Sponsored

Satisfaction level with assigned guide: Helpfulness, Knowledge, Responsivness

• Total voters

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Has anyone heard if the layoffs will impact their Guide?

I could see Rivian going away from Guides overtime but think they'd need to replace them with some sort of "sales/facilitator" role. Only having a generic CS chat or number would not be a great way to go through the purchase process.
Sponsored

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T

I could see Rivian going away from Guides overtime but think they'd need to replace them with some sort of "sales/facilitator" role. Only having a generic CS chat or number would not be a great way to go through the purchase process.
When I saw the layoffs this morning I pinged my Guide to see if he responded. He did respond with about an hour and assured me my truck is still slated to arrive in mid-February on the slowest train that ever crossed the country.

So it does not appear to have impacted my particular Guide in Costa Mesa.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

My guide responded to me after the announcements, so unless they are waiting to tell people they were let go, it hasn't happened to mine.

Hankenstein

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Prius, 2023 R1T
Clubs

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Did Rivian or the new Guide send you an update? Or did you just notice you had someone new assigned to your account on Rivian.com?
I had a new guide as well in the last few days. There was no updated provided, I just happened to be on my account and noticed a new name assigned to me.

Hankenstein

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Prius, 2023 R1T
Clubs

Did Rivian or the new Guide send you an update? Or did you just notice you had someone new assigned to your account on Rivian.com?
What DTown said.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
When I saw the layoffs this morning I pinged my Guide to see if he responded. He did respond with about an hour and assured me my truck is still slated to arrive in mid-February on the slowest train that ever crossed the country.

So it does not appear to have impacted my particular Guide in Costa Mesa.
Very different experience than my 4 business days from 8 steps to delivery...

tren01t

First Name
Lennert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Chemist
Met my new guide Delfin on Monday and he was awesome. We chatted for an hour and we got a real good understanding of each other. I did check to see if he was affected with the 6% reduction in labor force. In my account, he is still listed and I did send a sms out for a welfare check.
So we will see.....

Bassface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limestone R1T Quad
Occupation
UX Research
Clubs

I just finished the 8 Steps and will pick up my R1T on Saturday. My guide, Erik, has been absolutely fantastic. Always responds within 6 hours. Helped us with a wire transfer gone awry. Even sent me a Rivian bandana for my dog! A true concierge experience that far exceeded my expectations.

Erik told me he only serves California and Colorado... and he is responsible for about 500 customers 😲

I sure hope Erik wasn't fired today.

Sponsored

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
My guide is Sam. He has been extremely responsive and answered all of my questions/concerns. No issue with Sam. He found me a R1S that nearly matched my config that I was very happy to accept. Just waiting for inspection to be completed to schedule delivery. Sam has kept me in the loop from when the vehicle left the factory to when it arrived at the service center.

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

After delivery, do people still interact with their guide much? Or do you primarily work through general customer service afterwards?

I've had a rather unpleasant time with my guide so far being unresponsive. I'm actually surprised because I have the same guide as someone else here that gave positive feedback from their comms.

The two times I've reached out with questions since getting my 8 steps 7 weeks ago, I've waited a full week with no response and had to send in a "Hey checking on this email" bug message both times. Text, email, and phone for contact haven't made any difference.

Today was probably the most disappointing, as I received my notification my R1T was ready for delivery and step 8 was unlocked. However, the delivery webpage has the dreaded "No appointments available" message that necessitates going through your guide to setup delivery. No response all day to text, call, VM and no OOO reply either. CS chat says getting your delivery setup in this can only be done by your guide.

Wondering if I should be checking with Rivian to see if I can change guides, or I just deal with it and get through delivery provided I won't have to worry about this guide being a bottleneck afterwards.

rodri257

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350, RT1, Camry
Occupation
Physician
Hi y’all,
I am new to the forum. Ordered RS1 in 2019 (still pending), and awaiting delivery of RT1 shortly. Just wondering how everyone’s experience has been with their assigned guide. My guide has been pleasant. However, it has been challenging to communicate with on a timely basis. Emails frequently go unanswered. I haven’t gotten responses when I leave a voicemail. It has been a bit of a frustrating experience. I appreciate any input on what you guys have found to be the best way of communicating with your guide.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
My new guide assignment has night and day changed my experience with Rivian. He always responds on the same day, to text, quickly, with thoughtful and insightful answers. It's been a complete 180 from my first guide assignment which provided no real value in the buying process at all.

stumptown85

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, XC60, Dakota
Occupation
Engineer
I’m trying not to make this a rant, but I think I see my own frustrations echoed by others. This Guide system seemed really great on paper, but when it comes down to it, it just feels like it bottle necks basic customer service issues. Since I was assigned a guide, CS can’t/(won’t?) help me. My guide takes forever to respond and when I reach out to CS they just say to reach out to my guide.

In this case, I have an appointment to pickup my R1S on Wednesday. Only one time and day was offered as if they are just giving us the appearance of choice. My car I was going to trade in blew a head gasket and is now in the shop. The Guides are on vacation today even though I’m not and CS is not. CS can’t help and is unsure if there will be enough time Tuesday to update all the documents. I’d rather just call CS directly.
Sponsored