First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tacoma, March/24 Reservation for R2
Occupation
Retired
Well, this one is really tough isn't it! I predict we will learn about the interior! ;)

Who knows, maybe they'll throw in a bonus. How about a picture of two green vehicles parked side by side - one launch green, the other forest green.
Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Well, this one is really tough isn't it! I predict we will learn about the interior! ;)

Who knows, maybe they'll throw in a bonus. How about a picture of two green vehicles parked side by side - one launch green, the other forest green.
Honest question. if Rivian is so close to releasing the new truck people have been waiting for for 2 years, why all the secrecy around the colors? Why not show all the loyal potential buyers all the colors? I mean it seems like a fair question to me.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It's fair. It seems to be their "personality" and they very well may be adjusting paint colors. ?‍♂

Companies have their quirks. As annoying as it is, holding things close to the chest definitely seems to be Rivian's.

Last edited:

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
Honest question. if Rivian is so close to releasing the new truck people have been waiting for for 2 years, why all the secrecy around the colors? Why not show all the loyal potential buyers all the colors? I mean it seems like a fair question to me.
It is a fair question.
And there is no good reason to hold out.
UNLESS production is going slower than anticipated and they are struggling to decide which color combos to make first. For example it makes sense not to show the Limestone if they are not painting a batch of Limestone until Christmas time.....

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Rivian is doing the exact same thing as any other manufacturer. Go on Toyota or Ford's website and look at the models and color selections, you'll find that everything is a rendering. People have noted in other threads that there have been slight changes in the renderings on Rivian's site over time.

I don't think there's too much secrecy around the colors with the exception of the Launch Green. We just haven't seen any Launch Green trucks in the wild (with the exception of the vehicles used in the crash tests). I'm just happy that Rivian is capable of painting more than 5 colors, unlike a certain other EV manufacturer...

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I predict Launch Green will look decidedly brown if pictured side by side with Forest Green.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Isn’t Ford 9-12 months from deliveries of the New F-150 Lightning, and yet they have a pretty extensive website up and running, have a couple Youtubers that have gotten their hands on one, I’ve seen some video including interior. And yet, Rivian is maybe 15-30 days away from 1st deliveries? Just an odd implementation.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I don't think there's too much secrecy around the colors with the exception of the Launch Green.
Limestone! And we've just seen a brief glimpse of Red Canyon. Haven't seen the black yet either, but that's an easy one to render/imagine.

BTW, word on Limestone is that it's similar to Nardo grey...I've switched my config from white!

Nardo grey for reference:
Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn 6/14 - 6/20? BMW-M340i-Nardo-Grey

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Isn’t Ford 9-12 months from deliveries of the New F-150 Lightning, and yet they have a pretty extensive website up and running, have a couple Youtubers that have gotten their hands on one, I’ve seen some video including interior. And yet, Rivian is maybe 15-30 days away from 1st deliveries? Just an odd implementation.
The Ford Lightning interior is virtually the same as the existing F-150 Interior, so of course you can see it. Youtubers have been able to look at, but not drive a prototype. (Note that GM also gave various reviews access to look at the Hummer prototype.)

Also, note that many people, including me, have seen Rivian prototypes in person.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
The Ford Lightning interior is virtually the same as the existing F-150 Interior, so of course you can see it. Youtubers have been able to look at, but not drive a prototype. (Note that GM also gave various reviews access to look at the Hummer prototype.)

Also, note that many people, including me, have seen Rivian prototypes in person.
Interior looks different to me.

Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn 6/14 - 6/20? 1623697394065

Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn 6/14 - 6/20? 1623697405054

Sponsored

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Some EPA numbers would be nice. How can a buyer make an informed decision about wheel/tire selection without this?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Some EPA numbers would be nice. How can a buyer make an informed decision about wheel/tire selection without this?
I know people are hoping for numbers by wheel/tire combo... but are we sure that will ever be provided?

It was my understanding that manufacturers were NOT required to validate every permutation through the EPA process. I don't think I've seen any other manufacturer make the distinction.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I know people are hoping for numbers by wheel/tire combo... but are we sure that will ever be provided?

It was my understanding that manufacturers were NOT required to validate every permutation through the EPA process. I don't think I've seen any other manufacturer make the distinction.
I think we'll only get details for the 21s, since those are most efficient according to Rivian.

But, if we learn EPA is actually 325 miles, and someone likes the 20s better but also needs 300 miles, it could allow them to make the change. Does that make sense?

Whereas if it comes in right at 300, then maybe the 20's are off the table for some people, knowing that they need as close to 300 miles in range as possible.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Learning something.......anything would be nice. We got a few consecutive Thursdays with news and got sucked into thinking that was going to be the norm.

Not the first to post this, and likely not the last....
Sponsored

Reactions: Rad