Sponsored

What will we learn on Thursday? A Predictions Thread...

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

Also Gear Shuttle looks like a must have accessory to me. Especially if there are tie down points available. Only downside is that it looks to be one-way. Excited to see if this is the news drop today.
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I’m surprised at how clear the glass roof is. In previous photos it’s been tinted extremely dark. This level of ’clarity’ seems like it’s going to be really uncomfortable on hot/sunny days.
Not a photo. This is a digital rendering.

Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Looks like the website (the R1T and R1S pages) have changed (this morning?) but mostly just a reorganization of the same information and photos.

Still wonder if they are rolling out these website and configurator changes in advance of some larger information drop today. Get the hype train charged up.

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

@bowhunter didn't reply (yet) with where these fine accessories images came from.... :movember:
They came from the configurator site. When there was mention that they had made updates I was curious and checked it out. I'm a software engineer and like to look at the raw data feeding a site and noticed them as part of a JSON payload. It looks like they have since been removed.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

well-done then except somebody at Rivian will get a butt-chewing for allowing to "steal the thunder" of the accessories announcement. Presume pricing wasn't found or you would have included that info too. So there's that element to be surprised (or shocked!) about when published by Rivian.... perhaps even later today or tomorrow.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

They came from the configurator site. When there was mention that they had made updates I was curious and checked it out. I'm a software engineer and like to look at the raw data feeding a site and noticed them as part of a JSON payload. It looks like they have since been removed.

They changed their whole front page setup I think suspecting from us type of people poking around ?. Originally they have predefined pages for their RPV (Rivian Prime Van) and a few others but have since been removed.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

well-done then except somebody at Rivian will get a butt-chewing for allowing to "steal the thunder" of the accessories announcement. Presume pricing wasn't found or you would have included that info too. So there's that element to be surprised (or shocked!) about when published by Rivian.... perhaps even later today or tomorrow.
It certainly wasn't my intent to get anybody in trouble. Like many here, I am just eager to get more details on these vehicles that will start being delivered in a little over a month... The only one of those accessories that seemed associated with a price was the Gear Shuttle ($1,500). That may not mean anything though as a lot of the un-displayed data seemed like placeholders.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Maybe it’ll send a message to Rivian that we’re so deprived of info, we’re willing to risk it all and HACK THE MAINFRAME!!!!!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
If accessories are the announcement I'll personally be a disappointed. I actually found the last couple (warranty and insurance) surprisingly nice, but would really like to know as much about the truck that's getting released in ~1 month as I know about several others EVs that are further out (EQS, Lucid, Ioniq, Hummer, etc.)
Sponsored