Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Perhaps....

I went through my 20s without a life plan. I later realized the lack of a defined plan is in fact still a plan...
One of lessons I've learned in my relationship is to let my spouse talk to me when she is ready. Pushing her to communicate before that time is an emotional drain for both of us. While waiting for her to be ready isn't ideal for me, it's what works better for her. The folks at Rivian have a path they want to take. It annoys a lot of us. That doesn't mean they're leaving us for the guy they told us not to worry about though ;).
Sponsored

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I'd love to have something rolled out on a weekly basis, rather than having tidbits rolled out weakly.
Loved this.

I went through my 20s without a life plan. I later realized the lack of a defined plan is in fact still a plan...
Yes, but that is not a strategy. I feel Rivian has a similar "plan" to you in your 20s.

They definitely don't have the correct customer relationship strategy driving any comms "plans".

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
The last few weeks I was frantically checking my email and the rivian website every few minutes on Thursdays. It got old after the 3rd week of no real news. I feel much healthier now that I'm not expecting anything from them.

E Parx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
For me, I am not looking at the "legal" document.... If I do not like what I see, I will get my deposit back. This isn't a legalese thing for me. It is what I have been told by company reps, and emails I got. So, there were promises made, and if I don't like it, I won't buy it. Plain and simple.

But to tell me that I can't comprehend what I read and that Rivian promised me nothing, that is not the truth.....
Exactly. If you are so inclined, you have the right to initiate the simple process of canceling your order and getting your deposit back.

I'm certainly not saying you can't read or that things weren't promised and I'm sorry if you thought I was implying that. Many things are promised in all concept cars and prototypes that don't actually come to fruition but you also aren't owed anything for that fact and neither is anyone else.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Possibly Rivian is giving Ford their day on May 19th and not releasing much info until after that date. No doubt there will be many here that will also place a deposit with Ford, due to the lack of information coming from Rivian. It won't necessarily hurt Rivian, as most will keep their deposit, but it could possibly benefit Ford.

Ford invested in Rivian, but I don't remember if Ford has anyone on Rivian's board. If they do and I were them, I would want Rivian to hold off until after the reveal.

After the 19th, Rivian has 12 days to make something substantial happen. I expect they will, or it'll be a disaster in public relations.

As it stands now, we were told the guides would reach out in May. I understand there are 31 days in May, but so far we've been in suspense for 17 of those days and I believe they could have set a much closer time period, such as the middle to end of May. The only thing I can think of that would cause such a delay, is they didn't know about Ford's plans in advance. Otherwise, I can't see an excuse for 17 days of suspense.

Sponsored

trickflow

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 performance, Toyota 4runner
Exactly. If you are so inclined, you have the right to initiate the simple process of canceling your order and getting your deposit back.

I'm certainly not saying you can't read or that things weren't promised and I'm sorry if you thought I was implying that. Many things are promised in all concept cars and prototypes that don't actually come to fruition but you also aren't owed anything for that fact and neither is anyone else.
Not you, DucRider put that in his reply.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Here's an out-of-the-box idea. The Rivian R1T = F150 Lightning! This is the joint vehicle that has been mentioned before. :surprised:

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Here's an out-of-the-box idea. The Rivian R1T = F150 Lightning! This is the joint vehicle that has been mentioned before. :surprised:
Nah, the lightning is the redesigned cyber truck.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

The last few weeks I was frantically checking my email and the rivian website every few minutes on Thursdays. It got old after the 3rd week of no real news. I feel much healthier now that I'm not expecting anything from them.
It's not like Rivian told us 6 months ago to keep coming back to our configuration or anything. Oh wait...

What to expect next
We'll contact you to confirm your configuration and order when we get closer to production. Keep coming back to your account to check for important announcements and the latest updates, including new accessories and merchandise.

MichaelW

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XFR, Ford Mustang GT, Mazda Miata, Smart ForTwo
I think we often overlap the concern of deliveries/impatience and lack of communication. I know that at best I'm waiting until Jan for a max pack truck. That's fine. If it's June 2022, I will be restless, but accept that if it's worth the 91k of my configuration, it's worth the wait.

The concern in this thread (and others) is that Rivian has no communication cadence. Apple, Tesla, even GM and Ford can just announce an event and people will show up in masse because they have earned that following. Rivian hasn't.

I think what most people are suggesting at this point is that we understand if there are delays and we agree that quality comes first, but please communicate. When you choose not to communicate people are left to fill in the blanks for themselves and assume the worst. Like it or not perception is reality and the growing perception even in the fanbase is that maybe all is not well in Normal, IL.

Honestly, go hire a successful YouTube content creator who understands building a brand from scratch and the importance of a regular content schedule and have them storyboard 12 weeks of content. For that matter, sign me up and I'll do the job.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Not even close
Since were not learning anything new about Rivian, just curious your thoughts on why you don't think the nonsense was Libel. maybe this way I can at least get some legal knowledge for the day.

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
Since were not learning anything new about Rivian, just curious your thoughts on why you don't think the nonsense was Libel. maybe this way I can at least get some legal knowledge for the day.
You managed to answer your own question when you called it nonsense.
Satire (something not meant to be taken seriously) is not libel.
Sponsored