Sponsored

What will we learn on Thursday? A Predictions Thread...

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Bikes are so dangerous. Hopefully a speedy recovery.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I'd be happy if Alex on Autos get his R1T before anyone. He is really thorough and I believe he pre-ordered one on 2018.

OP
OP
cohall

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I'm starting to get the feeling it's another Thursday bust. Very disappointing if so.

(I'm also hoping that by posting this it'll trigger the Rivian gods to send out something amazing immediately after I hit the "post" button)

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

No more T.U.R.D.s :confused: Somebody must be a little "backed up" today. Maybe if they chug some prune juice, we will see movement by the end of the day.

This would still meet the T.U.R.D. cadence and also remind people that RJ getting the keys of the first production R1 at 11:59 PM on June 30, 2021 will still meet the "deliveries starting in June" promise (even if it is still on the manufacturing floor)!

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I'm starting to get the feeling it's another Thursday bust. Very disappointing if so.

(I'm also hoping that by posting this it'll trigger the Rivian gods to send out something amazing immediately after I hit the "post" button)
Feel like they really are not ready for launch. Or else we would have a lot more information by now. Is it normal for tests (seen in Palo Alto using Lidar) this close to production? Hope I'm wrong.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Feel like they really are not ready for launch. Or else we would have a lot more information by now. Is it normal for tests (seen in Palo Alto using Lidar) this close to production? Hope I'm wrong.
Those Lidar tests are going to be an ongoing thing for awhile. They have even stated some roads will be enabled at launch and others will be added later through OTA updates.

Even after they finish, they will probably need to start over to pick all of the changes that occur over time.

It is kind of like putting out the trash, you are never finished....

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
The owners manual was sitting right their on the frunk sill... if only you would have grabbed it!
Also the guy in the background dressed up in the "Dad" Holloween costume looks like he is weeping in awe of the R1T.
Nah that’s surely just an informational brochure/lookbook. Photos, little blurbs, and info for preorder probably

OP
OP
cohall

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Feel like they really are not ready for launch. Or else we would have a lot more information by now.
Every day/week/month that they don't share any materially new information about the actual vehicle itself makes me believe that we are not as close to deliveries as they say.

We should be, at most, 6 weeks from the first customers having trucks in-hand. The fact that we don't even have any real photos/videos of the interior, a quick demo of the infotainment system, etc. etc. underscores for me that my wait is going to be longer than they are telling us.

And just like you, I'd love to be wrong.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I emailed CS to see what TODAY'S update would be, asking if it was a link to a podcast where RJ would read out the entire user manual for us.

My guess is...... We look forward to sharing exciting things with the community SOON!

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Those Lidar tests are going to be an ongoing thing for awhile. They have even stated some roads will be enabled at launch and others will be added later through OTA updates.

Even after they finish, they will probably need to start over to pick all of the changes that occur over time.

It is kind of like putting out the trash, you are never finished....
Oh, I thought the Lidar is to help configure the Drive + software. Is it more than that?

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

I emailed CS to see what TODAY'S update would be, asking if it was a link to a podcast where RJ would read out the entire user manual for us.

My guess is...... We look forward to sharing exciting things with the community SOON!
Wait, I thought we were in the "very soon" or possibly "very very soon" stage. Did I miss a slip back into "soon"?

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Nah that’s surely just an informational brochure/lookbook. Photos, little blurbs, and info for preorder probably
Correct. It is a postcard-sized Rivian info card...We were given this at the NYIAS back in 2019.
Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn on Thursday?  A Predictions Thread... IMG_5073 2
Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn on Thursday?  A Predictions Thread... IMG_5074 2

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Correct. It is a postcard-sized Rivian info card...We were given this at the NYIAS back in 2019.
IMG_5073 2.jpg
IMG_5074 2.jpg
Nice! I find it interesting that some of the metrics are in kg and mm - is that what is primarily used in the engineering world?
Sponsored