Sponsored

Who's got a good picture of the R1S Compact Spare?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

We're looking for good pics front and back to find a load rating or load index for the compact spare. Perhaps the 50mph limit let's them go lower than GAWR rates it for?

Sooo this is … well huh. The wheel modern spare is providing with their full-size spare for the Rivian. Also also has an 800 kg load capacity!! They must source the same wheel as Road Ready.

First of all they screwed up my name … but - I’m guessing they are using the same wheel.
IMG_0956.jpeg
Thanks, community!
Sponsored

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

We're looking for good pics front and back to find a load rating or load index for the compact spare. Perhaps the 50mph limit lets them go lower than GAWR rates it for?
Exact same question in my mind.

Or it’s 50 mph since they won’t want you rolling a 33/34” wheel on one side and a 30” on the other at speed.

Last edited:

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
From Rivian Dad's channel
There may be a better view later in the video, I didn't go through the whole thing.
Rivian R1T R1S Who's got a good picture of the R1S Compact Spare? compact-spare

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

From Rivian Dad's channel
The wheel hub has an embossed Rivian stamp located near the lug holes. So def not the same rim RoadReady and ModernSpare are running.

Part of the embossed DOT specs were in the video I was able to see, but not all.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
We're looking for good pics front and back to find a load rating or load index for the compact spare. Perhaps the 50mph limit let's them go lower than GAWR rates it for?

Thanks, community!
I can see them getting around the speed rating by saying max speed with the spare on is XX.

I see no way to get around the weight rating without taking on a big liability. I will be very surprised if the weight rating is below a 113 which is the lowest you can find to stay above 2480 lbs which is half of the rear GAWR.

Sponsored

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I can see them getting around the speed rating by saying max speed with the spare on is XX.

I see no way to get around the weight rating without taking on a big liability. I will be very surprised if the weight rating is below a 113 which is the lowest you can find to stay above 2480 lbs which is half of the rear GAWR.
The tire is a 116 - you can see in the image above.

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

The wheel hub has an embossed Rivian stamp located near the lug holes. So def not the same rim RoadReady and ModernSpare are running.

Part of the embossed DOT specs were in the video I was able to see, but not all.
Rivian R1T R1S Who's got a good picture of the R1S Compact Spare? Screenshot_20231113-212853~2

Here's the best I pulled from the wheel, but doesn't look helpful.

I'm still holding out hope for someone to dig under the soccer gear and pull one out with good pics!

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
They're still not available in the Gear Shop - did some R1S deliveries include a compact spare? On longer trips I still get a little nervous running without a spare. I'm not too worried about the roofing nail, but highway debris has blown out the side of my tire before.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Rumour I heard was they were changing suppliers for the tire.

Nine_One_Six_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Clubs

They're still not available in the Gear Shop - did some R1S deliveries include a compact spare? On longer trips I still get a little nervous running without a spare. I'm not too worried about the roofing nail, but highway debris has blown out the side of my tire before.
Yep some R1S came with a compact, likely older VINs before they changed suppliers.

Based on the leaked Newsletter, they should be available by the time next newsletter drops. Probably early December.

Sponsored

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Yep some R1S came with a compact, likely older VINs before they changed suppliers.

Based on the leaked Newsletter, they should be available by the time next newsletter drops. Probably early December.
There are 248 R1S's in my R1 Shop right now, and 14 of those have the compact spare. All 14 have the all-terrain upgrade package. 8 are quad-motor; 6 are dual-motor. 3 are Max Packs.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Rivian Stories posted a link to the newsletter yesterday (before Rivian made it password protected), and I took a look. The newsletter was obviously not finished and ready for publishing, but what I saw said that the R1S compact spare "is now available" in the Gear Shop. If you have a knack to guessing passwords, here's the link.

https://stories.rivian.com/letsgonewsletternov2023
Sponsored