Sponsored

What Else Are You Considering?

What Else Are You Considering (Among Electric Vehicles)?

• Total voters

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

OP should edit Poll to add a few more to improve fidelity
  • Ford F-150 electric
  • Hyundai Ionic5
  • Kia EV6 / GT
  • Ford Mach-E / GT

OP
OP

TeslaToRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
OP should edit Poll to add a few more to improve fidelity
  • Ford F-150 electric
  • Hyundai Ionic5
  • Kia EV6 / GT
  • Ford Mach-E / GT
Maybe I’ll make a new poll that just has the other options instead of putting them all under the same poll. It would be nice if there was a write in option

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Not to be picky, but perhaps, in addition to the five choices initially listed, a sixth option should have been presented, that being: "None".

I know a lot of us have other EVs we would choose as an alternate vehicle, but absent the Rivian options, my next five vehicles likely would have consumed fossil fuels. Not even the CyberTruck or CGI/GMC Hummer captures my imagination like any of the Rivian variants have.

I want (thank you, Riviot) a truck that has world-class capabilities, without looking like something out of "Mystery Science Theater 3000" or a Hollywood Plastic Surgeon's catalog for Male Enhancement Options. Both Rivians look modern without redirecting your view to something hanging just below the front bumper. I love that other manufacturers are joining the fray, but I want something that looks civilized while still having the ability to climb a tree and swim across a creek.

Rivian's vibe is like Clark Kent's. Mild mannered around town, but capable of, well, you know.....Truth. Justice, and the American Way.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but have you ever seen Clark Kent and RJ Scaringe on the same stage at the same time? I didn't think so......

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but have you ever seen Clark Kent and RJ Scaringe on the same stage at the same time? I didn't think so......
LOL!

And you won't!

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I think my "other" would honestly be the Dodge TRX by then the cost should be down a little too. That seems very different than what a lot of people want on here but who doesn't want 700hp of desert running supercharger screaming crazy.

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

[QUOTE="DuckTruck, post: 30765,

I love that other manufacturers are joining the fray, but I want something that looks civilized while still having the ability to climb a tree and swim across a creek.

[/QUOTE]

This 100%. My vehicle requirements align with my wife requirements. Cultured and classy; but with a wild side.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This 100%. My vehicle requirements align with my wife requirements. Cultured and classy; but with a wild side.
I assume you're still looking...

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
Clubs

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
Clubs

So... the mullet of cars?
Trying to think what the closest thing to that would be. An El Camino?
Love a good mullet...and you gave me a great new nickname for my wife (El Camino).

ravian

First Name
Debarshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Sienna
I’m considering Model Y, Pacifica hybrid Kia telluride and Honda CRV in addition to the R1S. The third row is nice to have but not sure if it’s worth $15,000 premium. EV is preferable but not sure if it’s $15,000 premium.

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Volvo XC 90
Occupation
Engineer
I think my "other" would honestly be the Dodge TRX by then the cost should be down a little too. That seems very different than what a lot of people want on here but who doesn't want 700hp of desert running supercharger screaming crazy.
While I agree driving a Dodge TRX for a couple of days would be pretty cool. Unfortunately it isn't for me.

A R1T with Max Pack will likely be able to go farther. I hear real world MPG of a TRX is around 9. 33 Gallon tank = 3297 mile of range.

Or if I drive 120,000 miles in a TRX that is going to take 13,333 gallons of gas at $3.00* per gallon = $40,000. That is almost half the cost** of purchasing the R1T in just gas savings.

*Gas in Seattle is more like $3.75 right now. However electricity isn't free, electric vehicles have extra registration, Net Present Value etc.

**With federal tax incentives

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

[QUOTE="DuckTruck, post: 30765,

I love that other manufacturers are joining the fray, but I want something that looks civilized while still having the ability to climb a tree and swim across a creek.
[/QUOTE]
Damn straight! Well.....maybe not so straight, given the wild requirement..... ?
Sponsored