rivians plug in.

lmr

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat B7, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Technical Product Management
Clubs

Only a 1400 mile drive from my house. I hope they can get some RAN chargers up and running a bit closer to here. The likelihood of my family driving that far out west is pretty dang low.
Seeing that your location shows as Michigan, there is supposedly already one being constructed off of I-75 in Grayling, Michigan, with more expected along that corridor, and elsewhere in the state.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Seeing that your location shows as Michigan, there is supposedly already one being constructed off of I-75 in Grayling, Michigan, with more expected along that corridor, and elsewhere in the state.
I've been watching that site on plugshare. Doesn't seem to be much progress on it at all. We are taking a trip up through there at the end of next month, so I'll be stopping and taking a couple photos. Really would be awesome if it was ready to go by then, but I'm doubtful.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
So the next earnings report they can report they have started opening the RAN DCFC network. They will have 3 running by the end of the quarter.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Looks like the @Pixelshot pics show one unit is pull-through and @OutofSpecKyle confirmed that on Facebook. So at least they have that going for it.

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Hi all, just finished up the Salida launch event. Internet and cell was terrible so I couldn’t get more than this vid up. Charged up on the charger too! More to come!!

Sponsored

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '87 LJ70, 73' Porsche 914 (EV Conversion)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Hi all, just finished up the Salida launch event. Internet and cell was terrible so I couldn’t get more than this vid up. Charged up on the charger too! More to come!!

Thanks!
Salida is our usual base of operations for skiing at Monarch. This will come in handy.
I'm curious, @Pixelshot , how did you get word that the launch was scheduled for today?

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '87 LJ70, 73' Porsche 914 (EV Conversion)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

A little out of the way but I'll have to make these Colorado chargers a POI on my road trip to the midwest this summer.
Sponsored