Sponsored

What will we learn on Thursday? A Predictions Thread...

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
They also added the R1S All-Terrain rims (non-black) as an option to the R1T configurator.
Lol, I wonder if anyone will pick that. Seems the general consensus is they're ugly. More people would want the R1T wheels on the R1S, I bet.
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

From there linked in, I think we will hear more about how their energy is renewable for their charging network. I doubt EPA or anything of substance.

Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn on Thursday?  A Predictions Thread... 1619028577474

“I love being able to create positive experiences for our customers, while also working to solve problems for our planet.”
-Sara, Senior Manager, Rivian Adventure Network

With more than 3,500 DC fast chargers at over 600 sites nationwide by the end of 2023, the Rivian Adventure Network will be powered by 100% renewable energy. Through partnerships with electricity providers, we will use wind and solar wherever possible, as well as Renewable Energy Certificates to power our vehicles with clean electricity.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Curious that the "Lookbook" images for a L.E. R1T do not show a trailer hitch bar protruding below in the truck rear bumper views? I would think having the 'Adventure' package would mean getting a trailer hitch included. Maybe yet another jolt coming when we do final configuration pricing for a complete vehicle purchase.
Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn on Thursday?  A Predictions Thread... R1T assshot.PNG

Bpcunning

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘15 Charger R/T, ‘20 Explorer ST
Occupation
Mech. Engineer
Curious that the "Lookbook" images for a L.E. R1T do not show a trailer hitch bar protruding below in the truck rear bumper views? I would think having the 'Adventure' package would mean getting a trailer hitch included. Maybe yet another jolt coming when we do final configuration pricing for a complete vehicle purchase.
R1T assshot.PNG
I just made a post about the same thing. I'm hoping its a rolling update to the renders and not a trim limited option.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

R1T assshot.PNG
I think its behind that panel the ones that show a hitch show that panel missing like on a tahoe for instance. I think that's nice hides the ugly bits easier to clean and aerodynamic.

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
R1T assshot.PNG
Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn on Thursday?  A Predictions Thread... 1619029254888

All vehicles will come with the receiver (not just Adventure trim) according the the FAQ.

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

[Photos removed at request of Rivian]

Not sure if it will be accessories this week, but I found some Rivian images showing at least some of the accessories that are probably coming (some known; others I hadn't seen before):

Gear Shuttle

Charger (image labelled with Wallbox brand)

R1T Crossbars

R1S Crossbars

Bike Mount

Snowboard Mount

Kayak Mount

Surfboard Mount

Recovery Kit

Maxtrax

Field Kit

Floor Mats

Tent (looks like it will be available in either yellow or gray)

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Amazing! Where did you find those photos/renderings?

Reed

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tacoma, March/24 Reservation for R2
Occupation
Retired
Not sure exactly what I'm looking at with the kayak mount. It could be that it has some load assist features.

We're still not seeing any kind of devices to raise the level of the two bars that sit in the R1t's box.

This feels so much like Christmas. Maybe I should get the forest green colour. With the red kayak on top, that would fit the mood. Or, maybe go with the red truck and red kayak. That would work for Christmas, too. Or, maybe, ......

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

What’s is the Gear Shuttle used for? Is it just a table that pulls out? What am I missing?
It's the platform the camp kitchen sits on to allow it to be easily stored and removed. Rather than permanently mounting the camp kitchen to it, they have designed it to be usable without the camp kitchen to easily access anything you want to put in your gear tunnel (backpacks, storage bins, equipment, etc.).

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Clubs

Is it just me or does that Shuttle System look like a nightmare to maneuver?
The support leg looks longer than what extends out. So, to flip it up for storage, you also have to de-extended it some way. I am sure the Gear Tunnel door provides temp support, but still seems like a lot is going on there for that support leg.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Is it just me or does that Shuttle System look like a nightmare to maneuver?
The support leg looks longer than what extends out. So, to flip it up for storage, you also have to de-extended it some way. I am sure the Gear Tunnel door provides temp support, but still seems like a lot is going on there for that support leg.
I haven't seen it in person, so I'm not sure how it works...

It's possible the leg is just the perfect length to fold out when the tray is extended. It's also possible the leg has a hinge in the middle and folds in half.

I wouldn't be surprised if the slides hold the full weight of the tray and kitchen, and the leg simply adds support (less bounce) when you add weight on top of the kitchen and start "using it".

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

Not sure if it will be accessories this week, but I found some Rivian images showing at least some of the accessories that are probably coming (some known; others I hadn't seen before):

Gear Shuttle
View attachment 4359

Charger (image labelled with Wallbox brand)
View attachment 4360

R1T Crossbars
View attachment 4361
R1S Crossbars
View attachment 4362
Bike Mount
View attachment 4363
Snowboard Mount
View attachment 4364
Kayak Mount
View attachment 4365
Surfboard Mount
View attachment 4366
Recovery Kit
View attachment 4367
Maxtrax
View attachment 4368
View attachment 4369
Field Kit
View attachment 4370
Floor Mats
View attachment 4371
Tent (looks like it will be available in either yellow or gray)
View attachment 4372
View attachment 4373
Everything here makes sense except that field kit as its for skateboards. That would be something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.warehouseskateboards.co...cludes-tool,-bearings,-lube,-risers-and-bolts

Also, MSRP on that recovery kit is $135. Something to note if it's sold through Rivian
https://arbusa.com/recovery/kits/
Sponsored