Sponsored

What insurance companies are you all using?

JackRussellRacing

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T
Occupation
Business Owner
@NY_Rob this is very good advice. Son is registered on his 2022 BOLT EV, which is fine and 'reasonable' rating... but I never thought to not list him on all of our other cars. I'll call our agent today. Thank you!
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
@NY_Rob this is very good advice. Son is registered on his 2022 BOLT EV, which is fine and 'reasonable' rating... but I never thought to not list him on all of our other cars. I'll call our agent today. Thank you!
Is the Bolt (great car for a kid BTW!) titled and registered under his name?

If it is, ask your agent how much you would save overall if he sold the car to you and it was registered under your name. That way he would not be listed on your policy at all, but of course he would have your permission to use your vehicles so he would have 100% full coverage while driving one of them.

alacritousOmega

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Quad Motor
Wow some of you are paying a lot! We pay AAA $1,700/yr for R1S Quad and 2015 Subaru Outback. But we have a great driving record and don't drive very many miles. (male age 29)

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
I quoted thru AAA.. It was 34% higher than what I am paying with State Farm.

Sponsored

R1v1anNoob

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Sales
Clubs

Wow some of you are paying a lot! We pay AAA $1,700/yr for R1S Quad and 2015 Subaru Outback. But we have a great driving record and don't drive very many miles. (male age 29)
Depends where you live. CA, NY, and FL have the highest insurance rates in the country, and it’s not even close. I’m 36 with good driving history and I’m paying $1,420 for 6 months. 50k/100k, Florida….

ryunited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
With GEICO. Somehow the Rivian premium came in lower than my Y, which surprised me.

Rivox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P
Just got my R1T today, living in NJ, single 40 years old. 148 monthly with USAA. For some reason about 20 bucks cheaper then my Model 3 was.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Here's an NPR article discussing recent insurance rate increases.

"Insurance companies insist they're just playing catch-up, after two years of big losses. For every dollar in home and auto premiums they collected last year, insurance companies paid an average of $1.10 in claims and expenses, according to the Insurance Information Institute.

"Nobody wants to have that higher-price bill," says Sean Kevelighan, the institute's CEO. But he added companies "need to price insurance according to the risk level that's out there."

Inflation is partly to blame for those big payouts. The cost of fixing or replacing damaged homes and cars has jumped sharply in recent years as a result of rising labor and material prices."
Sponsored