Sponsored

What Will you do when you Take Delivery?

EVJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Pilot, 2012 Hyundai Veloster, 2019 Infinity Q50 Luxe, 2020 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Sales
That's cool.. may I ask when you ordered... I am curious when emails will role out to others.
I wish I had been an early reserver, but I didn't order until the end of January-ish. I figured I'll be lucky to take delivery by next summer at this rate. :-(
Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

My plans might have slightly shifted as we wanted to do this early next year and not next summer (which is now the case). Would still love a factory pickup in any case.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

We started our road trip right now so took my 2nd day to swing by the factory from the outside.

Rivian R1T R1S What Will you do when you Take Delivery? _nc_ohc=oIzfgkqNo7wAX_Uailm&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1

Rivian R1T R1S What Will you do when you Take Delivery? _nc_ohc=o0T7cPXbWUcAX9NyHIS&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1

Rivian R1T R1S What Will you do when you Take Delivery? _nc_ohc=6Q0iEShzTrsAX-nt0Gg&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1

I emailed a few weeks prior and they said no tours for Obvious COVID reasons so really we just played ball with the dog, let her run around and grabbed a few pictures before security was eyeing us down (though e-mail Kevin said it was fine). In either case was a great visit and saw a lot of hustle and bustle!

Sponsored

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Well bravo @kanundrum. I guess great minds think alike?!? Twenty Three Hundred Eighty-Fiveish days apart lol ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

What will I do first? Pre-covid I would have said lick it before my daughter does. Now I'd have to settle for showing it off to my 95 y/o Dad.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Hah!....Details...this is why I don't code. But it was only one digit/character off, why doesn't it work?!!? lol!
Compilers and programming tools are much better now, but it killed me to have spot on logic but miss on stupid syntax errors.

Valuable lesson, figured out I'm better at architecture & big picture instead.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Right now using a Jag IPACE Profile as it will be similar in terms of range I am imagining in comparison to the Rivian as well as Charging Infrastructure.

1588862524937.png
Any reason you didn't try this with ABRP?

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Any reason you didn't try this with ABRP?

I think at the time I didnt know about it or it wasnt as main stream as it is now (1 year ago ish). I did recently use it and found it better to plan my own route in any case as I had several logistics/long stops involved that ABRP couldn't really calculate/factor into.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I think at the time I didnt know about it or it wasnt as main stream as it is now (1 year ago ish). I did recently use it and found it better to plan my own route in any case as I had several logistics/long stops involved that ABRP couldn't really calculate/factor into.
That makes sense. I've been playing with it in the real world recently, and while the EV routing is great, I really wish Google would buy them up and integrate them into maps or Waze.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

That makes sense. I've been playing with it in the real world recently, and while the EV routing is great, I really wish Google would buy them up and integrate them into maps or Waze.
Once you get to know your car it will be pretty easy. I was invited by my previous car club to go on a drive thru some twisties/mountain roads. Instead of taking my "fun" car a Alfa, I took my Hyundai Ioniq to see genuinely how it did on the twisties with some stock 86's. It was tons of fun, added a lot of miles to the lease and got this hilarious screenshot. I knew on a Full charge I can do 150 miles. Here was my route

Rivian R1T R1S What Will you do when you Take Delivery? 1622088465487

Rivian R1T R1S What Will you do when you Take Delivery? 1622088481896

Rivian R1T R1S What Will you do when you Take Delivery? 1622088604578

I stopped 2 times for charging for DC fast charging at EA stations and did 1 L2 charging for 1 hour and still had plenty to spare.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Once you get to know your car it will be pretty easy.
That looks fun!

For sure, I'm not at all concerned about range in reality. I Just like to nerd out on refining the prediction seeing how far I can reliably squeeze out/how much time a trip will take going one route or the other with different charging options. For example, there's a little vacation town I'm planning on going to, and am *right* on the borderline of being able to go there and back with free 150kW+ EA chargers, or having to stop at a 50kW charger for an extra thirty minutes. Not a big deal, just an interesting challenge to plan out.

All that being said, it would be nice to combine the smarter EV logic from ABRP with the routing and rerouting logic that Google has.

I will say, the degree to which VW took to hide the fact that the ID.4 is an EV from the end user I think would actually frustrate most users. They bury the charge % and energy efficiency in sub-menus, but keep the GOM on the driving display. Which went from 190 miles predicted when I left for work today, to 200 miles left when I got it to go home 25 miles later. lol. Do I know what happened? Yes. Can I imagine how confusing that would have been to Jack Generic? Yep!
Sponsored