First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Not to hijack a thread, but I also went for the Max pack / 2022 . Could one still switch to the LE R1T or has that ship sailed?
Ship has sailed.

LE reservations closed the first week the configurator was opened.
Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I decided to forgo LE in favor of MAX pack.
I'm on the fence for this. The last bit of info I need before I'm willing to lock a config is real-world, highway range reviews.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Not to hijack a thread, but I also went for the Max pack / 2022 . Could one still switch to the LE R1T or has that ship sailed?
As far as I know, that ship has sailed.

Texasag05

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-250 King Ranch, 2022 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Occupation
EVP, paving highways to drive these awesome vehicles
LE R1S.
I wanted max pack but the fact that they don’t even know when they would offer for R1S and I get the suspicion that it’s max pack isn’t going to be much better than the large pack, went ahead with launch edition. I hope to find out before I finalize my order. But it needs to be a significant amount of mileage to fork over the extra dough. I plan to keep my F-250 for long trips anyway.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
As far as I know, that ship has sailed.
It has. I actually emailed CS asking if they could put me on a list if someone doesn't take an LE order at the end and there are left over LE's. Similar to there being first edition Mach e's and ID.4 floating around. CS gave me absolutely zero hope that that would happen.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
It has. I actually emailed CS asking if they could put me on a list if someone doesn't take an LE order at the end and there are left over LE's. Similar to there being first edition Mach e's and ID.4 floating around. CS gave me absolutely zero hope that that would happen.
To me, this indicates they are not very confident in how many LEs they can build by the end of the year, and likely made it a small target number. But then if they get a lot of cancellations, then maybe Jan 2022 moves up to this year. For the Hummer, GM allowed reservation holders to get wait listed for Edition 1, meaning they have a definite target number for how many they will build the first year, regardless of how many cancellations occur. That is also how VW and Ford did their new EVs. In the case of Ford and VW the dealerships just end up with the canceled cars and anyone can buy them.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
LE R1S - Dec 2018

But it needs to be a significant amount of mileage to fork over the extra dough. I plan to keep my F-250 for long trips anyway.
Keeping my 2500 Duramax for towing & possibly long trips.

Difference in price going to Max pack would never outweigh the amount of DCFC I would need to do. To me, the additional few mins charging on most road trips isn't worth the cost or the wait for the Max pack.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
LE R1T
02/19/2019
Silver
Black Interior
20" All Terrain Wheels
Texas

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

On or about November 14, 2020 I read that there was a Limited Edition available for pre-order holders. So on November 15 signed up for a R1T. Then on November 16 I configured a R1T LE in Rivian blue with Ocean Coast interior. At first I chose the 22" wheels, but have since changed to the 20" wheels.

I'm pretty sure that I won't get my R1T until maybe December? Merry Christmas to me!

Sponsored

Grabs10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo T8 and f350
Non LE max pack later reservation holder. Depending on Wednesday's Ford lightning release and how it turns out and if they are talking 400 mile range I will put an order in and buy from whoever gets me the pickup first.

the way the industry moves Rivian might be best to spill the entire plate of beans this week or next as more and more of these legacy companies get serious on EV’s. After next week we will essentially be at Memorial Day weekend and pretty much in June with no firm anything on a truck they are suppose to be delivering during the month.

Thursday dribbles of info will no longer suffice.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I’ve got an LE R1T, Blue, Mountain Black, 22” Wheels

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

On or about November 14, 2020 I read that there was a Limited Edition available for pre-order holders. So on November 15 signed up for a R1T. Then on November 16 I configured a R1T LE in Rivian blue with Ocean Coast interior. At first I chose the 22" wheels, but have since changed to the 20" wheels.

I'm pretty sure that I won't get my R1T until maybe December? Merry Christmas to me!
I configured mine on Nov 19, 2020 with the same specs, except I changed interior to Mountain Black and exterior to Launch Green, but will probably go back to Rivian Blue. Let's see who gets theirs first. I am really hoping for Rivian to put it in my driveway with a big bow on Dec. 25!
That would be EPIC, since the wife isn't completely sure that I am ordering one! LOL.

Interferon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P100DL
Not a big fan of the LE. Not the colors outside or inside, nor the options.
So I opted for the adventure package and maxPack.
Edit:
I thought that you could only get the LE with the special green color, but it looks like you can get it with any of the interior/exterior colors.
I still want the maxpack, so I'll wait. Hopefully, the built-in winch will be available by Jan 2022.
Sponsored

Last edited: