Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
First post in this forum.

Located in Irvine, CA where HQ is located and service center
Original configuration unchanged: R1S LE El Cap Granite, Black Mountain, 22" wheels
Deposit Dec. 4, 2018 (more than 1288 days but who is counting :)
First email update on delivery window in 2022: April/May 2022
First contact from Guide: April 11, 2022
First conversation with Guide: April 13, 2022
Configuration confirmed with Guide: April 13, 2022
Signed Prelim Buyers Agreement: April 15, 2022
Contact with Guide through May indicated no change to delivery window
Then Caravano email #1 last week followed by Caravano email #2 last week
And finally the hammer dropped with my delivery window slipping to Oct. to Dec. 2022

For everyone speculating about service center impacting delivery, that does not sound right given my location in Irvine. My configuration (unchanged) was supposed to be a setup for quicker delivery. My priority as a deposit holder is likely first 1,000. All signs pointed to no further delay in delivery, but here we are.

Understand supply chain and startup issues. Communication from Rivian is horrible. Very disappointed in the latest delay.

Now looking at Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo.
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your delay.

I have the exact same configuration you have but you have been in line several months ahead of me. I am 10 minutes from the Costa Mesa service center and have the same window as you.
Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender

Original configuration unchanged: R1S LE El Cap Granite, Black Mountain, 22" wheels
And finally the hammer dropped with my delivery window slipping to Oct. to Dec. 2022

For everyone speculating about service center impacting delivery, that does not sound right given my location in Irvine. My configuration (unchanged) was supposed to be a setup for quicker delivery. My priority as a deposit holder is likely first 1,000. All signs pointed to no further delay in delivery, but here we are.

Understand supply chain and startup issues. Communication from Rivian is horrible. Very disappointed in the latest delay.

We’re close, cept no new window for me…good luck…

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
BTW my son's friend has an R1T (non-employee). He got it many months ago and has been to the service center recently for SW updates/etc. He is a Rivian fan. They do have R1S's ready for delivery to employees. He has seen them on-site.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7

Sorry! I'm a day one R1S LE Launch Green/BM 20" dark in Los Angeles. 4/1 Guide, 4/21 PBA signed... March/April, now Oct/Dec.

I bought a Palisade yesterday over email at MSRP and they delivered it to my home today, just like Rivian was supposed to do while ago. Didn't want to do it, but needed a car as I sold last year right before the Aug delay. I'll evaluate how best to handle the Palisade and R1S when we get an actual delivery date. Good luck.

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3

Almost exact same situation and pattern but in the Bay Area. Also cross shopping the x turismo. Plenty capable off road based on our of specs testing. Only concern is breakover angle bc I live in the hills (east bay) and my current car drags on the ground.

Sponsored

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

I'm a 12/3/18 order, about 20 miles from the SC in Atlanta. Launch Green / Forest Edge, 22" bright. I'm counting the days: 1,290 and counting... No drive event, no guide contact, no nothing. Date pushed from May/June to Oct-Dec. Up until a week prior to the latest delay, I was told my delivery window was still accurate. I was told in May it was "on track." So I feel your pain, man. I feel your pain. Had Rivian told us back in... oh, March... hey, we're behind for whatever reason, we're going to deliver to employees first like we did with the R1T, we're working to get new dates to you but it'll take a couple of months, but know the first non-employee deliveries aren't going to happen until late summer or early fall - that would have been understandable. None of us would have liked it, but you respect the willingness to give the hard news. This acting like everything is great and then pushing it months at the last minute. That's just poor form.

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
This is exactly right! It is not the issues causing the delay, it is the miscommunication and false hope provided by the company when they know full well they cannot deliver on time. Clear and concise and accurate communication seems pretty straightforward. If the company cannot get that right, how much confidence can anyone have that they will get supply chain right, and manufacturing right, and scaled production right, and service right, etc. . . Shareholders seem to agree.

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lightning
Updated
@Rivian, @RJScaringe

R1S
Nov27,2018 resv.
LE CY 22” wheels, guide assigned, PBA signed.
Got emails today. So disappointing RIVIAN! What are you doing? Why are others in the same area, getting a delivery date before me when they resv. on 7/2020? Not the right way to treat your long time customers. So frustrated and unhappy with your company. Why don’t you do the right thing and deliver the R1S in the order you received. DO THE RIGHT THING FOR A CHANGE JUST LIKE YOU DID FOR THE PRICE INCREASE!!

F94AF5E1-B78A-4D1B-BDDB-012E0B484992.jpeg

Page 5 post #63

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
To their great credit, they remedied the situation within 24 hours. Am back to my Ocean Coast interior (and eternal wait...)
I’m glad to see others with me on the eternal wait for OC.

noev4me

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85 , R1T, R1S
This is exactly right! It is not the issues causing the delay, it is the miscommunication and false hope provided by the company when they know full well they cannot deliver on time. Clear and concise and accurate communication seems pretty straightforward. If the company cannot get that right, how much confidence can anyone have that they will get supply chain right, and manufacturing right, and scaled production right, and service right, etc. . . Shareholders seem to agree.
100%

Sponsored

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Fully agree. I have yet to receive any updated windows. I also didn't receive the email that they needed 2 weeks to send updates. I only saw that on the forum. For customers (like me) who have gotten no updates recently. All we have to go by is our original windows.

Nov 2021: R1S LE will be delivered (to Canada) July to September 2022
Dec 2021: R1T Adventure will be delivered October to December 2022
..... nothing
June 6: "Introducing the R1 Shop" email: "This week, we’ll be updating delivery window estimates for some preorder holders.....Preorder holders with updated delivery window estimates in 2022....Preorder holders who no longer have delivery window estimates in 2022.....For all other preorder holders, we plan to share updated delivery window estimates on a rolling basis through the remainder of the year."

Silence since then. If it wasn't for the forum. I'd have no clue what is going on and would just have to assume that if I didn't hear anything, my original window was till correct because I didn't get notified that I had an updated window...nor did I hear that my 2022 windows are no longer in 2022. Asking CS is useless.

Rivian hasn't bothered to communicate to any of us Canadians that there is no way it is delivering anything to us in the next 3 months. Yet we are all sitting here with delivery windows that start in 2 weeks.... The communication is absolutely terrible - there is no way that they JUST realized last week that they couldn't meet these windows. Their last SEC filing said they weren't expecting to get Transport Canada approval until September. So this was known months ago at least. But...still we wait.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I just had a thought. Of those who received August-September R1S estimates, is there anyone who cancelled their order in March and had it restored? Likewise, did those with an order from 2018 that got pushed to October-December happen to cancel their order and restore it? Perhaps there is a correlation there that is not reflected simply in location and configuration.

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Fully agree. I have yet to receive any updated windows. I also didn't receive the email that they needed 2 weeks to send updates. I only saw that on the forum. For customers (like me) who have gotten no updates recently. All we have to go by is our original windows.

Nov 2021: R1S LE will be delivered (to Canada) July to September 2022
Dec 2021: R1T Adventure will be delivered October to December 2022
..... nothing
June 6: "Introducing the R1 Shop" email: "This week, we’ll be updating delivery window estimates for some preorder holders.....Preorder holders with updated delivery window estimates in 2022....Preorder holders who no longer have delivery window estimates in 2022.....For all other preorder holders, we plan to share updated delivery window estimates on a rolling basis through the remainder of the year."

Silence since then. If it wasn't for the forum. I'd have no clue what is going on and would just have to assume that if I didn't hear anything, my original window was till correct because I didn't get notified that I had an updated window...nor did I hear that my 2022 windows are no longer in 2022. Asking CS is useless.

Rivian hasn't bothered to communicate to any of us Canadians that there is no way it is delivering anything to us in the next 3 months. Yet we are all sitting here with delivery windows that start in 2 weeks.... The communication is absolutely terrible - there is no way that they JUST realized last week that they couldn't meet these windows. Their last SEC filing said they weren't expecting to get Transport Canada approval until September. So this was known months ago at least. But...still we wait.
I think it's safe to say that you will be in 2023 at this point.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
I think it's safe to say that you will be in 2023 at this point.
Oh...I am sure. The issue is that I have only come to that realization based on these forums. Rivian hasn't communicated that at all officially (and so far I've seen no Canadian's report any updated windows). So they are likely delaying Canadian deliveries (of either vehicle) by > 6 months at least..if not 12 months. Yet they haven't actually communicated that despite the current delivery windows starting very soon. Only those of us on the forums are expecting a delay at this point.

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Oh...I am sure. The issue is that I have only come to that realization based on these forums. Rivian hasn't communicated that at all officially (and so far I've seen no Canadian's report any updated windows). So they are likely delaying Canadian deliveries (of either vehicle) by > 6 months at least..if not 12 months. Yet they haven't actually communicated that despite the current delivery windows starting very soon. Only those of us on the forums are expecting a delay at this point.
Yes no question that comms across the board have been poor and that Rivian is learning the hard way that the quickest way to piss off loyal customers is to go dark on them. That being said as a fellow R1S reservation holder I will say that for the first time the estimates they are putting out are likely at least directionally correct at this point, and that in the next few months if you start to see reservation holders actually getting their vehicles then that bodes well for your delivery next year. Only time will tell but it 'feels' more real this time around.
Sponsored