Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

Anyone know anyone who switched from an S to a T and if so, how much earlier their delivery window got?
I’m weighing it pretty heavily. I understand why anyone that just got bumped six months from now wouldn’t do it, but with my delivery windows originally being 6 months from now… I’m assuming I’m planning on a year from now. So if I switch to T now, hopefully get that or at least the shop in the next 3 months. I’ll place another ressy for an S, which they’re now saying is “late 2023”.. I could take the tax credit this year and next year, add in my preorder “discounted” price, and I should be able to flip my T after a year or so cover the price hike Rivian did no problem. Sorry if this is convoluted and messy lol… just working it out in my head.

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
I’m what CS says has to be true! They told me they saw an El Cap and a Limestone unicorn go down the line just yesterday and I, for one, believe every word ;-)
Fight On!

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
April ‘19 reservation, LE, originally May/June window. About 5 miles from OC HQ and about 10 miles from service center. Crickets on new date.

sting66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP
I have an original estimate June-July 2022 for an R1S LE, FG/OC. No email on delivery update so far. Contacted Rivian via chat just now, I was told I'd get an update within the next couple weeks. I was also told there's no guarantee my delivery schedule would move up even if I switch from OC to BM.

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I have an original estimate June-July 2022 for an R1S LE, FG/OC. No email on delivery update so far. Contacted Rivian via chat just now, I was told I'd get an update within the next couple weeks. I was also told there's no guarantee my delivery schedule would move up even if I switch from OC to BM.
Nobody with Ocean Coast has received an updated window yet since Rivian is probably still figuring out if/when they can make it. Even though the CS script says there's no guarantee of moving up by switching to BM, all reasonable logic says you'll take delivery of something they can produce sooner than something they can't produce. The same holds for switching from R1S to R1T.

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
I am waiting as well but you are the earliest I’ve heard without any update here. Rest of the LEs seem later orders.

I am BM interior so I would how thought that could have helped.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
I am waiting as well but you are the earliest I’ve heard without any update here. Rest of the LEs seem later orders.

There’s a handful here of April- May LE, some with guides assigned, a couple 2018s…

Last edited:

noev4me

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85 , R1T, R1S

I am still waiting for an update and I just switch my interior last week from OC to BM.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

BEWARE Ocean Coast Pre-order Holders! I have been contacted by Rivian many times to ask whether I'd consider switching to a different interior (usually Black Mountain), and I have always declined. Today, I logged into my configuration to discover that someone at Rivian had changed my configuration (without my consent!) to Black Mountain. I am working with my Guide to change it back now. Y'all may want to make sure this didn't happen to you as well.
Sounds like an inside job....

Sponsored

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
First post in this forum.

Located in Irvine, CA where HQ is located and service center
Original configuration unchanged: R1S LE El Cap Granite, Black Mountain, 22" wheels
Deposit Dec. 4, 2018 (more than 1288 days but who is counting :)
First email update on delivery window in 2022: April/May 2022
First contact from Guide: April 11, 2022
First conversation with Guide: April 13, 2022
Configuration confirmed with Guide: April 13, 2022
Signed Prelim Buyers Agreement: April 15, 2022
Contact with Guide through May indicated no change to delivery window
Then Caravano email #1 last week followed by Caravano email #2 last week
And finally the hammer dropped with my delivery window slipping to Oct. to Dec. 2022

For everyone speculating about service center impacting delivery, that does not sound right given my location in Irvine. My configuration (unchanged) was supposed to be a setup for quicker delivery. My priority as a deposit holder is likely first 1,000. All signs pointed to no further delay in delivery, but here we are.

Understand supply chain and startup issues. Communication from Rivian is horrible. Very disappointed in the latest delay.

Now looking at Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

First post in this forum.

Located in Irvine, CA where HQ is located and service center
Original configuration unchanged: R1S LE El Cap Granite, Black Mountain, 22" wheels
Deposit Dec. 4, 2018 (more than 1288 days but who is counting :)
First email update on delivery window in 2022: April/May 2022
First contact from Guide: April 11, 2022
First conversation with Guide: April 13, 2022
Configuration confirmed with Guide: April 13, 2022
Signed Prelim Buyers Agreement: April 15, 2022
Contact with Guide through May indicated no change to delivery window
Then Caravano email #1 last week followed by Caravano email #2 last week
And finally the hammer dropped with my delivery window slipping to Oct. to Dec. 2022

For everyone speculating about service center impacting delivery, that does not sound right given my location in Irvine. My configuration (unchanged) was supposed to be a setup for quicker delivery. My priority as a deposit holder is likely first 1,000. All signs pointed to no further delay in delivery, but here we are.

Understand supply chain and startup issues. Communication from Rivian is horrible. Very disappointed in the latest delay.

Now looking at Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo.
Instead of R1S??? Or just to hold u over the next 3 yrs?

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
Well at least Porsche has been around 90 years and they are actually delivering cars that can be driven. I know that Taycan's have an inflated price right now, but pretty sure Porsche will be continue stick around and deliver cars. What is this R1S thing you speak of?
Sponsored