AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

They didn't promise a date, but they did say that Rivian would announce the timing of a "longer range R1S after launch". Launch was supposed to be August 2021 for the R1S.
If they had said they wouldn't be offering a longer range R1S in 2021 or 2022 (maybe even 2023), then many of us would have gone for the LE. I know I would have.
Same
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Tesla, for its many, many faults, was and is vastly better at communicating and managing customer expectations IMHO.
Is it though….. I’m thinking Tesla Semi, Tesla Roadster, Cybertruck, FSD, autonomous taxis….

Not saying they are worse but to say they are better, much less vastly better seems a fare stretch from reality.

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Is it though….. I’m thinking Tesla Semi, Tesla Roadster, Cybertruck, FSD, autonomous taxis….

Not saying they are worse but to say they are better, much less vastly better seems a fare stretch from reality.
It’s all opinion of course, but my personal experience with Tesla has been good from day one. They were a bit farther along (my VIN is 78***) than Rivian is at this point, but I was able to order and receive a car in a reasonable time frame, exactly as expected. I’ve needed little maintenance, and most of that has been by Rangers in my driveway..

I’ve had two issues while on long trips, and both times Tesla responded quickly and effectivel. I couldn’t have asked for better service.

I do realize that many people have had different experiences (ironically it seems especially in places like southern California where there’s way more infrastructure) but my experience has been uniformly good..

I did place an early Cybertruck order, but was quite confident i’d see the Rivian first. Now I’m beginning to wonder…

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Has anyone received an updated timeline this week?

There were a flurry of updates after Tony's email on June 11 but I haven't heard of more coming in.

It seems that Rivian again seems intent on failing to meet its 2 week window of updating folks (which is the third such miss on updates since late April).
I haven't heard sh!t. Sunday should be 2 weeks, but a previous post in this thread said that CS informed them that Tony's email actually includes all of next week.
I don't know why I want that update so badly, because all it is going to do is move me backward once again. I could say that I then know how bad it will be, but I really thought my current window was how bad it will be.

j23HAP

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE GW, R1S LE Midnight
I haven't heard sh!t. Sunday should be 2 weeks, but a previous post in this thread said that CS informed them that Tony's email actually includes all of next week.
I don't know why I want that update so badly, because all it is going to do is move me backward once again. I could say that I then know how bad it will be, but I really thought my current window was how bad it will be.
Yep. CS now says that R1S delivery window updates will be communicated by Friday 7/1/22. Ridiculous!

Sponsored

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
Spoke with CS today as I could not reach my Guide. Here is what I was told:
1) if you received an email update with a window further out in 2022 or 23, then that is the only update available at this time.
2) Rivian only began building R1S's for early deposit holders (2018/19) in May. Production delays caused delivery delays.
3) No further delivery window updates are likely until later this year (my window is Oct-Dec 2022).
4) Delivery windows of 3 months are atypical and likely going forward windows will be in 6 month increments.

Andy96734

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX 90D 2016
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Thank you for your preorder and your commitment to helping us create a more sustainable world. As we continue to assess our supply chain and build plans, we want to provide an update on your estimated delivery window.

Your Launch Edition R1S estimated delivery window is October - December 2022

Your delivery window estimate is based on your preorder date, delivery location and current configuration. Here’s why your window has shifted:​
  1. Supply chain
    As we’ve continued to navigate a tight supply chain, we’ve had to reduce complexity wherever possible, including prioritizing certain build combinations over others.
  2. Service Infrastructure
    We continue to prioritize deliveries in locations where service infrastructure is in place so that we can provide the full ownership experience to Rivian owners from day one.

We’re grateful for your continued support and will continue to keep you updated. Your preorder is a vote for finding better ways of doing things on a planet that needs all of us to innovate for the future. If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

Thank you again for being on this journey with us.​
And for those of us ’18 preorders with no delivery window still:
Reposting here today’s CS reply to my query of weeks ago re my long passed July-Sep Delivery Window; Here is the second paragraph of my reply from CS. 1st para apologizes for delay due to high volume etc. “Our previous timeline for the end of summer has changed. We will communicate your expected timeline in late October for preorder holders like yourself still awaiting a delivery update. The next communication you can expect will be by the end of September, including additional details to know what to anticipate with October’s delivery communication.” Third para the normal thanks for being a Customer etc. Round and round we go…..corp comms still a fail.
Sponsored