Retailler
Clubs

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Any plug in fridges (dometic or other) that fit in the gear tunnel?

I seen reddits that this one fits, but wanted to confirm with someone who has one or has pictures. Specs seem like it wouldn't fit unless jammed in there.

https://www.amazon.com/ICECO-Portable-Refrigerator-Separate-Compressor/dp/B07TJ35L3V/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=1JQHHW1ILYU2U&keywords=iceco&qid=1702221772&sprefix=iceco,aps,86&sr=8-2-spons&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.17d9e15d-4e43-4581-b373-0e5c1a776d5d&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1
The bougeRV one I linked works with 12v / 110v and battery pack . It fits in the gear tunnel, you’ll need to tilt it slightly when loading it or unloading it from the gear tunnel. Once in, it does perfect and sits flat.

Compare those dimensions to the one you’re interested in.

Exterior Dimension(L*W*H): 23.0 in*12.6 in*12.0 in

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/what-fits-in-gear-tunnel.22048/#post-447550

SDH

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
I've got to say, the gear tunnel is one of the USP's of the R1T and I'm surprised it not been copied by more truck makers (surely Patented). I find it incredibly useful.

SDH

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
I love that there are 4 "storage tiers" for the R1T, it's incredibly good at hauling:
  • Humans and pets go in cabin
  • Groceries and other shopping bags go in frunk
  • Gear tunnel is for easy access to stinky/dirty stuff, and long term storage of my emergency equipment (flashers, shovel, axe, blankets, etc.)
  • Bed is for recycle, trash, green waste, engines and occasional carting of large/heavy items from a nearby meeting spot because the semi can't back up into my long driveway
spot on

Sponsored

NDIrish

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineering Operations Manager
Clubs

Picked up my R1T yesterday and ran a search and didn't find a thread, so curious what is everyone putting in their gear tunnel to add adventure ready functionality.

Any plug in fridges (dometic or other) that fit in the gear tunnel as Iost my console cooler when I traded in my lexus SUV?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rivian/s/9ugnvg4frC

MTM ACR8-72 bins are great for base

I fill 1 with water bottles, just as emergency stash for desert, that typically is always in there. But I have different bins for different adventures. Or repack for different reasons, can bring the bin inside fill with what is needed. Sometimes it's lunches, sometimes it's tennis balls or maybe fireworks.... Whatever I can pile in the stuff.

Yesterday I took a bin full of hearing protection and shooting gloves out; to make room for ski boots, convenient

georgethegoat

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM 790 Adv R, Bicycle, Stroller
Occupation
journalist
Clubs

Doggo (30lbs), stroller, ice scraper, kid carrier backpacks, training toilet, bagged pee/poo/puke clothes ... (Sensing the theme here?)

JamuJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 2500, Polestar 2, R1T Max Pack Performance
Occupation
Retired Petroleum Engineer
Picked up my R1T yesterday and ran a search and didn't find a thread, so curious what is everyone putting in their gear tunnel to add adventure ready functionality.

Any plug in fridges (dometic or other) that fit in the gear tunnel as Iost my console cooler when I traded in my lexus SUV?
I carry an Ecoflow Delta Max power station with two companion smart batteries as auxiliary power for our Airstream travel trailer. (This setup could also serve tent campers). These three units were previously housed under our RAM 2500 truck cap. They now fit perfectly in the gear tunnel of our new R1T, and the doors allow ventilation and easy temporary connection of the shore power cable and portable solar panel cables. Safe, secure and dry. No, I’d rather not use the vehicle inverter and main battery for this purpose. Yes, the 6 kWh of storage could put 10 -12 miles into the R1T in a pinch.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

I’ve used it for camping chairs, small propane grill tanks, carry on luggage, campstream diy kit, packages and groceries.

I went with BougeRV Pro Fridge / Freezer version that has tie down spots and is not as tall. It can also house a battery pack which makes it a nice option to use it without an outlet.

I bought it for my SUV but have only had a chance to use it In the R1T loaner I had when I met up with the Rivian group for camping. It was only used in the gear tunnel. One thing is you need some airflow. So when driving I would leave the ski door open.

I had to slightly tilt the fridge when trying to load it into the gear tunnel but once its inside the tunnels it sits flat it fits perfect.

same issue with not getting as cold when stored in the frunk. You need some airflow

I am not worried about the Fridge/Freezer fitting in the frunk. What I am worried about is a cooler that barely fits and when you go over bumps or potholes, the fridge moves up and bangs into the hood.

Exterior Dimension(L*W*H): 23.0 in*12.6 in*12.0 in

I rather have something not as tall to give some room for movement up / down on rough roads or when going offroading.

I also wanted it to fit in the rear compact spare tire spot for the R1S so this took care of both items for me.

The $80 discount code that brought the cooler down to $169 was icing on the cake. Free shipping helped to seal the deal.

https://www.bougerv.com/products/crpro21-12v-truck-fridge

Here is a thread with more options

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/biggest-electric-fridge-freezer-for-frunk.17649/
IMG_5440.jpeg
IMG_7689.jpeg

1695480640852-png.png

1695480740400-png.png

1695480762040-png.png

1695480779340-png.png
I use a slightly smaller version of that unit. It was on sale dirt cheap on Amazon. Works great.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

I carry an Ecoflow Delta Max power station with two companion smart batteries as auxiliary power for our Airstream travel trailer. (This setup could also serve tent campers). These three units were previously housed under our RAM 2500 truck cap. They now fit perfectly in the gear tunnel of our new R1T, and the doors allow ventilation and easy temporary connection of the shore power cable and portable solar panel cables. Safe, secure and dry. No, I’d rather not use the vehicle inverter and main battery for this purpose. Yes, the 6 kWh of storage could put 10 -12 miles into the R1T in a pinch.
The cables can go through the tunnel door gaps when "partially latched"? (I wouldn't want to leave them open, I've been using the bed for my Ecoflow with the tonneau 99% closed.

Sponsored

JamuJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 2500, Polestar 2, R1T Max Pack Performance
Occupation
Retired Petroleum Engineer
The cables can go through the tunnel door gaps when "partially latched"? (I wouldn't want to leave them open, I've been using the bed for my Ecoflow with the tonneau 99% closed.
The tunnel doors would only be open during attended use. I don’t have a tonneau, as Rivian has suspended shipments of the manual tonneau which I had ordered.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Toolboxes. Since there's not enough room in the bed for a "real" toolbox, I've got this in one side:

Rivian R1T R1S What fits in gear tunnel? 1702335722048

And a couple smaller ones in the other side.

shumdit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 and counting….
Clubs

I bought a lot of transmissions, disassembled them and threw the parts into bins in the tunnel. It is a “gear” tunnel after all.
Sponsored