ohmman

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
2016 Model X 90D, 2014 Model S P85
Despite having a bit of apprehension about pre-ordering vehicles based on my previous Tesla experiences, I went ahead and dropped an pre-order today. Late to the game, surely, but at least I've got a spot in line.

Jehorton

First Name
James
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150
Occupation
Firefighter
Very glad to have preordered. I’m the last day I have seen two different commercials by amazon about utilizing rivians electric van. That kind of publicity ( even though all of us have know this ) will boost Rivian buyers. I still have friends that have never heard of Rivian so it’s always a pleasure showing their videos as well as informing them of their funding by big corporations such as amazon and ford.

ohmman

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Very glad to have preordered. I’m the last day I have seen two different commercials by amazon about utilizing rivians electric van. That kind of publicity ( even though all of us have know this ) will boost Rivian buyers.
I'm assuming that once "Long Way Up" premiers next month, there will be another surge.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I'm assuming that once "Long Way Up" premiers next month, there will be another surge.
I wonder how much air time they'll give to the trucks though...

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
TPA
I agree, that it isn't clear how much air time the R1Ts will get. I haven't watched the Long Way Round or Long Way Down. If somebody has watched them, they might be able to comment on how much air time the support vehicles received.

ohmman

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
I would guess that since this is supposed to highlight an electric journey, and the support vehicles are electric, that they'll get more airtime than if they weren't. I would also think that Rivian, having paid for and installed the charging network, would demand at least some reasonable exposure.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagon; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2009 Toyota Prius
Well, the focus is obviously with the guys on the bikes. But, in this series, the bikes are electric, Harley LiveWires, and the chase vehicles are electric, Rivians (and others), so there may be more attention devoted to what's being ridden and what's following than in past series.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicles
Clarity Electric
A fair amount of focus when they rolled a support vehicle in I think either Kazakhstan or Mongolia, but they also showed them outfitting them and usually met up at border crossings. Also showed some of the troubles the support vehicles were having with flooded rivers, washed out bridges, etc.