Sponsored

What will we learn on Thursday? A Predictions Thread...

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Whoa! That sounds more like something I'd find on Elon's playlist. ?
That could be my trucks theme song! Take a clip for my custom backup sound. ?

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
Via Twitter and their Head of Communications director, TLDR they are playing it safe.

1621125657353.png
It was me. ? I tried to let her know we’re beyond ready to start getting some detailed info and start making plans to attend test drive events. I know I’m ready.

Via Twitter and their Head of Communications director, TLDR they are playing it safe.

1621125657353.png

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
You want to explain to me how getting some basic details about a 80 K purchase that are to begin in 45 days is "adding to the hype" I call B.S. on that. They are overplaying there hand. The only saving grace for Rivian is they are the only game in town right now. I wonder if Ford ( part owner of Rivian) has put a embargo on more detailed info from Rivian until after the F 150 announcements

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I prefer the Disturbed version. Sounds great played loud.
I wouldn't have pegged you for a Disturbed fan, but I love it! They will definitely be on my Meridian Elevation 360 list.

Sponsored

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

I wouldn't have pegged you for a Disturbed fan, but I love it! They will definitely be on my Meridian Elevation 360 list.
One of my favorite songs. I crank it to 11 every time I listen to it.

Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn on Thursday?  A Predictions Thread... 66d1-a971-40f3-a6d8-272e4706b7d6

Last edited:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
David Draiman is a big Tesla fan, makes me wonder if he has a Rivian pre-order.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

It was me. ? I tried to let her know we’re beyond ready to start getting some detailed info and start making plans to attend test drive events. I know I’m ready.

TY sir! Pretty cool she took the time to reply albeit not much information but glad to know they know our frustration.

Reed

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tacoma, March/24 Reservation for R2
Occupation
Retired
I'm going to go bold with my prediction for this week (or, maybe next week, or the week after ...).

I'm predicting that they are working on more than nip and tuck engineering for the existing two models. I think they are working on a surprise addition, likely using the existing platform, but re-working what goes on top.

We saw a picture of an extended cab pickup on the short (R1s) wheelbase. Maybe they've continued working on something along those lines. Or, maybe it's something else entirely different, like a van.

Whatever, I'm predicting a big splash when it comes to the reveal presentation of the R1t and the R1s. They'll also have an R2t or an R1v to announce.

And, that's why they are too busy to talk to us.

The beauty of this prediction is that somewhere along the line, I will be proven correct. And, will make a point of saying that I was correct!

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I predict that Rivian will release an avalanche of information including a website revamp, publish the "Summer Tour" schedule for test drives while announcing free RAN charging for the first two years.

If they don't do all of this next week, then I'm going to whine, bitch, moan, flop around on the floor, drink earlier in the afternoon, hit the "WHAT'S NEW" button 10 times more frequently, search for Rivian news like a crack-addict, and end up right back here where I am today - wishing it was already Fall.

Sponsored

wdlikatruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ipace, cx-9
Occupation
attorney
You want to explain to me how getting some basic details about a 80 K purchase that are to begin in 45 days is "adding to the hype" I call B.S. on that. They are overplaying there hand. The only saving grace for Rivian is they are the only game in town right now. I wonder if Ford ( part owner of Rivian) has put a embargo on more detailed info from Rivian until after the F 150 announcements
I'll simply "second" that basic disclosures are not "hype." That is very lame spin for, "Thank you for your deposits. Somehow, with deliveries next month, we still don't have a production version to show you, or for that matter, any other relevant status updates. But here are some nice pics of the Executive Team that brought us to this point!" Hilarious.

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
TY sir! Pretty cool she took the time to reply albeit not much information but glad to know they know our frustration.
I saw an opportunity. Yep, she gets it. I enjoy Amy’s tweets; maybe this will help emphasize they can do more to move things along.

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
The context was that she was getting her hair cut and someone in the salon who didn’t know her was discussing Rivian and sharing wrong info. She chose not to speak to see how the conversation played out, Another Twitter user responded ‘How deep into the weeds did it go?’ Amy responded ‘Think forums.’ —— They are monitoring us, guys. And paying attention. ??

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
I predict that Rivian will release an avalanche of information including a website revamp, publish the "Summer Tour" schedule for test drives while announcing free RAN charging for the first two years.

If they don't do all of this next week, then I'm going to whine, bitch, moan, flop around on the floor, drink earlier in the afternoon, hit the "WHAT'S NEW" button 10 times more frequently, search for Rivian news like a crack-addict, and end up right back here where I am today - wishing it was already Fall.
Wait, you’ve been talking to my wife about me, haven’t you?!
Sponsored