First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Military
Las Vegas SC has had my R1t for three days for several minor issues. One of those issues was excessive wind noise from the driver and passenger side windows near the smaller triangle piece. A common issue as far as I've seen around the forum.

How many other folks have had their truck in for service and had them actually replace/repair that area? Is there some keyword or phrase that I'm missing that will push them to repair? My understanding is that Rivian sends the replacement parts necessary to the SCs when they book vehicles for service. Why wouldn't the SC just do the repair?

List of other issues being fixed or not fixed:
1. Alignment (truck pulls to the right a little at highway speeds).
2. Tailgate won't drop automatically (SC can't replicate... despite the video I provided).
3. Grinding/whining noise at low speeds from the front left (SC says that's a normal noise... I find that hard to believe).
4. Door alignment issue on one of the gear guard tunnels.
5. Paint chip from factory.
Sponsored

Lobstahz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3, Audi A4
The Rivian version of the dreaded Tesla "within spec" 😬

Sorry I don't have anything useful to add aside from hoping it goes well for you

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Have others actually had the wind noise (the same exact issue- wind noise from around the small triangle window) fixed?

I've seen general "wind noise" issues, but don't recall this specific issue being addressed (yet).

My Model Y had some wind noise issues, I bought an aftermarket kit that sealed it up nice and tight. Hopefully after more R1T's are available, retailers will start to market aftermarket products for concerns just like this.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
"Within spec" can also be a delay tactic when a solution has not been determined or the parts to fix are not available.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I am in the minority I suspect, that actually like that my tailgate doesn't drop without a little help. Keeps it from hitting garage door by accident.

Sponsored

User433

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Yukon Denali
My truck is at the SC for wind noise near passanger window which sounds different from OP. For my issue, they knew exactly what the issue was and how to fix it although it did require ordering parts there were delayed. The tailgate, as explained, is gravity powdered and if the truck is pointed downhill even the slightest it may not open. They are going to play around with the latch settings to make sure it's not catching on anything.

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'd ask them to define tolerance and how they measured it

Last edited:

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

OP
OP

TripWir3d

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Military
Graphite lube helps, I used it here and in my tonneau gears and rails. Smooth as butter now.

Is Gideon the Gear Guard hiding in your tunnel?!
Lol! Gear tunnel door!
Sponsored