Sponsored

What Will you do when you Take Delivery?

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
I'm already planning a cross country trip with my 3 kids next summer, I'd love to do it in an R1T. Although that seems unlikely with my late order. Regardless, the dreams and plans in this thread are getting me excited for it!
Also, @kanundrum definitely option 2! Cold north > deserts
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

My mom graduated from highschool in Reedsport. Granddad ran the IP mill at that point. She had fond memories of that area of the coast, and my dad still has some of the old glass fishing balls that she collected -- and many others that she found in antique shops over the years.

I will make it out there someday, but the closest I've been was Vancouver (BC, not Washington).
Autolycus,

I hope you make it out here to explore your roots once this pandemic subsides.

While you might know it, many here may not know about the Oregon Dunes in the Reedsport area. The Dunes will be a playground conducive for a meet-up or two. They are ATV-friendly, if not open to the trucks themselves. Whether folks here know about them or not, feel free to check out these pics and the website:

https://traveloregon.com/things-to-do/oregon-dunes-national-recreation-area/

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ss...WyEssyczPS8xRKEpNLkoFcxQSgQyFArByAJUJp5GEAAAA

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/siuslaw/recreation/recarea/?recid=42465

At the very least, the Dunes sit near the center of the Oregon Coast and serves as a great stepping off point for exploring the beaches and forests in the area.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Trying to come up with some sort of plan with a moving target of course is hard but here is what we have whenever delivery occurs.

This is the new idea either Plan 1 or 2 depending on the season.

Plan 1
1629732220167.png

Plan 2
1629732282828.png
Make sure you plan your trip for your first week of ownership just in case ?

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Make sure you plan your trip for your first week of ownership just in case ?
Always was the case TBH. We had a huge trip planned around delivery last year which we ended up taking besides the case.

Im taking week one we get it and it will be loaded and ready to go.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Probably have to break it in like my wife and I break in rooms of a new house. ;)

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Autolycus,

I hope you make it out here to explore your roots once this pandemic subsides.

While you might know it, many here may not know about the Oregon Dunes in the Reedsport area. The Dunes will be a playground conducive for a meet-up or two. They are ATV-friendly, if not open to the trucks themselves. Whether folks here know about them or not, feel free to check out these pics and the website:

https://traveloregon.com/things-to-do/oregon-dunes-national-recreation-area/

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ss...WyEssyczPS8xRKEpNLkoFcxQSgQyFArByAJUJp5GEAAAA

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/siuslaw/recreation/recarea/?recid=42465

At the very least, the Dunes sit near the center of the Oregon Coast and serves as a great stepping off point for exploring the beaches and forests in the area.
I’ve seen photos of mom, granddad, my grandmother and uncle in buggies at the dunes. Would have been from the 60s. Granddad had a Scout suv and I think he was allowed to drive it on the beach but not the dunes back then. Are trucks/suv allowed on the beaches still?

Funny enough, my grandparents retired to Eureka Springs, which I think you’ve also mentioned having been to. I’ve been there plenty, so that was at least within a day or day-and-a-half drive from where I grew up. Reedsport is considerably further!

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80, Honda Ridgeline, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Day 1? Go down the street to the giant dirt pile from the construction by my exit off 95 and recreate mount rivian. Then I’ll probably sit there waiting for them to enable tank turn and do that until the kids or wife get sick (my money is on the wife) ?. I sure hope chilewich is as good as they say!

screamingkarts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Jeep Wrangler 4Xe
Clubs

Obviously couple of 0-60 tests
Blast those meridian speakers
and find a location to do Tank Turn
to start with...

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Probably have to break it in like my wife and I break in rooms of a new house. ;)
For me, that would be her saying what she wants to do with the space & then her yelling at me when I roll my eyes.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
I thought we established this already?

(complete with doing Tank Turns in the middle of driving! ;) )

Sponsored

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Still do not know enough about the windows. Since they are acoustic windows, does that mean they also are resistant to infrared heat intrusion....doubt it! So, I will likely need to travel to Woodstock, GA, to "The Tint Guy" shop and get 3M Crystalline on all the windows. I have this on all my EV's so far. In middle Georgia, heat is the biggest enemy and less use of the cabin AC equals more electric range. Since I have finally decided to go with the 20" AT tires (damn the range hit, whatever it is, still unknown) need to do whatever it takes to keep this sucker cool inside and still have decent range.

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
Drive it over to my guy and get ceramic on the whole exterior

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Still do not know enough about the windows. Since they are acoustic windows, does that mean they also are resistant to infrared heat intrusion....doubt it! So, I will likely need to travel to Woodstock, GA, to "The Tint Guy" shop and get 3M Crystalline on all the windows. I have this on all my EV's so far. In middle Georgia, heat is the biggest enemy and less use of the cabin AC equals more electric range. Since I have finally decided to go with the 20" AT tires (damn the range hit, whatever it is, still unknown) need to do whatever it takes to keep this sucker cool inside and still have decent range.
Tint is a priority addition to any vehicle for me. Primarily due to heat, but also appearance & security (makes it harder to see inside the vehicle).

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I'm not sure the AC will be much impact on range.

For My Model S in Southern California I have never had anything noticeable for range reduction with it on or off. I know Tesla uses the ac compressor to help cool the battery so even if I am not using the AC for the cabin it still is being used.
Sponsored