First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
How much does a set usually run? I have been using OEM mats on my Hondas, so have no experience with third party products.

GR
Weathertech makes matts and liners. Matts are cheaper and just cover the floor. $100 or so. Liners are a heavier, stiffer material and have side walls that usually extend up an inch or two. They will hold water from melted ice/snow. More durable, perhaps less attractive. About $200 for floor liners. I have the floor liners. Best if you have snow in your area.
Sponsored

RivianRiverRat

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla 3, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I’ve had both and both were good purchases. 2 Different makes models and years. Definitely get the liners for mud snow and water

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
I have had Husky liners in my 2013 F-150 since new. I have the X-act Contour in front and the WeatherBeater in the rear. The X-act are soft/rubbery with some traction. The WeatherBeater are (in my opinion) very similar to the Weathertech mats - harder plastic and kind of slick. I would absolutely do the same combination again with my Rivian should Husky make them available. Husky's factory is in northern Oklahoma. They've made the same request as Weathertech - "if someone brings us a vehicle to measure, we'll make the mats".

The X-act driver's side has finally worn through in one spot where my heel rests when on the go pedal. Not bad though for 9 years.

Someone mentioned elsewhere the 3D Kogu liners. They look awesome and seem to have big fans.

Zach05855

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
I have and use both in my vehicles.

I prefer the Husky liners as they are more rubber like, more flexible and most important they do no have clip holes like the Weathertech. The Husky use an indent to secure in place so no water leaks out.

Reactions: Jac

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
A few of us are only a few miles from WeatherTech but we are in the May/June delivery window sadly.

If they don't have a vehicle by the time I get mine, I'd be glad to let them use it for measurement.
I'd imagine you'd at least get a free set of mats out of the deal.

Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
How far is it from Bolingbrook to Normal? I mean.. can't they just send an employee on a field trip? I have to believe Rivian would let someone come in and measure mats for a half an hour.

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

How far is it from Bolingbrook to Normal? I mean.. can't they just send an employee on a field trip? I have to believe Rivian would let someone come in and measure mats for a half an hour.
WeatherTech is the competition. Rivian sells all weather mats. I'd assume they would not allow that.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

It is a decent drive. Probably about 110 miles on I55. You can see the weather tech campus from the highway.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
WeatherTech is the competition. Rivian sells all weather mats. I'd assume they would not allow that.
Rivian sells floor mats but they aren't really an enterprise designed to make profits off those items. I don't think this should be an issue, especially since Rivian knows they'll make them regardless of whether they participate. I really do feel like a nice request would get a few minutes with a truck, but maybe I'm just naive ?

Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Received and installed my rivian rubber mats today; fit like a glove and i doubt any 3rd party can do better

Most owners thus far have indicated there is a gap between the mat and the sill of the door. Are your mats flush with the door sill, thus covering all the carpet?

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 🤞
I've been a fan of Weathertech floor mats for a long time. I've installed them in every car I've owned for probably 15 years or more. And after seeing the all-weather mats from Rivian, I inquired to Weathertech customer service about their timeline for producing their mats for rivian. Here's the response I received:

Thank you for contacting WeatherTech. We do plan to develop parts for Rivian vehicles.​
Access to this vehicle will be the only hurdle. If by chance are you local (Bolingbrook , IL ) ?​
If so, can I please have your contact information and is it possible that we could reach out to you for development purposes.​
You can fill out this form to be contacted when the product is available.​
Please fill out our New Product Inquiry form, and you will receive an e-mail when that product is available for purchase: https://www.weathertech.com/service/product-updates/
Best regards,​
Melissa Witt​
Email Assistant​
T: (630) 769-1500​

Anyone near Bolingbrook, IL willing to let Weathertech use your truck as a template for measuring?
Just wondering if anyone has made the effort to work with Weathertech on this.

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 🤞
I like to think they would encourage 3rd party support/development.

OP
OP
ranieri

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
The person I was in contact with informed me about a week later that they got their hands on an R1T for measurements. Not sure how long it will take for production though.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
I've been a fan of Weathertech floor mats for a long time. I've installed them in every car I've owned for probably 15 years or more. And after seeing the all-weather mats from Rivian, I inquired to Weathertech customer service about their timeline for producing their mats for rivian. Here's the response I received:

Thank you for contacting WeatherTech. We do plan to develop parts for Rivian vehicles.​
Access to this vehicle will be the only hurdle. If by chance are you local (Bolingbrook , IL ) ?​
If so, can I please have your contact information and is it possible that we could reach out to you for development purposes.​
You can fill out this form to be contacted when the product is available.​
Please fill out our New Product Inquiry form, and you will receive an e-mail when that product is available for purchase: https://www.weathertech.com/service/product-updates/
Best regards,​
Melissa Witt​
Email Assistant​
T: (630) 769-1500​

Anyone near Bolingbrook, IL willing to let Weathertech use your truck as a template for measuring?
I really like TuxMat | The Ultimate Car Mat With Max Coverage ...again, they are in Toronto and want someone to bring them a truck to measure. At one point, they offered a free set to the person who helped them out on this...a little too far for me to drive, though. In the meantime, the Rivian mats are fine.
Sponsored